AT&T To KEEP the DIRECTV Name

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I sort of like American Telephone and Telegraph exploiting its 19th century name with 21st century technology, kind of makes them relevant once again.

Are they keeping the name now? The thread subject changed but am I missing a link to the news article / press release from AT&T stating this?

Are they keeping the name now? The thread subject changed but am I missing a link to the news article / press release from AT&T stating this?
I think its speculation at this point, they have not came out and made an announcement one way or the other that I know of.

The name change was initially reported by DSLReports, so there was little to no doubt that there wasn't actually going to be one. Whatever DSLReports reports, the opposite is usually true. No press release needed, the lack of credibility and personal agenda of that site speaks for itself.

It was reported by more than just dslreports. They picked the story up from another site I thought.

I just know this thread title changed, and thought maybe Scott learned of something at CES about the name staying the same. Since he is admin he would have rights to change the thread title.

I believe the Thread Title was changed because the original Title screamed that ATT was changing the name, which so far has Not happened or been announced anything officially.

I wonder if they wont announce the name until the two platforms are merged and they launch the new all new platform with an all new guide?

The name change was initially reported by DSLReports, so there was little to no doubt that there wasn't actually going to be one. Whatever DSLReports reports, the opposite is usually true. No press release needed, the lack of credibility and personal agenda of that site speaks for itself.

DSLREPORTS picked up story from another site. They were not the originator of the story. Not sure what your hatred for that site is.

Close ....
The should stick with what it is ...
ATT Directv
ATT UVerse TV
Didn't they say they wanted one brand? Doesn't that mean one name? If they have the same guide, channels, channel numbers, and same boxes shouldn't it be one name? Unless you should have two names to separate DTV and IPTV?

Didn't they say they wanted one brand? Doesn't that mean one name? If they have the same guide, channels, channel numbers, and same boxes shouldn't it be one name? Unless you should have two names to separate DTV and IPTV?
The two are entirely different formats, they should have different names ... at least I would think.

The two are entirely different formats, they should have different names ... at least I would think.
I hate to be repeating myself since I did this in another thread but what if DTV customers also get IPTV for free then would they still need two names?

I hate to be repeating myself since I did this in another thread but what if DTV customers also get IPTV for free then would they still need two names?
I'm not sure, but I think i remember hearing you can have one or the other ....
As in you can have D* or UVerse TV.

Sorry I should have added using UVerseTV for DTV rain fade backup.
Good point, I lost track of the conversation somewhere ...
I think the deal of not having both was for discount use.

However, like others have said, theres only select areas that that would actually work, seeing Uverse TV is only available in certain areas, its not gonna work for most.

Good point, I lost track of the conversation somewhere ...
I think the deal of not having both was for discount use.

However, like others have said, theres only select areas that that would actually work, seeing Uverse TV is only available in certain areas, its not gonna work for most.
I guess another way of looking at it is AT&T DTV, UVerseTV, UVerse Internet and UVerse Phone would all fall under the AT&T Entertainment umbrella? Kind of like how a car company has different divisions. However in some of the articles about the name they suggested AT&T eventually phasing out both the DTV and UVerseTV names unless they were just speculating on that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)