Any Word On Setanta Sport??

DISH Network -- A La CarteDISH Network gives you more choices in what you watch. ... Setanta Sports – Your Home of International Sports brings to you the complete package of premium ...
DISH Network -- A La Carte - 37k -

Just sent a stroppy email to ceo@dishnetwork.com dont know if it will do any good but we all need to bombard them.

... and the reason for the stroppy email was what exactly ?
I hope you get an equally stroppy reply.

Setanta is not on that link that you sent.

Why do we need to bombard them - we have already been told that it will be here Aug 1st - bombarding them with emails and "stroppy" comments won't get it here any faster. It'll just annoy people.

DISH Network -- A La CarteDISH Network gives you more choices in what you watch. ... Setanta Sports – Your Home of International Sports brings to you the complete package of premium ...
DISH Network -- A La Carte - 37k -

Just sent a stroppy email to ceo@dishnetwork.com dont know if it will do any good but we all need to bombard them.

What ??

You are living in 2006 !!

Setanta is on Dish Network in August.

What ??

You are living in 2006 !!

Setanta is on Dish Network in August.

No im living right now....all im reading is a lot of hearsay and speculation?. If it annoys someone, GOOD. They have annoyed me also. I know it wont make a difference, but it made me feel better.....for a couple of minutes.

You must have missed the post above at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/962498-post246.html

And there is an equivalent reply from the regular Setanta email address in some thread (not sure if that one is here or another Forum).

I did miss it. Sorry, although frankly what a Dish CSR says is meaningless (Setanta may be another story).

Remember that there are a lot of people on vacation during the summer, and with all the stuff going on August 15th (new HD channels, etc), I suspect that E* had people go on vacation during July. So, that might explain why there is no press releases and so forth.

Also remember that if E* understood the true level of interest in this channel, they would have added it a year or two ago, so the lack of PR regarding it is no surprise.

This still doesn't explain why they didn't include Setanta with all the August15th/Sept1st HD channel announcements. You can't mean that they didn't have enough people to type the word "Setanta". And if E* is adding a channel they're going to announce it and make it sound like the Second Coming, regardless of what they THINK the audience actually is.

At this point it seems Setanta is coming (although, again, they are not officially committed to it) and the only logical explanation for the relative hush-hush is contractual. Again, if the negotiations wrapped up "weeks ago", and even allowing for a week of logistics, why not July 18th, or 23rd, or 25th? August 1st sounds legal, but this is just academic and speculation.

At least there's not much on the channel (except for the Asian Cup) right now. I cancelled my ITVN (foolhardy, I know :)) so will wait and see.

=NLK=

August 1st sounds legal, but this is just academic and speculation.

I thought that Directv had a 12 month exclusive contract with them .. i could be wrong ... but that would mean Dish could not have access until 1st August.
Can anyone remember what date Setanta went live on Direct ? I couldn't find it when i searched.

At least there's not much on the channel (except for the Asian Cup) right now. I cancelled my ITVN (foolhardy, I know :)) so will wait and see.

=NLK=

The Emirates Cup starts this weekend. I would have really liked to see it. Heck, I would've paid the $14.99 for July just to see it.

Last edited:
I thought that Directv had a 12 month exclusive contract with them .. i could be wrong ... but that would mean Dish could not have access until 1st August.
Can anyone remember what date Setanta went live on Direct ? I couldn't find it when i searched.

Well, considering that this thread was started in late March of 2006, I don't believe that it has anything to do with DirecTV having an exclusive 12 month window. Plus, ITVN has been offering Setanta for the past year.

From talking with folks at Setanta, this was just a matter of Dish not wanting to add an a la carte channel at the same terms DirecTV was offering it, but Dish had no option since SSC's contract with DirecTV calls for SSC to be offered to all other providers on the same terms as DirecTV. I'm sure that customer demand had something to do with it as well.

I just got a reply to my email to Dish.

The channel will definitely be available and is on FREE preview until 5th September.

It will be back on the site on 1st August.

Good news eh?!

I just got a reply to my email to Dish.

The channel will definitely be available and is on FREE preview until 5th September.

It will be back on the site on 1st August.

Good news eh?!

What this means is that they are waiting until August 1st, in order to first prepare advertising. A Free Preview doesn't do them much good, unless it is accompanied by some promotion. Neither Dish nor Setanta will make any money off the uplink during that whole period - when all us fanatics would have subscribed - so they clearly want to sell it to a wider range of sports fans. Presumably, we will see some sort of ad for Setanta, that will run on other sports channels - during Dish's in-house ad slots.

2 Notable Matches on for Free Preview

Aug 1
Live Pre-Season Friendly - Man Utd v Internazionale
Live action from the pre-season friendly that pits the Red Devils against Inter Milan. The Premiership champions will be aiming to halt the march of the Serie A victors in this intriguing fixture. K.O. 3:00pm ET.

Aug 4
Live World Cup Warm-Up - England v Wales
With the World Cup fast approaching, Brian Ashton's England take on their neighbours Wales hoping to fine tune their fitness ahead of the tournament proper. KO: 11.00am AET.

:hungry:

Powerball & Mega Millions Results Would Be Nice.

Suggestions for sat install in difficult reception area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)