Apple Live Event: iPhone 6, Apple Watch

It seems weird that the base model is still 16GB when $100 more gets you 64GB now instead of 32GB. I think $300 on contract is about the most I'm willing to pay so that comes down to 16GB iPhone 6 Plus or 64GB iPhone 6.

The extra battery on 6 Plus is nice but I like the storage and size much better on the $300 iPhone 6 64GB.

Satisifies their critics talking about the upgrade costs being very steep.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

But why not make the minimum 32GB instead of 16GB if you are going to double everything else? I have had 32GB on the last several iPhones I've owned, skipping a few generations and I don't think I could ever go back to 16GB.

Apple Pay is being introduced (NFC-based)

But why not make the minimum 32GB instead of 16GB if you are going to double everything else? I have had 32GB on the last several iPhones I've owned, skipping a few generations and I don't think I could ever go back to 16GB.

Profit and getting/keeping those who don't have the extra $100 into the ecosystem.

Apple Pay:
When you add a card to Passbook, its number is never stored or shared on your device or Apple servers.
Nice!

Profit and getting/keeping those who don't have the extra $100 into the ecosystem.

I just think it's kind of a slap in the face that the $300 iPhone 6 Plus comes with 16GB. 16GB is not gonna happen on a phone with no upgradeable storage for me. That means paying $400 on contract for a new phone. Again, not gonna happen.

Looks like the $300 64GB iPhone 6 is where I'm ending up.

One more thing!!! - always missed that since Jobs passed away...

I just think it's kind of a slap in the face that the $300 iPhone 6 Plus comes with 16GB. 16GB is not gonna happen on a phone with no upgradeable storage for me. That means paying $400 on contract for a new phone. Again, not gonna happen.

Looks like the $300 64GB iPhone 6 is where I'm ending up.

Yeah, I think a lot of people will.

I could get on board with the watch depending on pricing. I'm more into the active fitbit/nike fuel style watches though. I don't need all kinds of features, a better activity monitor is what I'm looking for. $200 is about my max there and I suspect they will want more than that.

Some of these options look tough enough to be used as a good activity monitor. That is one thing I was worried about.

Edit: Maybe I'll skip the phone upgrade altogether and stick with my iPhone 5 until the 6S comes out. That would make me more willing to splurge on the watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)