Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I'm having an interesting problem. My ASC1 always displays LNB Short Circuit when turning the unit on, and it doesnt matter if the LNB is connected or not. I am running two LNB's one for C and one for KU. Both are on a 2:1 Diseq switch. Connected this way... AZBOX -- ASC1 -- Diseq switch -- LNBF's at the dish.

When I have my ASC1 connected, my AZ box will not display any signal what so ever. I bypassed the switch and asc1 tuner. No problem with signal on the azbox when bypassed.

Readded the switch... No issue.

Re addeed the ASC1... No signal. Nothing displayed and no voltages coming out of the ASC1.
I am thinking that this unit may need an RMA, but wanted to see if there is anything else that I can try before sending this back for an RMA.

I'm having an interesting problem. My ASC1 always displays LNB Short Circuit when turning the unit on, and it doesnt matter if the LNB is connected or not. I am running two LNB's one for C and one for KU. Both are on a 2:1 Diseq switch. Connected this way... AZBOX -- ASC1 -- Diseq switch -- LNBF's at the dish.

When I have my ASC1 connected, my AZ box will not display any signal what so ever. I bypassed the switch and asc1 tuner. No problem with signal on the azbox when bypassed.

Readded the switch... No issue.

Re addeed the ASC1... No signal. Nothing displayed and no voltages coming out of the ASC1.
I am thinking that this unit may need an RMA, but wanted to see if there is anything else that I can try before sending this back for an RMA.

Have you tried swapping a different DiseqC switch or 22 khz switch?
Mine is set 18/13; but I had an Amiko 4-port that didn't work in line with the ASC-1. I swapped in an Amiko 8-port and everything works fine.

I've got this switch setup currently:
RS-1933--->ASC-1--->Ecoda 22khz----off-->Amiko 8-port---> 4 (currently) C and Ku lnbfs
____________________________\-----on-->Invacom Ku universal (across yard from other dishes)

Last edited:
You are correct, I think apart of the issue may be the switch I had in line. I later discovered on the Amiko 2 port switch, port 1 decided it didnt want to work. I threw an old Diseq 1.0 switch and it works now (The switch). I haven't thrown the ASC 1 back in line, but I will give that a shot. I also just may order an ecoda 22khz switch and just swap the LNB's that way.

Switches are a dime a dozen so if it turns out to be a switch issue, then that's a lot better than having to RMA the ASC1.

Short Circuit / Over Current: The LNBs are exceeding 600mA during start-up, so the ASC1 is warning you that the 500mA amperage current is being exceeded. As long as the message goes away in a few seconds, there will be no issues. If the short circuit message displays more than 5 seconds, the over current protection will cut the power to the LNB.

My ASC1 shows short circuit for a second or s as well when it starts up using LNBs. As Ti says the warning goes away and the system works and the screen goes back to normal.
Wonder if you are running PLL LNBs? They take more power... Mine are DROs.

I use a 8 port Amiko DISEqC switch like Jason S does, I had cheapo switches and they had issues, not just with the ASC1. The Amiko switch has been great for probably a year now.

I think I have this all fixed now. One thing I also noticed is that it matters where in the food chain the ASC 1 is. Put it directly behind the receiver, and not behind any switches or diplexers. That helps quite a bit. :)

My ASC1 shows short circuit for a second or s as well when it starts up using LNBs. As Ti says the warning goes away and the system works and the screen goes back to normal.

Yes I am running Norsat PLL LNB's. They are working well so far. I am sending 18V to them from the ASC1 (Fixed)

It's because the ASC-1 is a piece of junk. I had one and it broke 2 months after the warranty expired. Never again!.

I wouldn't call it junk. My issues were because of improper setup, once I realized what was going on all is working properly. Having a failed switch inline didn't help either. Now that all of that is taken care of, all is good.

Cool. Mine goes away after a few seconds as well. So then it's nothing wrong with the ASC 1 and that's an expected normal operation.

Cool. Mine goes away after a few seconds as well. So then it's nothing wrong with the ASC 1 and that's an expected normal operation.

I'll get that message for a few seconds whenever I have powered down the ASC-1 and power it back up. Good to hear you're up and going now.

Overall, I've been quite happy with my ASC-1. I have had no problems, except for a short time when the ASC-1 was located where small children could push the buttons (especially the remote lockout). Now that I've put the actuator controller out of reach, it's worked flawlessly. During initial install, I had a question and Titanium (Brian) was readily available, friendly and helpful.

Reactions: Titanium
It's because the ASC-1 is a piece of junk. I had one and it broke 2 months after the warranty expired. Never again!.

RSSMITHWI, what a bizarre comment...

Absolutely NEVER have been contacted by anyone for technical support or warranty question who has an ASC1 that is out of warranty. Since the ASC1 has only been out for a little over a year (15 months), I would gladly bench test and repair or replace anything that is the result of a product defect. That's how things work around here!

I give you permission to post any communication with Titanium Satellite which indicates that we refused support, warranty service or indicated your ASC1 was out of warranty. Never happened. We take customer service very seriously!

I'll get that message for a few seconds whenever I have powered down the ASC-1 and power it back up. Good to hear you're up and going now.

Overall, I've been quite happy with my ASC-1. I have had no problems, except for a short time when the ASC-1 was located where small children could push the buttons (especially the remote lockout). Now that I've put the actuator controller out of reach, it's worked flawlessly. During initial install, I had a question and Titanium (Brian) was readily available, friendly and helpful.

Same here. I am super excited about the ASC1 as It does what I need it to do and it does it well. I have never had any issues and have had nothing but exceptional support from Brian and his staff. In fact more often than not I would buy from him first. I am very happy with it and haven't looked back. Fortunately, I know that even the best electronics can suffer from issues as nobody makes a 100 percent perfect product. Having worked in this industry, even the best LNB's fail, and over time nothing is guaranteed. Some failure is to be expected so when things didn't work out initially, I knew enough not to get angry. Stuff breaks it happens. The key is good troubleshooting and a DOH! moment! In the battle I made some wrong connections and circled back and fixed my mistake. I dont get why RSSMITHWI's comments as they are not inline with my experiences.

I have a ASC1, a C1WPLL, a C1PLL and a Amiko switch from Titanium, probably a few other things that I've forgotten about too. I've always had the best customer support from Brian, you couldn't ask for better. Hell, on here, he'll help you with any troubles with his products and even help you out with things that aren't his products! Talk about stellar customer service! :clapping

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)