Anyone making a spring FTA "to do list"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Flurries here too. Too dang cold to tinker outside. Wish the temps would rise enough to pour the concrete around my new 10' dish's post!

Warmed up to mid 40's here today and the wind died down to 10 mph so I was able to finish one of my spring projects. The Birdview installation is completed.

If you want to read the book I and others wrote, it is in the C-Band section. :D

Supposed to warm up again Sunday and Monday. That will let me get back to the other two projects I have slated for this Spring.

Fred

My spring FTA chores included hooking it back up! My work situation changed so my spare bedroom changed to my home office. In the furniture re-arrange the FTA box got set aside for a bit.

The dog dug up at least a quarter of my buried RG6 & ribbon cable. I need to re-bury it.

Today I broke the Sadoun diplexers out and I have the Coolsat up and running again in my office. Time to tidy up the channel lists and get to blind scanning :).

I just got a good deal on another motorized setup in the sadoun $1 auctions on ebay so now I have 1 fixed 80cm and 1 motorized 80cm to go up to go with my already motorized 90 and my g10r 80cm.

The plans I had for the other fixed 80cm were not for FTA, but I planned on using it hopefully for my soon to be brokered bell expressvu sub since a dish500 is not getting me enough of a signal with the darn neighbors tree partially blocking my view to 91w. I already have my homemade LNB setup for it ready and working. But now with a second motorized setup coming, I'm all giddy, I am thinking of using the motorized one for sort of a testing setup for new stuff.

I gave in and finally poured concrete for my 10' dish's pole yesterday afternoon. The pole was pretty much solid (as I left several hundred pounds of concrete on it from when it was removed). I had a HUGE hole dug around it and tamped in a lot of dirt, to the point where it wouldn't budge anyhow. So I poured about 240lbs of fresh concrete and hoped that it would firm up enough that the nearly freezing temps wouldn't bother it (I waited a bit and dumpted about a foot of dirt on top, so hopefully that insulated the concrete from the low temps).

With any luck, tonight I will trim some tree branches that appear to be in the way, and get the dish on the pole so that I can start adjusting and tuning things before the rain starts tomorrow.

Then it's on to upgrading lnb's that I just purchased, and planting a couple small dishes (30" fortec and 36" primestar).

Trimmed branches, and planted the primestar yesterday (in the rain.. no concrete except for the existing 100lbs that was still on the old pole, but it's a good temp install for now). Couldn't find anyone wanting to go out in the rain to help lift the 10' onto the pole.

It's SNOWING today in Iowa! I doubt I'll get any help lifting in the snow today :(

another 7-10 for me they are now saying. Was suppossed to be negligible accumulation and gone by midday. I love how forcasters never take into account the lake effect unless you live in Buffalo NY.

They are saying 4-8 here in NE Iowa. I hope they are wrong. Although it is not sticking to the streets so it is real sloppy.

Picked up a Primestar oval this morning, my 1st one. Heading into town, I pass 2 P*s regularly. The 1st one I pass is the one I got. I noticed it was gone and someone was doing remodelling to the house. On the way back from town I stopped and talked to the guy. He said his granddad had built the house and he was fixing it up to move in. I asked about the P* and he said it was out back and I could take it. I said thanks and now I finally have a P* to play with. I feel like a kid on his Birthday!

Al

voomvoom - I almost had a similar story :( My company was remodeling one of their old buildings and I saw that they removed what appeared to be an approx 4 foot solid fiberglass dish from the roof and placed it in the dumpster. I didn't pick it out last night because of the heavy rain/mud. At lunch today, I cruised by and the dumpster was empty. I was sad (but my wife will probably be happy)

Along with my cable management project, I have to plant a new bud. Grabbed a 6' mesh from my boss' neighbor...wish they could have found the matching receiver. Oh well. I also need to brush up on my linux. Picked up a Relook 400s this week. It was in rough shape without a hard drive, but I have faith that it will work once I add one and program it. Also, I need to scan in all sats to the Pansat 5000 I picked up from Iceburg. So with 2 twin tuner pvrs to go with my cnx-v1 pvr...I should be in recording heaven!!! Oh, shoot...almost forgot about the Genpix adapter I need to install. This should be a pretty good summer! Curse you all for getting me hooked on this stuff!

Picked up a Primestar oval this morning, my 1st one. Heading into town, I pass 2 P*s regularly. The 1st one I pass is the one I got. I noticed it was gone and someone was doing remodelling to the house. On the way back from town I stopped and talked to the guy. He said his granddad had built the house and he was fixing it up to move in. I asked about the P* and he said it was out back and I could take it. I said thanks and now I finally have a P* to play with. I feel like a kid on his Birthday!

Al

Congratulations Al!!

Happy Birthday!!

What a great Birthday present!! :D

I have never been able to find one of those. I have several 84e's, but not an oval.

Have fun!!

Fred

just got the 10' dish on the pole today.. it's so dang muddy that we looked like fools out there sliding around trying to balance a 10' dish and get it up about 6-7 ft off the ground and onto the pole. it'll be awhile before I'm going back into that mud hole to start wiring it up :/

Hey lumpkin666,

What's a little mud. :D It'll wash off.

Just kidding! It would be difficult to balance the dish with your feet sliding around. It's going to dry out soon, and then everyone watch out. There will be so many FTA projects going we won't be able to keep up with them. :D

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)