Are you Ready for Directv's new HD Channels in September?

Are you ready for Directv's new HD Channels launching in September?

• Yes. I have a 5 LNB dish, B-Band Converters, and MPEG4 receiver (H20, HR20)

Votes: 664 81.9%
  • I plan on upgrading my Dish and/or Receiver in the next month or two

Votes: 66 8.1%
  • I am keeping my existing HD equipment and no plans to upgrade

Votes: 25 3.1%
  • I might upgrade next year

Votes: 26 3.2%
  • Do not subscribe to HD and/or no plans

Votes: 30 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HD Channels in Guide

I don't if this means anything or not but....

I use Excite as my homepage. My T.V. listings are now showing the following that were not there yesterday:

265 AETVHD
269 HistoryHD
332 MtvHD
518 StarzK
519 StarzC
540 SHOWHDP
544 TMCHD

Of course 265, 269, 540 and 544 were there, but not with the HDs.

What do you think? Worth knowing?

Satellite 103b is hot. All channels are on with high signal levels. Probably for NFL today.

Satellite 103b is hot. All channels are on with high signal levels. Probably for NFL today.

Why do you say that they're probably for the NFL today? D* has said all you need is MPEG2 hardware for NFL ST this year.

I just signed up with D* last night (after calling twice to change my order because the original CSR promised me something they couldnt do, hopefully that is taken care of sigh....) they mentioned that I would recieve 6 additional HD stations free for 3 months because of the goofed up launch date. Now of course all I need to do is get it installed and confirm I dont have line of site issues.

I just signed up with D* last night (after calling twice to change my order because the original CSR promised me something they couldnt do, hopefully that is taken care of sigh....) they mentioned that I would recieve 6 additional HD stations free for 3 months because of the goofed up launch date. Now of course all I need to do is get it installed and confirm I dont have line of site issues.

I'm guessing those 6 "additional" stations you're getting free are the four that everyone used to get as part of the $9.99 fee and are now part of a separate package: HDNet, HDNet Movies, UHD, Discovery HD Theater.. and the two new ones, MGM HD (not yet launched) and Smithsonian HD.

Couple of things - first, if you didn't know - DISH just did this same thing with VOOM - they moved it on to MPEG4 and notified the subs that were getting it that they had to change to new receivers - so do't be sup[rised if DirecTV does it also, because it makes sense.

Second - they most likely WILL put all of the current HD offering onto MPEG4 right away (and mirror the MPEG2 channel). They are in fact going to migrate the remaining MPEG2 HD subs over to tyhe new platform.

ScoBuck, you were so sure the mirroring of the existing MPEG2 channel onto the MPEG4 platform, what happened?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)