Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

I feel like I must be missing something simple, but is there a setting for mail that deletes email from the server when I delete it from mail's trash?

I feel like I must be missing something simple, but is there a setting for mail that deletes email from the server when I delete it from mail's trash?

Try going to Utilities/Mail, Contacts, Calenders, then tap the mail account you want to edit, tap advanced, and then you can change how long to keep a deleted message. I hope that's what you were looking for.:)

stimpson said:
Try going to Utilities/Mail, Contacts, Calenders, then tap the mail account you want to edit, tap advanced, and then you can change how long to keep a deleted message. I hope that's what you were looking for.:)

When to delete from server. That was the one. Thanks.

What about the opposite of that issue? When I delete mail that I've looked at on my Mac, I would like for it to be completely deleted so that when I check my mail on my iPad or iPhone it will not be there. It's frustrating having to sort through the same messages twice.

Setting the iPad to delete mail from server when moved from my inbox doesn't seem to work. It still downloads to my phone or Mac after that.

jrp said:
Setting the iPad to delete mail from server when moved from my inbox doesn't seem to work. It still downloads to my phone or Mac after that.

I can delete from phone and it never shows up on my Mac. But if I delete from my Mac first then it still shows up on my phone. I've never changed any settings on either device.

The wife and kids got me the Logitech Solar Keyboard Folio for iPad for me as a Father's Day gift.

Just installed it and paired it with iPad. Took about a minute total. The keyboard feels good. If you flip the iPad around so the keyboard is behind it, the keyboard goes inactive. Put the iPad in typing position and the onscreen keyboard is inactive.

Cursor keys. I really like them. Video viewing angle is good.

My first impression is that this is an outstanding product.

So far so good. My wife is in love with the keyboard. I'm going to have to hide the iPad to keep her off of it ;). Haven't figured out what all the function keys do yet.

The case adds a bit of weight and thickness, but not enough to bother me.

My wife uses a keyboard, but I have never understood the rationale for it. If I want a screen and a keyboard, I use my laptop. :) But I do not see the iPad for creation of typed materials beyond emails and occasional forum posts.

My wife uses a keyboard, but I have never understood the rationale for it. If I want a screen and a keyboard, I use my laptop. :) But I do not see the iPad for creation of typed materials beyond emails and occasional forum posts.

while i wouldn't mind having one and may get one in the future,i agree that an ipad will never replace a laptop.

I don't need a high powered laptop. I can see my iPad, especially with it's Logitech powered keyboard capabilities, filling my laptop needs.

Good lesson for anyone wiping an iPad/iPhone, do the Update Apps feature in iTunes to make sure all apps you own are at the latest version BEFORE installing them on the iPhone/iPad. Saves a heck of a lot of time, as for some reason iOS took a long time to update 28 apps on my phone, even over wi-fi. :)

Downloaded Chrome for iOS. Seems fast, but man, its like Google did everything in their power to make it 1) as close to the PC-version in its appearance, and 2) as un-iOS as possible. No elegance or grace. Very utilitarian rectangular menus. Seems to be a fast browser, and seems to do a good job syncing between devices, including between pages open on an instance of chrome on an iPhone as on an iPad, but if 18 months on an iPad have taught me anything, it is that user interface and elegance actually are a significant part of the experience. I just don't see myself using it - particularly since safari has served me so well on the mac and iPad so far.

rockymtnhigh said:
Downloaded Chrome for iOS. Seems fast, but man, its like Google did everything in their power to make it 1) as close to the PC-version in its appearance, and 2) as un-iOS as possible. No elegance or grace. Very utilitarian rectangular menus. Seems to be a fast browser, and seems to do a good job syncing between devices, including between pages open on an instance of chrome on an iPhone as on an iPad, but if 18 months on an iPad have taught me anything, it is that user interface and elegance actually are a significant part of the experience. I just don't see myself using it - particularly since safari has served me so well on the mac and iPad so far.

I actually read that it's just a chrome skin for Safari (because Apple does not permit any competing browsers on ios). So the only real benefit is the ability to sync info across devices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)