Are HR20's out of stock?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
I'm just wondering if EVERYONE is out of stock? I ordered from ValueElectronics and I am told not until early October.... (I'm not sure what is meant by that...over the next week???) Anyhow, similar stories anyone???

:(

Yes the first run sold out. VE has had on their site for a while that their next shipment is due the week of 10/9 (next week).

boba said:
Probably still available directly from D* they take care of themselves first.

Don't bet on it. No stock in the Denver area from the DirecTV installer Ironwood, but I was able to get one Tuesday at Circuit City.

It varies city by city...

Some areas still have some (local installers), some are already backordered till November.... Best Buy I think is complete out of stock...

Some people are reporting getting units that where built less then two weeks ago.

My build date was 9/14!

No issues at all so far, but I am still using the 3 LNB dish. I can't get a 5LNB installed untill 10/27.

Oops . Fixed date

Last edited:
I live in no. california (bay area) and was scheduled for install on 10/6. Recieved confirmation call about 10/4 that install would take place between 1-5 on 10/6. I then got a call at about 1245 on 10/6 saying they were canceling install because out of stock. I was livid. Not because they ran out, stuff hapens, but because they knew days before the scheduled install date (person on phone confirmed this) that they didn't have product but didn't call until 15 mins before they were to be there. I called dtv to complain and was told I'd get a $20 credit. Big deal! I don't think I like the way they do business.
Roger

Denver Colorado Metro Area - My neighbor just had an HR-20 installed today by D* (Ironwood) so they must be in stock in this area.

Last edited:
atc89 said:
I just had my HR20 installed yesterday and so far I like it:) but I hate how big the 5LNB Dish is:mad: .

What are the dimensions of the dish itself? (Just the Pringles Potato Chip part)

-Rob

Still waiting for mine, been two weeks and they didn't even call to tell me they were going to cancel!

Then they lied about having 500 units coming in and today they said they were out and they would call me before they send someone out with one.

I called 6 times, got hanged up 3 times, and they credited my account twice for $20 for their problems. Its kinda wrong to wait more than a week at max.

They canceled on me 3 times

I had 3 appointments and direct tek (staten island) New york canceled all 3 the first 2 times they said we will have them next week. And now the third time they said they will put me on a list and call me when they are in stock. So far I Was given the HR20 for $199 and 1 year HD free. Now I got that plus my HBO credited for 6 months 3 months Shotime, Stars, and one of the other ones. I am pretty pissed bucause now im goin away for 6 weeks on bussiness and have to do the install in late november.

bertbarndoor said:
I'm just wondering if EVERYONE is out of stock? I ordered from ValueElectronics and I am told not until early October.... (I'm not sure what is meant by that...over the next week???) Anyhow, similar stories anyone???

:(

Check with your local Costco, they have them in stock (where available) for $269. I just got mine today locally in Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys Costco store.

This beats getting one that needs to be shipped.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts