Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 15

I just went through a pre-Order on a 15 Pro Max in Native Titanium with 256 GB storage and was given a mid--November delivery date. Sounds like if you haven't got your order in by now then it will be awhile...

I am not planning on upgrading for at least another year or two. Also, I have a pre-paid cellular calling plan, and the pre-orders assume one of the Big 3 carrier plans.
I figured it would be first come first served on the ProMax which is why I was ready at 8AM EDT. No more decisions or second guessing, just push through the gauntlet of Q&A and verifications. Also, I ordered the 512GB because I figured, unlike the 11ProMax, with these higher mode videos I may be retiring my GoPros and gimbals and even my 3D cameras(maybe) for hobby shooting and need the added internal storage. I will still use my GoPros for recording my FSD beta test drives. I even debated the 1TB but couldn't justify it considering the new high speed transfer to an M.2 NVME storage. I wonder how many Pro Max buyers will opt for additional storage?

Reactions: Foxbat
There was a rumor not long ago about the ProMax being delayed a couple weeks. Don’t recall the reasoning. Should’t be the A17 Pro chip though as my Pro will be here next week.
I had bad info on the Pro version. It does have the A17 chip. The difference is size and zoom of the cameras.

Ordered black titanium Pro Max this morning. It should be here next Friday.

IMG_2118.jpeg

I was told black and blue are available for next week, the other two colors are delayed.

Ordered black titanium Pro Max this morning. It should be here next Friday.

View attachment 165160

I was told black and blue are available for next week, the other two colors are delayed.
sh*t!

And I was debating on blue but figured the colors would be delayed and natural Titanium would be the easiest to stock up on. Oh well, nice you can run point for us stragglers. :D

SOOOO- What can we expect in the iPhone 16?

:D
You should start a new thread.

I was considering not getting the Ultra 2 because I really want an AW with Facetime camera but there are no rumors of that in the near future. Glucose monitor is the next big deal for AW and I don't need that.

Then I heard that Apple is planning to completely redesign the AW with new band connections, and smart bands for BP and Glucose monitor. Don't need either

Reactions: navychop
I did my Pre-Order for the Pro Max in Natural Titanium through Verizon this morning and ended up with an October 6th estimated date. The monthly installment plan was only $33/month, and we do have my wife's old iPhone 8 sitting around that I might send in for Trade in Bill Credits to offset some of that as well.

I'm OK with the delay though. I ordered a protective case from Supcase that hasn't shipped yet anyway, so I won't activate it until they're both here anyway. I've been on the 6S Plus for 8 years now, so this is going to be a big upgrade for me.

The Verizon has a complicated trade in plan but overall is better deal than from Apple. They also spread the payments out over 36 months but still 0% interest. No cash back discount for Verizon deal only when you pay by Apple Card through Apple.

On my trade in for the 11 Pro Max, Verizon offered $400 off for cash up front and on 36 months, $275 up front and then $525 as I recall spread over 36 months.

Can you keep your current Verizon service plan or will they switch you to some more expensive plan? I didn't get that far on my research.

Can you keep your current Verizon service plan or will they switch you to some more expensive plan? I didn't get that far on my research.
It depends on your plan. You have to be on one of the Mid or Higher Tier Unlimited 5G plans to get the best deals. The lowest level 5G plans don't get much, nor do the older metered plans.

The lowest level 5G plans don't get much, nor do the older metered plans.
That's what I saw. One reason to remain with Apple Card monthly deal for me was Apple said Verizon will not force a plan change. I do have one of the earlier plans because I rarely use much 5G or LTE except when traveling. My wife travels a couple days a week to my daughter's house but she uses their wifi when there.
Last year I saw my metered bill go up by $15 when we went on a road trip for a week.

That's what I saw. One reason to remain with Apple Card monthly deal for me was Apple said Verizon will not force a plan change. I do have one of the earlier plans because I rarely use much 5G or LTE except when traveling. My wife travels a couple days a week to my daughter's house but she uses their wifi when there.
Last year I saw my metered bill go up by $15 when we went on a road trip for a week.

Apple must have some really odd criteria for their card. I applied and was denied. Makes no sense, I literally have a 780 credit score. Who do they give these things too?

Last edited:
Apple must have some really odd criteria for their card. I applied and was denied. Makes no sense, I literally have a 780 credit score. Who do they give these things too?
There was a rumor a short while back that GS was not going to open new accounts because they are losing so much money on their contract with Apple. They are trying to sell the business to American Express which may be unacceptable to Apple. I've had the card since they started it.

There was a rumor a short while back that GS was not going to open new accounts because they are losing so much money on their contract with Apple. They are trying to sell the business to American Express which may be unacceptable to Apple. I've had the card since they started it.
That makes sense. I honestly don't know what GS was thinking in the first place though. It's always been said that the Apple Card had really high approval criteria versus other cards. If you're only approving the best group of consumers and they're using the card to buy products that cost $1k-$3k or more on average it wasn't really very smart for them to assume that most of the customers were going to ultimately carry balances past the "free interest" stage.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheForce