Any Word On Setanta Sport??

I emailed Eric Sahl this:

"Mr. Sahl,
Many people were expecting news about Setanta on September 15th. Obviously that day came and went without any deal. What does the future hold with Setanta and Dish? Can we expect it before the new year?"

To which he replied:
"No progress to report at this time. Negotiations continue, but I am not sure at this time if there will be a launch before year end."

Nothing new obviously.

Last edited:
Well, looks like I have to join in.

Here's what I wrote to Mr. Sahl:

Hello, I am Aeris Gainsborough, and I'm only emailing you, because
people have been complaining about the lack of the English Premier
League, on Dish Network, because Setanta is not available on Dish
Network, and it probably will not happen

I was trying to think "outside the box," and been wondering about a
solution, so that people can stop compaining to Dish Network, about
the lack of English Premier League coverage, on Dish Network.

Dish Network has done a good job, so far, with their football
coverage, from Arabic Football, The World Cup 2006 (might I add in
mutilple languages,) Brazilian Football, Spainish Football, Italian
Football, and more, but sadly, because Setanta bought most rights, to
the English Premier League, to be shown in the USA, people have been
complaining to Dish Network, ever since.

Setanta is available on Directv, but not all want to make the transition.

ART Cards
(see here: http://www.affordablesat.co.uk/acatalog/Art_football_cards.html )
are very popular in England, because of the massive English Premier
League coverage, but sadly, the USA can't receive ART Sports, due to
cause of ART Sports being on the Hotbird Satellite, and it doesn't
reach the USA.

Since Reach Media "negotiates" the Arabic Programming, on Dish
Network, I was wondering, if you can ask ART Sports, to show the
English Premier League, on Dish Network.

It would have to be on a Pay-Per-View basis (probably on a per-match
basis, example: one match will cost $xx.xx) and ART Sports should be
only aired, when an English Premier League match is shown.

It would have to be all of what ART Sports can provide, for the
English Premier League. This means ART Sports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6,
but remember, ART Sports, should only be shown, when an English
Premier League match is shown.

This is practically a last-ditch option for DN, and if they can't do this...

Got a response from Mr. Saul, but he didn't say anything about the ART Sports Option.

Mr. Saul: We are still negotiating for full time carriage. Stay tuned.

"Mr. Sahl,
Many people were expecting news about Setanta on September 15th. Obviously that day came and went without any deal. What does the future hold with Setanta and Dish? Can we expect it before the new year?"

To which he replied:
"No progress to report at this time. Negotiations continue, but I am not sure at this time if there will be a launch before year end."

Nothing new obviously.

Thanks for the update. Too bad is was not good news. :down

Setanta on DISH? No so....

"Mr. Sahl,

To which he replied:

Nothing new obviously.

More bad news... this is the latest canned response from DISH:

"Thank you for your e-mail. Specific information regarding your request for Setanta Sports is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Andy M.

This makes is pretty obvious we are NOT getting Setanta any time soon.

In the last six months with regards to programming, E* has gone from surging ahead to stagnant to going backwards.

I agree with you DB2. They went from full spead ahead to full speed backwords.

BTW this is a good time to remind you if you had ITVN you would be watching Setanta by now. :) ITVN and Dish Network bot go great together. :)

For more information please visit http://itvncash.com/hit.php?s=3&p=4&w=100596&t=0&c= (Also remember if you sign up via this link SatelliteGuys.US earns $50 which helps us keep the lights on for all. :)

i am a die hard liverpool supporter and it has been annoying that setanta has been airing all the liverpool matches. ive caught wind the owner is a liverpool fan. my heart has been broken this season being i have dish network and NO liverpool matches to watch.

so yeah, im pissed and i want setanta.

I won't say exactly how I know, but a bird has whispered to me that those who have been wanting Setanta on Dish should have some very good news sometime in the coming weeks and before the start of the next Premiership season.

I won't say exactly how I know, but a bird has whispered to me that those who have been wanting Setanta on Dish should have some very good news sometime in the coming weeks and before the start of the next Premiership season.

I am not really familiar with Setanta - I assume this will be an extra cost service - any idea how much? I enjoy soccer, so I might have some interest.

--Doug

I am not really familiar with Setanta - I assume this will be an extra cost service - any idea how much? I enjoy soccer, so I might have some interest.

--Doug

Should be $15 per month.
Loads of football (UK Premiership mostly)
Loads of Rugby and lots of Australian rules football too.

:)

Already reported in another thread. Now we have two threads about it. :rolleyes:

PS The soccer includes (not exhaustive list):
- English Premier League
- English "Championship" League (exclusive in US)
- UEFA Champions League

We need dozens more Setanta threads ! We need to show how much interest there is. Oh and Go Man U !

No, the threads are unimportant now, as it should be available within a matter of days.

What will be important is for people to actually subscribe when it becomes available later this month.

So that Dish gets real feedback that, while people may go elsewhere for NFL or MLB, they are willing to stay with Dish for soccer, if Dish is once again the provider with the most soccer ( as they will be, when Setanta is made available ).

No, the threads are unimportant now, as it should be available within a matter of days.

What will be important is for people to actually subscribe when it becomes available later this month.

So that Dish gets real feedback that, while people may go elsewhere for NFL or MLB, they are willing to stay with Dish for soccer, if Dish is once again the provider with the most soccer ( as they will be, when Setanta is made available ).

Hell, I've got friends that have been waiting to move to Dish but wouldn't do so until they added Setanta not for the football (although that's a plus), but for the Rugby coverage. Ever since the demise of Fox Sports World into the Fox Soccer Channel there has been no place to get Tri-Nations, Super 14, Currie Cup, NPC or Six Nations rugby.

Now that Setanta is there, plus the HD on Dish, they're all getting ready to make the move.

And subscribing should be a no-brainer. $15 per month is great compared to the old $399 per year for the EPL PPV package alone, with the added bonus of a lot more programming for the money.

I just got confirmation from a very reliable source at DISH. Setanta will be on August 1st!
Setanta Extra will not initially be offered.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)