Annoyed with wating for new HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
** was a typo ...

would be counting the hours to get out of my directv contract .. (and would also swap out my cable internet connection in a heartbeat)

Sorry sloppy English - not been sleeping too well .. and the coffee "kick" seems to be more like a gentle tickle this past few hours.

Well when we got D*'s announcement about the mid August launch and it was pitiful, the lemmings at the other site said to us who weren't happy "just wait, there will be some surprises in the launch, it won't be that bad." Well the only surprise was that there was so many HD PPVs in that launch. Then they said "wait until September." Well September rolled around and nothing. Then they said "no, no, no...D* said fall was the big moment." Well fall came and still nothing. Then it was "we will get some in October." Well we are nearly half way through October and so far it has been a big fat nothing.

And all along D* employees (whose job is to keep customers happy and from leaving D*) have been saying the temporary HD PPVs are just place holders until contracts are signed. Well those so called temporary HD PPVs have been in place for 2 months and they look pretty permanent to me. D* is really screwing the pooch on this one. Malone has transformed what was last year a fast moving do whatever it takes company to get new channels up into a stuck in the mud we've done enough company. Either D* has committed so much to HD PPV sport packages that are sharing the space with the HD PPVs that they don't have any more room left, or they've become the new Charlie when it comes to contract negotiations with the content providers.

I know D* has been rolling out a lot of local HD channels and that is vital for customers who don't get HD locals from D*, but that doesn't mean that they have to neglect the national HD channels. They were able to roll out some of both together last year. Why not now?

Last edited:
I'm reposting the email address again. The more people who write, the better our chances of getting them to move on this. I just got back this message from my post to this mail addess (see below)

"Thanks for writing us back. I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management. Please stay tuned to (had to take out the link) to keep up with the latest HD news. (the link was directv's website)

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,"

Anyone who is annoyed about DirecTV not carrying all of the HD channels that are available, please write them and complain. Especially Fox News HD!

You can write them here

directvcustomercare@directv.com

Its not about which channel, it about adding some period. Offering up that you don't want X channel helps nothing. For every 1 person that doesn't want a particular channel, 10 do.

Please, no FoxHD, they suck

Thank you for your opinion *sarcasm*. We are talking about Fox News HD btw. FoxHD typically refers to the OTA broadcasting network that airs such hits as Family Guy and The Simpsons, not the news channel we are all asking for.

You sound as clueless as the DirecTV CSR that put me on hold and came back to tell me that Fox is on channel 13 in HD (my LOCAL Fox affiliate), after I specifically asked for Fox News HD.

You sound as clueless as the DirecTV CSR that put me on hold and came back to tell me that Fox is on channel 13 in HD (my LOCAL Fox affiliate), after I specifically asked for Fox News HD.

That sounds like the same dipstick at Subway who asks me if I want cheese on the Ham and Cheese I order at Subway. This happens every time I go into this particular Subway and the same "sandwich artist" asks me that every time.

That sounds like the same dipstick at Subway who asks me if I want cheese on the Ham and Cheese I order at Subway. This happens every time I go into this particular Subway and the same "sandwich artist" asks me that every time.

Sandwich artist...haha... is that what they call them? anything to make the lowest of the low end of society feel better about themselves and their pathetic, waste of oxygen of a life. I guess I should be glad that guy has a job and isn't sucking off society as much as so many people like to do now days. I mean, he could be sitting home on public assistance. Instead he is using his talents to craft sammiches! I must give credit where credit is due I suppose!

Sandwich artist...haha... is that what they call them? anything to make the lowest of the low end of society feel better about themselves and their pathetic, waste of oxygen of a life. I guess I should be glad that guy has a job and isn't sucking off society as much as so many people like to do now days. I mean, he could be sitting home on public assistance. Instead he is using his talents to craft sammiches! I just give credit where credit is due I suppose!
Hey at least they are working. I have the utmost respect for a guy (or gal) trying. Maybe thats all thats available or all they are capable of. In any case, its an honest living, and we shouldnt look down on them because of it

What a surprise. I just loaded the main satelliteguys.us for the first time today and saw the lovely "SatelliteGuys Podcast Special" announcement as the top story. Not that there is anything wrong with that announcement, but I was hoping to see something like, "DirecTV to launch 20 HD nationals on November 5th; Fox News HD and Travel Channel HD among the list"

NO SUCH LUCK!

It has been months since we saw any real DirecTV announcements. Five new local markets only means something if you live in one of those markets. The rest of us don't care!

We want HD nationals.

Hey at least they are working. I have the utmost respect for a guy (or gal) trying. Maybe thats all thats available or all they are capable of. In any case, its an honest living, and we shouldnt look down on them because of it

Yes, that is why I gave him credit where credit is due at the end. You are right.

Yes, that is why I gave him credit where credit is due at the end. You are right.
I know you did, perhaps a little hard on them at the start though? No big deal. We agree for the most part.

Bring on the HD!

What a surprise. I just loaded the main satelliteguys.us for the first time today and saw the lovely "SatelliteGuys Podcast Special" announcement as the top story. Not that there is anything wrong with that announcement, but I was hoping to see something like, "DirecTV to launch 20 HD nationals on November 5th; Fox News HD and Travel Channel HD among the list"

NO SUCH LUCK!

It has been months since we saw any real DirecTV announcements. Five new local markets only means something if you live in one of those markets. The rest of us don't care!

We want HD nationals.
Were you expecting this on a MONDAY??????:p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)