Any Hopper billing nightmares yet?

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Other than the pricing that they quoted over the phone has anyone's debit/credit card not be charged yet and have you been told that your upgrade would be billed to your Dish Network bill? (I was told this by one of the Matt's from DIRT seeing how it came from DIRT it should be gold but still i'm nervous) Also has anyone been billed different from the price that that was given to them over the phone?

three more days until install

Other than the pricing that they quoted over the phone has anyone's debit/credit card not be charged yet and have you been told that your upgrade would be billed to your Dish Network bill? (I was told this by one of the Matt's from DIRT seeing how it came from DIRT it should be gold but still i'm nervous) Also has anyone been billed different from the price that that was given to them over the phone?

three more days until install

I just called a few minutes ago and was quoted $100 + $15 install. I have some maintenance thing on my account that I forgot about so that made the install cheaper. I should remove that later!

They put a $1 hold on my credit card and I was told the $115 would be on my next bill. The puzzling thing is that I was told my monthly bill would only go up $4. I was expecting it to go up about $11 (currenty DVR fee is $6 + $7 for Joey, so $17 - 6 = $11 in my book). Oh well, we'll see.

I just called a few minutes ago and was quoted $100 + $15 install. I have some maintenance thing on my account that I forgot about so that made the install cheaper. I should remove that later!

They put a $1 hold on my credit card and I was told the $115 would be on my next bill. The puzzling thing is that I was told my monthly bill would only go up $4. I was expecting it to go up about $11 (currenty DVR fee is $6 + $7 for Joey, so $17 - 6 = $11 in my book). Oh well, we'll see.

That maintenance thing must be the protection plan.

Must really hate Dish to start a thread on Hopper billing nightmares when none have happened yet. If they happen are you actually afraid that no one will post them? :D

Must really hate Dish to start a thread on Hopper billing nightmares when none have happened yet. If they happen are you actually afraid that no one will post them? :D

Duh...like that would ever happen around here! :p

Hmmm, errors, issues, problems, inconsistencies, disputes, dilemmas...NOPE! Went right for the jugular with "nightmares". :rolleyes: My favorite part will be when the trolls come in and start bashing Dish in this thread, too, for things that aren't even related. :trolls:

Must really hate Dish to start a thread on Hopper billing nightmares when none have happened yet. If they happen are you actually afraid that no one will post them?

No I have no problems with Dish except for the fact that I had gotten two different answers from DISH on launch day by two CSRs, and then one by a DIRT team member. I figured Matt from DIRT team was right (hence the fact I said he's word was more than likely golden) I just wanted to see if anyone else was basically told the same thing. ($1 hold on the card, then billed on the next cycle) I've been quite happy with DISH since I signed up in late 2005/2006. Imagine that.

I was told the "new" equipment charges would be on my next Dish bill. My current bill just went out via auto pay last Friday, and the new charges were NOT on that bill. I looked at my bill on the Dish website and shows the amount will be on the next bill. So, that matches what I was told.

No I have no problems with Dish except for the fact that I had gotten two different answers from DISH on launch day by two CSRs, and then one by a DIRT team member. I figured Matt from DIRT team was right (hence the fact I said he's word was more than likely golden) I just wanted to see if anyone else was basically told the same thing. ($1 hold on the card, then billed on the next cycle) I've been quite happy with DISH since I signed up in late 2005/2006. Imagine that.

Let's see, I had a $1 hold on my card for about 3 days and then it went away. I am being billed for my March Hopper install on my April bill. Question answered.......

I noticed my account balance was about double what it normally is online. i did a chat and was told that they applied the upgrade to the account and it would be on the next billing cycle. Seems like this is the first upgrade that wasn't charged to my card and went straight to my account? no biggie, and unless they add something else to it, it looks like it will be cheaper than what i was quoted. i'll wait until the next bill arrives but i'm crossing fingers. lol

I was all paid up before putting in the upgrade order, then I had a $93 charge on my bill after they left so paid that. Then a $30 charge for my Sling adapter I had to order on the day after that. Paid that. Now I got my latest bill and this is what it looks like:

(Excludes taxes / credits)

Blockbuster@Home - 1 Disc 10.00
America's Top 250 69.99
DVR Service 6.00
Protection Plan 6.00
HD 250 Free ($10/Mo) 0.00
HBO 16.00
Joey Receiver 7.00
Joey Receiver 7.00
Whole Home DVR Service 4.00
5 Superstations 7.00
Total $132.99

Looks right to me. :D

got email for my billing was ready.. took look at it. I owe nothing -14.00 due.. there should be $200 charge on there for 2 hoppers and it's not there.... I have not check my CC yet.. But when my modify my work order the agent messed up and remove the hoppers from work order.. hmm wonder if I got it for free?

Deputy Troll...always ready for duty!!

Rofl_3c.gif

Deputy Troll...always ready for duty!!
You lost me. If you're calling me a habitual troll, when have I ever trolled?

If you didn't understand, I was joking around about it being too early to discuss billing issues.

Last edited:
got email for my billing was ready.. took look at it. I owe nothing -14.00 due.. there should be $200 charge on there for 2 hoppers and it's not there.... I have not check my CC yet.. But when my modify my work order the agent messed up and remove the hoppers from work order.. hmm wonder if I got it for free?

Keep posting.... Maybe DIRT will "fix" it for you! LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)