August Update Info

On the Internet part I learned when we first installed 2 HwS and a Joey that these boxes are network "Hogs" and "Disruptors". I knew the only way to get my network back to its "Quiet" "Efficient" self was to isolate each box with Address Reservations based on their MAC Addresses to "lock them in place". This was after they earned they names by continuously hopping all over grabbing different IP addresses. That is what I have done again here. The Media Room box is hard wired to the network and MoCA says things are fine. AND this was never a problem before the U522 update.

View attachment 134887

Off a 42 Switch then a Duo Hub. That part of the install was done by a Field Supervisor and a Field Tech Trainer. That was the way they introduced themselves. During the "install" I was babysitting on the back side of the chimney handing and hold gear so the Trainer could work safer. And I cleaned things up after they were done and once the scheduled installer and his follower showed up and were done. The install was a back office nightmare.

I can easily check and change things. BUT they did connect the wing dish to the 3rd/Input port of the LNB and didn't mask the 129 horn on the 1K2. So when they left and before I closed up the access, I connected it to the 42 switch and capped the 129 horn with the bottom of a pop can. And once again . . . this was not a problem prior to U522. Although there were initial H3 to H3 playback issues that were resolved with recent updates.

View attachment 134888

P.S.
Sorry for the continuous edits. Something is really wrong with the post editor today. Images are being handled differently and my original post was all chopped up with half of it missing.

Antennas direct has the VHF adapter for your OTA antenna if you have the need.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Antennas direct has the VHF adapter for your OTA antenna if you have the need.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Thanks! No need these days. But I can not get OTA Channel 4 Denver. Whereas, I get all others at 100% signal. 4, 0%. Just the one.

Side note: I was one of the first Beta Testers to use the Dual Antenna (it's in its box in the garage). It was given to me by the Owner of the company directly and I was given special direction for its testing. We had very in depth conversations in regard to the fact that not all stations, especially NBC and ABC affiliates across the country were going UHF (the big network flip of the late 90's which was done so that NBC (9) and ABC (7) affiliates across the nation didn't have to spend billions moving stations to UHF since the HVHF band was allowed) and that his new antenna would not work in all markets. That's when he sent me the 4 banger that I have now, thinking that bigger would solve the problem. It worked in my market, but not all. I got them removed from many Costco because of this, false advertising on the products, kiosk placards and talking points for the sales people. The information I had provided explained to them why they were getting so many returns. Then the Dipole versions came out. Haven't seen any at Costco.

Since I was on AD's mailing list I got an ad about the new dual with the VHF dipoles and on the website there was a link to get the add-ons. I called them up to see where my test set was and if they'd give me a set to try? I was told that the owner was wanting to talk to me about these. I never heard from him and never got a set. I don't need them and am getting all the OTA's that I would want and more. And ironically, due to the issues I pointed out in the early days and the way newer TVs are being made and other issues that have risen, in my market, but not exclusively to, the NBC and ABC markets have had to create UHF retrans of their stations. So the bullet they thought they dodged, eventually caught up to them. So they have dual stations, but did get the UHF side stations now by the additions. My next door neighbor, Director of IT at NOAA, got the dual, after seeing mine looming over his house, and forgot to put the dipoles on it and didn't notice any difference when he did. "Most" stations are now at a place where there is no need for anything special to get them. But it's now getting crowded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts