Apple Live Event: iPhone 6, Apple Watch

It seems weird that the base model is still 16GB when $100 more gets you 64GB now instead of 32GB. I think $300 on contract is about the most I'm willing to pay so that comes down to 16GB iPhone 6 Plus or 64GB iPhone 6.

The extra battery on 6 Plus is nice but I like the storage and size much better on the $300 iPhone 6 64GB.

Satisifies their critics talking about the upgrade costs being very steep.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

But why not make the minimum 32GB instead of 16GB if you are going to double everything else? I have had 32GB on the last several iPhones I've owned, skipping a few generations and I don't think I could ever go back to 16GB.

Apple Pay is being introduced (NFC-based)

But why not make the minimum 32GB instead of 16GB if you are going to double everything else? I have had 32GB on the last several iPhones I've owned, skipping a few generations and I don't think I could ever go back to 16GB.

Profit and getting/keeping those who don't have the extra $100 into the ecosystem.

Apple Pay:
When you add a card to Passbook, its number is never stored or shared on your device or Apple servers.
Nice!

Profit and getting/keeping those who don't have the extra $100 into the ecosystem.

I just think it's kind of a slap in the face that the $300 iPhone 6 Plus comes with 16GB. 16GB is not gonna happen on a phone with no upgradeable storage for me. That means paying $400 on contract for a new phone. Again, not gonna happen.

Looks like the $300 64GB iPhone 6 is where I'm ending up.

One more thing!!! - always missed that since Jobs passed away...

I just think it's kind of a slap in the face that the $300 iPhone 6 Plus comes with 16GB. 16GB is not gonna happen on a phone with no upgradeable storage for me. That means paying $400 on contract for a new phone. Again, not gonna happen.

Looks like the $300 64GB iPhone 6 is where I'm ending up.

Yeah, I think a lot of people will.

I could get on board with the watch depending on pricing. I'm more into the active fitbit/nike fuel style watches though. I don't need all kinds of features, a better activity monitor is what I'm looking for. $200 is about my max there and I suspect they will want more than that.

Some of these options look tough enough to be used as a good activity monitor. That is one thing I was worried about.

Edit: Maybe I'll skip the phone upgrade altogether and stick with my iPhone 5 until the 6S comes out. That would make me more willing to splurge on the watch.

MWC 2015

SoftCard Users Being Told to Download Google Wallet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts