AT9 installation nightmare !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didn't say it was aceptable hell I saw from the 1st picture what he did. I didn't even say it was right, I said he forgot the screws and from the last picture he uses the wrong LNB(110/119) lnb arm. Good luck getting anybody from Mastec local office to come. They don't give a SH@#@

grydlok said:
I didn't say it was aceptable hell I saw from the 1st picture what he did. I didn't even say it was right, I said he forgot the screws and from the last picture he uses the wrong LNB(110/119) lnb arm. Good luck getting anybody from Mastec local office to come. They don't give a SH@#@

I agree on mastec not caring. Directv is/was concerned about this and assured me that it will be taken care of ( the CSR couldnt believe it was left like that and even tried to call
Mastec but of course he couldnt get through to them )). They told me the district manager will be contacting me about this. ( i hope that takes care of it, but i think I'll have to call D back ) and that he will definitely "fix" this, but we'll see:confused: Personally I think the installer didnt know what he was doing, I dont know how long it takes to install the dish but it took him two hours, and I already had the pole ready. :up I never had a problem with D and think this will be resolved.

They won't send a manager just another tech, the best thing for you to do is Keep calling, or call this number 8778921488, you will get somebody

lol, that's funny as hell...sorry dude
but yet they don't won't us installing our own equipment....lol
I do all my own installs no mater what it is

rkr0923 said:
lol, that's funny as hell...sorry dude
but yet they don't won't us installing our own equipment....lol
I do all my own installs no mater what it is

"They" are DirecTV and Dish Network, the idiot that did that to him was not the DBS provider, but the lazy ass hired hand employee from a sub-contractor. Now I can see why they want a contractor to do the installs, because for every one bad install the contractor has, I bet there is at least 3-5 that are bad because of a consumer flub; but that being said they need more control over the contractors they allow or approve.

Last edited:
funny for you, not for me. They have been out 4 times and now ill have to sit home for a 5th time... hopefully they will get it right. they told me a district manager would call me within 24 hours but its been over 48 hrs. directv told me the d. manager would probally even call that Friday night :mad:

I'm still waiting for the "district" manager to call me. Directv cant get them to call either. So they just gave up and scheduled a senior installer to come out monday A.M. to replace the dish. I dont know why directv is just giving up on getting the district manager to solve this but they told me they put on the work order to not have the same installer come out again ??? Oh well !!!

Well if it happens again, mention to the contract company that you are prepared to call your local state Attorney General.

johnml said:
I'm still waiting for the "district" manager to call me. Directv cant get them to call either. So they just gave up and scheduled a senior installer to come out monday A.M. to replace the dish. I dont know why directv is just giving up on getting the district manager to solve this but they told me they put on the work order to not have the same installer come out again ??? Oh well !!!

If DirecTV and Dish wants to be truly an alternative to cable for everyone then they need to have a group of installers that a pros and paid like they are with medical etc... They also need to ensure that when someone calls them for service everything possible will be done to install the service not some 18 year old kid showing up and saying sorry and splitting. You got unbelievable bad install and I hope you are able to get it done right and quickly.

johnml said:
I had a AT9 installed a few weeks ago along with a Directv supplied OTA antenna. The OTA antenna wasn't getting all the networks, so Directv gave me a credit to buy a new correct antenna. When i was installing the new antenna I noticed that my new AT9 dish's LNB's are connected to the arm that holds them with tie-wraps ??? It looks like the arm connects to the LNB's, thru some sort of bracket. Well the bracket looks bent so they just used tie wraps. This isn't noticeable from the ground since my dish is mounted on a pole about 14'. I called Directv and told them of this unacceptable installation and they are supposed to have the area manager for the local installer ( Mastec ) straighten this out. I told Directv since i recommited for 2 years that i want it installed right, as this "setup" obviously wont last...:eureka

Well the new " senior " installer showed up this AM to replace the AT9. He told me the original installer had the wrong arm on the dish - that's why he used tie wraps. When he first arrived, he thought that he probally just had to put screws in, but upon closer inspection he realized he had to replace the dish. He had the new dish up in under 10 minutes while the original installer took over 2 hours. Plus - the original had 2 AT9's in my yard and he still couldn't get it right - It took 3 AT9 dishes to finally get it right - Finally I'm a happy camper...:bow

