Apple Live Event: iPhone 6, Apple Watch

What is the charging port on the 6 same as the 5 did I miss this somewhere ?

As of right now, I'm leaning towards sticking with my iPhone 5 and getting the watch instead of the iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here's my question on the Apple Watch - Every example I saw on the live feed showed it being worn on the left wrist. I'm left-handed and wear my watch on the right wrist. Will it re-orient itself 180 degrees or is it essentially useless to a lefty?

I of course, want the 6; not the 6plus; but I need to see what I can trade the 5 we have in for. If we can. The only thing I really want the 6 for is the camera. i use my camera constantly. Who knows. Like last year, I will not be pre-ordering; if I am lucky, I'll be able to come up with some cash in October, but I have a lot of other stuff going on.

That watch strikes me as interesting, but what impact will the Apple Watch have on the iPhone's battery, assuming it is a constant Bluetooth connection? Lots of questions. Intriguing, but they kind of lost me at the "starting at $349."

Here's my question on the Apple Watch - Every example I saw on the live feed showed it being worn on the left wrist. I'm left-handed and wear my watch on the right wrist. Will it re-orient itself 180 degrees or is it essentially useless to a lefty?

I assume it will be able to flip just like the iPhone/iPad.

Same here.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not sure if it can be used upside-down, but can't you wear any regular watch on your right hand?
I know it will be less convenient to use the dial, but far from being useless, IMO.

Personally, I am sold on iPhone 6. But not so much on the Apple Watch yet. I will need to do some more reading to better understand its features. There is plenty of time though: it's not coming this year anyway.

Not sure if it can be used upside-down, but can't you wear any regular watch on your right hand?
I know it will be less convenient to use the dial, but far from being useless, IMO.
Sure I wear a regular watch on my right wrist, but the knob is only used to set the time/date. The button and dial on the apple watch are integral to its use and they tout using it will not obscure the screen. If you have to turn the dial while on the wirst it would obstruct the screen

You can flip screen on the iPhone??

Yeah. Not on the home screen but most of the apps will adjust as you tilt the phone. I'm sure they have something in mind for lefties.

Then where/how is the card data passed?

It has to be stored somewhere for pay by bonk.

Per description at Apple.com:

With Apple Pay, instead of using your actual credit and debit card numbers when you add your card, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element, a dedicated chip in iPhone. These numbers are never stored on Apple servers. And when you make a purchase, the Device Account Number alongside a transaction-specific dynamic security code is used to process your payment. So your actual credit or debit card numbers are never shared with merchants or transmitted with payment.

Apple doesn’t save your transaction information. With Apple Pay, your payments are private. Apple doesn’t store the details of your transactions so they can’t be tied back to you. Your most recent purchases are kept in Passbook for your convenience, but that’s as far as it goes.

Keep your cards in your wallet. Since you never have to show your credit or debit card, you never reveal your name, card number, or security code to the cashier when you pay in a store. This additional layer of privacy helps ensure that your information stays where it belongs. With you.

Per description at Apple.com:

With Apple Pay, instead of using your actual credit and debit card numbers when you add your card, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element, a dedicated chip in iPhone. These numbers are never stored on Apple servers. And when you make a purchase, the Device Account Number alongside a transaction-specific dynamic security code is used to process your payment. So your actual credit or debit card numbers are never shared with merchants or transmitted with payment.

Apple doesn’t save your transaction information. With Apple Pay, your payments are private. Apple doesn’t store the details of your transactions so they can’t be tied back to you. Your most recent purchases are kept in Passbook for your convenience, but that’s as far as it goes.

Keep your cards in your wallet. Since you never have to show your credit or debit card, you never reveal your name, card number, or security code to the cashier when you pay in a store. This additional layer of privacy helps ensure that your information stays where it belongs. With you.

Like Paypal then?

The watch and phone are integrated together too much for my liking.
I think I did hear him say you could download music to the watch which is pretty cool. If my hearing was right.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Like Paypal then?
No, not exactly. PayPal is essentially a bank: it processes your transactions and keeps your money.
With Apple Pay, Apple doesn't process your transaction and doesn't store your money. All transactions are processed and authorized by your Bank, the issuer of your card directly, the way I understand.

MWC 2015

SoftCard Users Being Told to Download Google Wallet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)