Are you Ready for Directv's new HD Channels in September?

Are you ready for Directv's new HD Channels launching in September?

• Yes. I have a 5 LNB dish, B-Band Converters, and MPEG4 receiver (H20, HR20)

Votes: 664 81.9%
  • I plan on upgrading my Dish and/or Receiver in the next month or two

Votes: 66 8.1%
  • I am keeping my existing HD equipment and no plans to upgrade

Votes: 25 3.1%
  • I might upgrade next year

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Do not subscribe to HD and/or no plans

Votes: 30 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
Just curious to see how many folks out there are ready and/or your plans for the new HD channels starting in September.

For follks that are not aware, your Directv dish needs to be either the Slimline or AT9 5 LNB, B-Band Converters attached to the back of your receivers and your receivers need to be either H20 HD receiver or the HR20 HD DVR. The new HD channels will be at a new location on satellite D10 which can only been seen with a 5 LNB dish. In addition, the channels will be in the MPEG4 format which only the H20 and HR20 can process. If you do not meet the qualifications, you might want to call Directv now and plan an upgrade. If you do not, you will miss out on all the new HD channels planned this Fall.

Is this the promise of the 150 HD channels, the 100 HD channels, the 50 HD channels, or the 10 HD channels, or is it just the additional NFL HD channels we get each year? I saw so many "we're gonna have" commercials, this past year I lost track. But, I'm sure none of them will be visible on my HDTIVO. I'll just stick to E* as my HD provider for awhile. Thats why I said maybe next year.

Ready and looking forward to seeing something besides my locals and the ESPN's in HD. I say that because i don't watch the other HD offerings in the plan. MAybe sith some of the more mainstream channels (well, mainstream for me) I will get some more programming that I like to watch. Be nice to see the last season of Battlestar in HD during the season. For me it's always been about the locals and sports like tonight, My Phils in HD on 731!!

Sitting on the fence right now... Upgrade to either receiver free, voted within 2 months but thats conditional on what programming shows up in Sept... Only thing I gain right now is duplicated HD locals without CBS (get these from other provider)

I am ready and looking forward to having National Geographic back. I have only been away from Dish for a day and already miss that channel. I sure hope that I am not disappointed on in September. I would even be OK if it was 9 days past the 15th as it would make a great birthday present. :D I also would not be hurt if they had everything operational early.

Dish rocks. Aug 15th, new HD channels for sure. No unkept promises. Feel sorry for all the D customers kepping their hope up. Switch to E* now and enjoy HD.

Been ready for nearly a year.

Looking forward very much to:
Red Wings in HD (woot!)
11 HBO/Cinemax in HD
5 Starz in HD
Discovery HD simulcast (Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters I'm looking at you!)
SciFi HD
FoodTV HD
HGTV HD

With just those I'll be up to about 98% of all shows I watch in HD. The other 50+ channels are just gravy.

Dish rocks. Aug 15th, new HD channels for sure. No unkept promises. Feel sorry for all the D customers kepping their hope up. Switch to E* now and enjoy HD.

Well spoken Mr. Ergen!:)

All systems go here. Once Starz HD is up, I'll probably drop Blockbuster Online. They tend to have the best family movie lineup, but I refuse to watch any movie in SD.

Just do us one solid please - post back here the end of september if you would.

Thanks in advance.
:hungry:

Well said!

But seriously, I would wait and see what Directv is going to do before I run out and buy any Directv equipment and consider subscribing.

And then the question is what HD channels is DISH Network going to add to match what Directv is offering, if for some reason they happen to have more HD channels than Dish on September 15th.

But its been what, 3 years Directv has been talking about adding 100 HD channels, where as Dish just continues to add them!

Not trying to say that Dish is better, but I wish they would just add these HD channels so we get this over with and cut all the hype!

I think DirecTV will make good on their promise by the end of the yer and possibly PASS Dish Networks HD offerings, however I dont expect charlie to sit on his hands and watch.

This is good for all with HDTVs! :D

With no YES network, Dish sucks, IMHO.

Just curious why a thread titled "Are you Ready for Directv's new HD Channels in September?" turns into a comparison between Directv and Dish? It seems like every other thread gets hijacked into this type of discussion.

Because they are afraid and feel the need to change and twist the subject. Where are all these broken promises they constantly refer to? Why is it they constantly want to play up there few crap channels Dish has over DirecTV, BUT never want to hear about the many DirecTV has over them. I am sick of all their crap, just get over it and move on, clam up for God's sake if you can't add anything remotely productive or honest. You all really sound like a bunch of sniveling little children.

Last edited:

Sorry,
I want my sports in HD
Thank you ...

NFL, NHL, MLB
How's E*'s MLB baseball package coming along, 2/3rds of the season over ..
Do they have it yet ???

I'll keep my D* Thank you ,

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)