Attachments

• sat lnb 001.jpg
    sat lnb 001.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 94
  • sat lnb 002.jpg
    sat lnb 002.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 110
  • sat lnb 003 (2).jpg
    sat lnb 003 (2).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 75
  • sat lnb 004.jpg
    sat lnb 004.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 102
  • sat lnb 005.jpg
    sat lnb 005.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
johnml said:
Well the new " senior " installer showed up this AM to replace the AT9. He told me the original installer had the wrong arm on the dish - that's why he used tie wraps. When he first arrived, he thought that he probally just had to put screws in, but upon closer inspection he realized he had to replace the dish. He had the new dish up in under 10 minutes while the original installer took over 2 hours. Plus - the original had 2 AT9's in my yard and he still couldn't get it right - It took 3 AT9 dishes to finally get it right - Finally I'm a happy camper...:bow

That's the big difference in installers. Some are pros and in general nice people other don't know what they are doing and probably have one foot in prison. There needs to be a certification process like any other true profession. I'm glad things worked out for you. I'm stuck in installer hell because of the situation of this area. I will wait like my friend told me until the 5 lnb dish becomes necessary.

Anybody know if the AT9 is more sensitive to rain fade than the 3LNB dish ? I hardly ever lost my signal before I switched to the AT9. I loose the signal everytime it rains, I know it's normal, but I rarely lost it with a 3LNB. :confused:

charper1 said:
Less susceptible when peaked correctly.

man my God, every word outta your mouth is in defense of D*...........no matter what it is, according to you, they can do no wrong. wake up and smell the coffee for when you get right down to it.........they suck! and I've been with them for 9 yrs because I really have no other options but they still Suck! they could be doing a whole lot better if they wanted to......with everything discussed here, from programming to installs to equipment..........but I guess if your on the payroll you have to say good things uh.

As an experienced structual engineer, I'd have to tell you that I am concerned over the strength of the pole's attachment to the end rafter board. It appears to be only on 3/4" thick wood and only with one through bolt. This, apparently, is not even a structual rafter, but decorative board held on with nails. The attachment is apparently a piple hanger meant only to hold a pipe to a wall and NOT a structual fastener.

The AT9 has a large sail area and will exert a lot of pressure on the 3/4 inch board. This appears to be an accident waiting to happen.

This said, a square frame, quite easily made form two inch slotted or regular angle iron available from Home Depot or Lowes, should be made tying the thin board to the rafter right under the stucco. At least three 3/8 inch diameter lag screws should go through the stucco onto the rafter. If the area is accessable in the attic, it should be through bolted.

The outboard section of the frame should be bolted to the 3/4" thick board with 2x4 sandwiched over the inside of the angle.

If your refering to my setup, It is attached to the a roof rafter behind the fascia board with a 3" lag on top. The bottom is bolted through the fascia board and then a 2x4 behind the fascia board to give it more area to hold it. the pole is in the ground 3 feet (with rebae going through the pole and set in concrete) with 180lbs of concrete. also the dish mount is tapped and bolted to the pole.

rkr0923 said:
man my God, every word outta your mouth is in defense of D*...........no matter what it is, according to you, they can do no wrong. wake up and smell the coffee for when you get right down to it.........they suck! and I've been with them for 9 yrs because I really have no other options but they still Suck! they could be doing a whole lot better if they wanted to......with everything discussed here, from programming to installs to equipment..........but I guess if your on the payroll you have to say good things uh.

HAHAHA, LOL! OK had to stop laughing. Let me do like you and TOTALLY ignore the question and topic and post about your credibility or the LACK OF...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=503278#post503278

On March 6th of 2006 (just about 4 mos ago) you said....

rkr0923 said:
same here....been with D* for 7 years, bought ALL my equipment from retailers (not D*) installed ALL my equipment myself, never had a problem of anykind, D* has never been to my house. I will Never pay a "lease" fee.....D* keep up your BS, will drop you in a heartbeat

You have nothing but negative things to say that add or answer NOTHING. Regardless of what I think about DirecTV compared to you (I am in no way paid by them or work for them) I answered the question the OP asked; nothing more, nothing less. But we see how you are willing to change YOUR story to fit whatever the thread is.

You say you stay because you have no option; BS! Throw up some rabbit ears of get into a DVD rental program; and I bet if you post your address we can find you a cable company to go to. But anyway, its typical of you to resort to personal attacks as opposed to just answering the questions, if you have data that the larger dish is actually more susceptible to rain fade, please post it; THAT would have been more productive!

OK, now that that is over we can all go back to being on topic

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Are any Center Ice games in HD on DTV?

Pay to "lease" a DVR?!? And a few other rookie questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts