Answers to your Hopper Questions

What if I don't want to limit a Joey to a single Hopper? I want my Joeys to see both Hopper's.

It doesn't have to be limited to just 1 Hopper. You have the ability to tell the Joey what Hopper you want it to see whenever you want. When Dish figures out how, there will be a software update allowing everything to see eachother without having to tell it to.

navychop said:
That's a coming attraction.

I understand that the Hoppers arent integrated yet and the Joey can only see one at a time. But this install sounds almost permanent. IE Joey one is only linked to Hopper 1. From what I've read of other people's installs, they can press the blue button to select the other Hopper.

Doesn't matter which Joey is connected to which Hopper in the wiring. You can select which Hopper you want the Joey to see when ever you want.

Well I love the fact it is thinner, the sling and hdd fit on top with room to breath in my cabinet. The hdd files from the 722k are transferring as I type this with no problems. Not that this means much but it is kinda cool to see a tab just for PTAT on the sling web page.

Disappointed to see the output still has no 1080p.

Off to set up all my timers so PTAT doesn't delete stuff after 8 days.

Now that I think about it, the PTAT tab on sling is nice because it keeps all those recordings out of the way when looking for shows you want to watch.

Well I love the fact it is thinner, the sling and hdd fit on top with room to breath in my cabinet. The hdd files from the 722k are transferring as I type this with no problems. Not that this means much but it is kinda cool to see a tab just for PTAT on the sling web page.

Disappointed to see the output still has no 1080p.

Off to set up all my timers so PTAT doesn't delete stuff after 8 days.

Nothing is broadcast in 1080p and probably won't be. It's a gigantic waste of bandwidth for normal broadcasting. Dish has 1080p PPV, however.

yup, 1080p would be a waste for most people. I would be able to use it as I have a huge tv and can tell the difference but I don't think it worth the bandwidth. I would rather they not compress things so much just at the 1080i level first.

Anyone have trouble with the search feature? It doesn't list anything I type in, even if I select program guide.

If I select "more" it says no results with the green boxes flickering.

1080p PPV's with no 1080p output?

Last edited:
Also think it's cool if a PTAT show starts before 8 it records from the start, NICE!!!

I assume that holds true for things ending after 11.

spoiler1041 said:
Anyone have trouble with the search feature? It doesn't list anything I type in, even if I select program guide.

If I select "more" it says no results with the green boxes flickering.

1080p PPV's with no 1080p output?

Yep. Search doesn't work for me either. It's been well over 48 hrs so there should be plenty of guide data by now.

Found another bug too. Keep at most doesn't work. I have one timer set to 5 which it blew right past with no end in sight.

1080p is probably ok. VIPs didn't have that setting either yet it worked anyway.

I have a question about a 2 hopper and say 4 Joey setup. I understand that right now the 2 hoppers can not communicate with each other.. But can the Joeys pick and choice witch hopper it wants to look at?? Thanks

gokartergo said:
I have a question about a 2 hopper and say 4 Joey setup. I understand that right now the 2 hoppers can not communicate with each other.. But can the Joeys pick and choice witch hopper it wants to look at?? Thanks

Yes they can. You can change it by going into the menu.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

A third joey is not needed. i upgraded to a 2 Hopper/2 Joey system and wasn't required to get 3 joeys. call back and have them adjust the order.

Brand new here and trying to soak up a lot of info. I'm considering switching my satellite provider because of the Hopper/Joey system. During a chat with a Dish CSR yesterday I was told a 2H/2J system was not an option. If I wanted a 2H configuration I could only get it if I also got 3 Joeys. I only have 4 TVs so that configuration doesn't work for me. The CSR wanted suggested I just get the 3rd Joey in case I wanted to a a 5th TV. It's a shame there is so much confusion about this.

joe.

lex61 said:
Brand new here and trying to soak up a lot of info. I'm considering switching my satellite provider because of the Hopper/Joey system. During a chat with a Dish CSR yesterday I was told a 2H/2J system was not an option. If I wanted a 2H configuration I could only get it if I also got 3 Joeys. I only have 4 TVs so that configuration doesn't work for me. The CSR wanted suggested I just get the 3rd Joey in case I wanted to a a 5th TV. It's a shame there is so much confusion about this.

joe.

I would PM a Dish Internet Response Team member when Matt and Raymond get on later. A 2H/2J system is definetly an option.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner