Are you happy with your PS3?

Satisfied with your PS3?

• Has Sony delivered on promises to update the PS3 to improve the product?

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Have you had any system failures that required you to replace your PS3?

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Do you use your PS3 to only play BD movies?

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Do you use your PS3 to upconvert DVDs and play BD movies?

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Do you use your PS3 to only play games?

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Do you use all of the features of your PS3?

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Did you replace your PS3 with a BD standalone?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did you replace your PS3 with a differant gaming console?

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
I bought mine mainly for movies. We do play a few PS3 exclusive games. ( Ratchet and Clank, MLB the show, and the soon to be released Little Big Planet ) Being able to stream from my Mac using MediaLink is a nice. It'll never replace my 360 as the main gaming console in our house. Sony also needs to do something about the downloads during peak hrs, which is pretty bad.

Sony also needs to do something about the downloads during peak hrs, which is pretty bad.
I find that even during off-peak hours they're not that great. My 360 downloads during peak times seem to be faster than the off-peak times of the PS3.

I can handle the slow dl speeds assuming they get better, what bothers me is i have to install everything. Queue up a half dozen demos to try out some new stuff... come back later and spend 20 more minutes installing them.

I can handle the slow dl speeds assuming they get better, what bothers me is i have to install everything. Queue up a half dozen demos to try out some new stuff... come back later and spend 20 more minutes installing them.

I forgot about this one. Went to play a demo for the 1st time. Download time was bad enough. Had to wait for the install.

I am finally juming in and planning on moving on from my PS2 to PS3 during the holiday season....Though reading a few of the posts it seems that many like the graphics of the Xbox...I am more of a "sports" game person

The Blue-Ray is not a real big plus for me as I am ok with up convert DVD player, so I dont want to change the topic of this thread but am I better of saving a few bucks and getting the XBOX?????

I am finally juming in and planning on moving on from my PS2 to PS3 during the holiday season....Though reading a few of the posts it seems that many like the graphics of the Xbox...I am more of a "sports" game person

The Blue-Ray is not a real big plus for me as I am ok with up convert DVD player, so I dont want to change the topic of this thread but am I better of saving a few bucks and getting the XBOX?????

Which do more of your friends have? PS3 or 360? Online gaming has really come of age with this generation of consoles and should be one of the biggest factors in considering a new purchase, even if you didn't normally do it.

Graphics are more or less a wash. Many big titles come out for both outside of a few exclusives which Sony has said are overrated after losing FF13 (which means they'll likely stop paying for 3rd parties to be exclusive to PS3).

Talk to your friends.

Which do more of your friends have? PS3 or 360? Online gaming has really come of age with this generation of consoles and should be one of the biggest factors in considering a new purchase, even if you didn't normally do it.

Graphics are more or less a wash. Many big titles come out for both outside of a few exclusives which Sony has said are overrated after losing FF13 (which means they'll likely stop paying for 3rd parties to be exclusive to PS3).

Talk to your friends.

One more thing to factor in. 80GB PS3 is $399. 60GB 360 is $299 + $100 for the wireless adapter. You can find it cheaper, but I'd say at least $70.

If Bluray isn't your thing, you should certainly go Xbox360... the controller feels so much better. The online play and downloads are better. I love the 360 and the red ring of death is no longer an issue with the newer models.

One more thing to factor in. 80GB PS3 is $399. 60GB 360 is $299 + $100 for the wireless adapter. You can find it cheaper, but I'd say at least $70.

Rather than buying a wireless adapter for each device (in my house my wireless router is in my office and I have an Xbox360, Slingbox, wii, and desktop PC, all in another room), I suggest buying a wireless bridge as opposed to wireless adapters for the various devices. One wireless bridge communicates with the wireless router and EVERYTHING in that other room has net access. Makes more sense and is far cheaper. Buffalo makes a really good model, but I haven't seen it in stores. I ordered mine off Amazon I believe.

Rather than buying a wireless adapter for each device (in my house my wireless router is in my office and I have an Xbox360, Slingbox, wii, and desktop PC, all in another room), I suggest buying a wireless bridge as opposed to wireless adapters for the various devices. One wireless bridge communicates with the wireless router and EVERYTHING in that other room has net access. Makes more sense and is far cheaper. Buffalo makes a really good model, but I haven't seen it in stores. I ordered mine off Amazon I believe.

This. If you even need wireless.

I have both systems, I enjoy my PS3 for exclusive games and media/movies/friends.
I have a fair amount of buddies on the PS3, some on the 360...
CoD4 was a no brainer for me, I have friends that I play with on the PS3....
Madden 08 and 09, I have buddies that I play on it all the times on the 360.

Different games, different experiences.
For me it all comes down to friends that I know well.

I only use mine to watch DVD's and BR movies.

For games I use the XBOX360. For me playing on the PS3 feels wierd like I am playing on a console that is unfinished. The gaming experiance on the PS3 makes me feel lonely and alone.

I couldnt agree more. I have Gamefly and started renting PS3 games and went back to XBox 360 after 4. I can not stand the game controller. I still struggle a bit with the XBox 360 since I dont game much but I really dont like the PS3 on any level. The menu navigation is weird, clunky and not intuitive at all. The controller is just awful. The graphics may be fine but I cant even get there or past the controller.

I am not trying to start another war but I have both and I truely wish BluRay was in the Xbox so I could watch BR movies and simplify my consoles.

This. If you even need wireless.

Right, right, but many houses are a pain to run Ethernet from room to room. Wiring can be done fairly cheap, for as little as $75 a drop by a professional, but as a computer person dealing with residential homes, I have seen some situations where you just don't want to go there and wireless is your best option.

And yeah, if it is in the same room, you wouldn't need wireless.

My 80GB PS3 died after about 5 months (red light flashed but system would not
turn on) Sent it in to Sony and they replaced it within 14 days. New one seems
to be fine after about 4 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)