Apple Live Event: iPhone 6, Apple Watch

Interesting announcements on the phone s, but they are showing they don't lead anymore.

Iphone 6 resolution I have had for 2 years, iPhone 6+ is a year behind.

Battery life increases are good, but what are the comparative battery capacities? If those are larger the runtime increase is somewhat misleading.

802.11ac, again not leading.

Iterative, not innovative.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The M8 coprocessor continuously measures motion data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
iPhone 6 has a barometer that senses air pressure to measure relative elevation.

WiFi calling is cool. I've been asking for this for a long time. Looks like I won't need my Verizon Network Extender anymore.

iPhone 6 has an 8MP iSight camera, 1.5µ pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture. And an all-new sensor.
Focus Pixels are a technology previously found only in professional DSLR cameras.

iPhone 6 has digital image stabilization. iPhone 6 Plus adds optical image stabilization.

It looks like the 6 Plus has quite a bit more battery life. Depending on pricing that might be enough for me to change my mind on the bigger phone. The 6 is a better size for me but making it through the day with my iPhone 5 battery is always iffy.

Reactions: stimpson
I don't care about any of this camera stuff they hype every year. My iPhone 5 already takes great pictures. I just want to hear about new features and the iWatch at this point. That and pricing.

iPhone 6 has incredible advances in video. Starting with a new Apple-designed video encoder.
Capture slo-mo video at 120 fps or 240 fps. And. That. Is. Really. Slow.

The FaceTime HD camera has an all-new sensor and larger ƒ/2.2 aperture that lets in over 80% more light.

Notifications with third party apps? Wow, that's so android 1.x.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I'm not watching the stream anymore but I'm not sure what they mean by that. Third party apps have had notifications for a long time.

Both iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are available September 19!
Pre-order your iPhone 6 starting September 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)