AT&T To Buy DIRECTV for $67 Billion

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since I have both Directv & ATT 6.0 Fast DSL anyway,I see no problem with this merger. I wonder if the new name will be AT&T Directv,just like AT&T U-Verse? Also,since HOPFULLY I have finally been able to bundle my DSL internet service with Directv,I wonder when I'll to get a single bill for both instead of two separate bills?

Exactly what I have.

All AT&T customers will get Directv advertising in their bills with bundle offers all on the same bill while Directv customers will be AT&T advertising in their bills with bundle offers. They would be able to better do bundles nationwide by having Directv. They could offer the internet via satellite or phone as part of the triple play bundle. AT&T along with Verizon wants to go more wireless than wired. Its cheaper for the mass market.

In the meantime Verizon may want to get Dish Network, which Verizon is larger than AT&T. It's still not out of the question for Sprint and Dish to merge or become real strategic partners. I feel that Charlie has something up his sleeve that he has not said yet.

I wonder if AT&T will convert UVERSE over to DIRECTV Select. Offering a majority of Directv offers without the need for a dish?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I wonder if AT&T will convert UVERSE over to DIRECTV Select. Offering a majority of Directv offers without the need for a dish?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thats an interesting idea ...

Also, they could very easily add more programming packages and make some the same as D* has or vise versa.

yesterday i had 5 options for a pay tv provider, now i will be down to 4, and i'm supposed to believe this is a good thing? they stopped the cell phone merger, and i hope like hell they stop this one and the comcast/time warner merger. fewer options is never good for the consumer, we will all be paying the price for these mergers soon enough.

yesterday i had 5 options for a pay tv provider, now i will be down to 4, and i'm supposed to believe this is a good thing? they stopped the cell phone merger, and i hope like hell they stop this one and the comcast/time warner merger. fewer options is never good for the consumer, we will all be paying the price for these mergers soon enough.

Interesting....

Where I live I have Cablevision or D*/DISH as options for TV.
For Internet I have Cablevision or phone company (frontier) .

How are you any worse off than the rest of us ?

To be honest, I wouldnt expect many changes if this does go thru. Att is running thier side of it and I would imagine they will still have D* people running that side of things.

I think if it is approved and everything is said and done it'll be the same as GM. you have GM then you have GMC, Buick, Chevy, Caddy, etc. They Are their own companies but everything files through the same building at the end if the day

I think if it is approved and everything is said and done it'll be the same as GM. you have GM then you have GMC, Buick, Chevy, Caddy, etc. They Are their own companies but everything files through the same building at the end if the day

Thats my thinking too ...

I don't see them giving me order to place a dish or do a D* repair ... I wouldn't mind it, but I don't see that happening.

ATT already has thier own separate dept running the Uverse TV side of things, I go out to repair a line for the Uverse guys, but I don't do any of the inside work , thats thier side of the company, they are basically a separate company inside the att umbrella.

I'm expecting the D* portion to be the same.

So, it's Sunday, has anyone heard anything about them making it official today yet ?

Nothing as of 1pm eastern, WSJ just says boards are meeting today, no time table. I bet it will be all over the news wires once it happens.

I completely agree with you,pretty soon we will one choice for tv,one choice,for phone,once choice for banking etc.Then they can charge whatever they want,there will be no alternatives.

I already bundle Directv, wireless and DSL. This is no biggie for me.
Scott does bring up a good thought.
I wonder how negotiations will be with networks?

I completely agree with you,pretty soon we will one choice for tv,one choice,for phone,once choice for banking etc.Then they can charge whatever they want,there will be no alternatives.

Back when we HAD phones, we only HAD 1 choice to begin with.

Teh majority of cities only have 1 cable company serving them, this is no different, actually it's better than it use to be.

Let's see what the FCC says, let's not get our panties in a bunch just yet(horrible image btw :) Even if they announce it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back when we HAD phones, we only HAD 1 choice to begin with.

Teh majority of cities only have 1 cable company serving them, this is no different, actually it's better than it use to be.

Yea and how did that work Jimbo?Not so freaking well imo.That was the very reason Ronald Reagan broke up ma bell.They had all the customers by the nads.Do you honestly want it to go back to that?

Better yet do you only want one choice,one price,for virtually everything we buy,or use?People need to wake up,these mergers only benefit the companies that are making them.The larger these companies become,the more clout they gain.That is a very bad thing for all of us.

At this point, there is no reason to assume this merger will lessen your choices. Both companies may remain the same on the surface.

Well looks to be official now... USA Today and Bloomberg are reporting its a done deal. AT&T is paying $95 a share for DIRECTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.