any new HD rumors for 5.1.08?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What makes this one "one of my good contacts"?
Can you give us "just one" example that one of your contacts ever got it right?

Scott's contacts have been right plenty of times. When they have been wrong, they have been over optimistic, and I understand why.

They are probably Dish employees or partners who want to see Dish succeed, so they want to believe that more HD is coming "soon". That's to be expected.

At times I have heard things from contacts in other industries that err the same way. They want to believe, they want their companies programming or products to be associated with Dish, so they are less cynical than some of us are.

Don't blame Scott.

Maybe I'm confused, but wouldn't the third recording be using TV2 and therefore be in SD only? Or maybe I am under-utilizing my 722.
As long as you are recording on a hd channel OTA or sat it is still hd the signal is only downcoverted to tv2

Scott's contacts have been right plenty of times. When they have been wrong, they have been over optimistic, and I understand why.

They are probably Dish employees or partners who want to see Dish succeed, so they want to believe that more HD is coming "soon". That's to be expected.

At times I have heard things from contacts in other industries that err the same way. They want to believe, they want their companies programming or products to be associated with Dish, so they are less cynical than some of us are.

Don't blame Scott.

Still NO example of a time that one of his contacts has got it right.
I am asking for "JUST ONE", yet you can't supply one. Neither can he.

I am not blaming Scott for DISH not adding HD. I am however tired of Scott working everyone up into a frenzy by posting foolish predictions. If Scott is consciously doing it to drive traffic or if he is so gullible that he keeps posting info from sources that have NEVER been right; then yes he deserves to be called on it.
Again he has NEVER been right.

I am not blaming Scott for DISH not adding HD. I am however tired of Scott working everyone up into a frenzy by posting foolish predictions. If Scott is consciously doing it to drive traffic or if he is so gullible that he keeps posting info from sources that have NEVER been right; then yes he deserves to be called on it.

I will name one Scott told us of the SCFI and USAHD that is one.

Accusing Scott of starting rumors just to drive site traffic is totally out of line. If you don't like rumors, which by definition aren't confirmed... stop coming to the site and wait for Dish to issue press releases. It's as simple as that.

I will name one Scott told us of the SCFI and USAHD that is one.

He said we would get them one week, we did not. He then said it would be the next week, then he said we would not. Then he went on to say the contract wasn't even signed. A day or two later we got them.
That is getting one right ???? WTF ??

YES he got that one right but i think we all knew it was coming. they kept putting it off and off. i think its all about the traffic to the web site that he wants. i can start a web site too and say a HD Channel is coming and coming and give dates. and then each week say sources were wrong and come back next week. and that is what we all do here...

Accusing Scott of starting rumors just to drive site traffic is totally out of line. If you don't like rumors, which by definition aren't confirmed... stop coming to the site and wait for Dish to issue press releases. It's as simple as that.
So we have one vote for gullible.

But dont give people false hope by saying if NO new hd here by may 1 then you can leave dish. to me sounds like he is getting a kick back from directv

If any new HD peaks out from behind a cloud and finds it's way to my dish, I hope that itwill have more HD content than SCI-FI....................................................dissapointing

YES he got that one right but i think we all knew it was coming. they kept putting it off and off. i think its all about the traffic to the web site that he wants. i can start a web site too and say a HD Channel is coming and coming and give dates. and then each week say sources were wrong and come back next week. and that is what we all do here..

What some people do for traffic... :rolleyes:

how do i cancel my account on this site...... This site is just a fraud

I guess you don't see the enormous amount of ADS this site has!! (There is nothing wrong with starting rumours to increase traffic) But lets call A SPADE A SPADE. IF you notice there were an equal number of WRONG D* rumours back when the d* folks were still salivating for HD

These threads are full of posts asking Scott what the latest info is or even worse posts quoting Scotts latest prophecy as if it were on stone tablets. It is just sad that Scott has so much clout with the readers of this forum when he has NEVER got any "inside info" that panned out. On top of that I have read quite a few posts that say something like "sounds like Scott knows something he's not telling us". WHAT?!? He tells too much and I am still waiting for one to be right.
A broken clock is right twice a day yet Scott is NEVER right. So I think it is time to stop the "sources tell me" post.
There is nothing wrong with him or anyone else posting "I think we will" or "my gut tells me" predictions. But when you add validity to your post by quoting an "inside source", you had better be right more than you are wrong. Of course here everyone is quick to clear Scott by saying DISH changed their plans. :rolleyes:

That is like if you cry wolf so many times no one will ever come help you if you are always wrong

Fine... stop coming to this site. If it's that bad, don't come here. There's a couple of other sites that don't do the rumor thing you may like. PM me and I will be gland to give you their addresses!

It's just that simple!

See ya
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)