AT9 installation nightmare !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
johnml said:
If your refering to my setup, It is attached to the a roof rafter behind the fascia board with a 3" lag on top. The bottom is bolted through the fascia board and then a 2x4 behind the fascia board to give it more area to hold it. the pole is in the ground 3 feet (with rebae going through the pole and set in concrete) with 180lbs of concrete. also the dish mount is tapped and bolted to the pole.

One rafter might be enough for it to stay, if there is no dynamic wind load. Remember, you are in South Florida. I'd still tie an extension to the rafter in the main wall.

Your main loading will be at the attachment at the roof. The metal casting of the pipe holding clamp is not strong enough to take even a moderate wing load. Only one SAE Grade 2 bolt with a tensile strength of 80,000 or so PSI will break, if the casing even holds.

the 180 pounds of concrete serves no strengthening function in the mounting system. It is the end of a long lever arm. Very little force is needed to keep it in place. 6 inch burial in the dirt and placement on a brick would easily keep it in place. The roof attacment is the fulcrum in the lever arm. It will take all of the dynamic wind load.

charper1 said:
Less susceptible when peaked correctly.

Anybody know if the AT9 is more sensitive to rain fade than the 3LNB dish ? I hardly ever lost my signal before I switched to the AT9. I loose the signal everytime it rains, I know it's normal, but I rarely lost it with a 3LNB.

Im getting -

Sat 101 - 97% peaking at 100
Sat 119 - 97% peaking at 98
Sat 110 - 96% peaking at 97

I agree I don't think your dish is going to stay.... that entire fascia board is going to get torn off your house....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Are any Center Ice games in HD on DTV?

Pay to "lease" a DVR?!? And a few other rookie questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts