Better get Netflix for NFL on Xmas

commercial establishments plan is?? on directv? need to get something like netflix pub pass?
They will work it out, just as they did for Games on Peacock and Prime.

Peacock forced them to steaming only and it's own box.
I know, the Upshow device, but so what.

Every service for commercial establishments uses their own box, be it DirecTV, Dish, Comcast or whomever.
Prime just used directv and some cable systems.
How we have been receiving Television Programming has changed for the last 70 years, we are just moving into streaming, so businesses have to change also.

DirecTV has 2-3 years left before they are unprofitable and shut down, they have already telegraphed that when they announced no more new Satellites.

Businesses will need to upgrade, for how they have received Sports’ Programing will soon be ending, Prime and the rest will have to try other services so those businesses can continue to receive.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I know, the Upshow device, but so what.

Every service for commercial establishments uses their own box, be it DirecTV, Dish, Comcast or whomever.

How we have been receiving Television Programming has changed for the last 70 years, we are just moving into streaming, so businesses have to change also.

DirecTV has 2-3 years left before they are unprofitable and shut down, they have already telegraphed that when they announced no more new Satellites.

Businesses will need to upgrade, for how they have received Sports’ Programing will soon be ending, Prime and the rest will have to try other services so those businesses can continue to receive.
let's see now one DirecTV can get you just about all other then Peacock.

Does Businesses really want to have
8-10+ boxes just for Sunday ticket for pubs
8-10+ boxes for ESPN+ for pubs (just say they also have NHL CI on them)
8-10+ boxes for NBA LP for pubs
8-10+ boxes for MLB EI for pubs
1 box for the apple tv MLB games
1 box for Peacock pub pass
1 box for Netflix pub pass
1-5 boxes for your local RSN's and say you can have 2-5 games live at the same time.
1-8 for other tv channles
1-4 local TV tuners.
VS say
16 directv boxes that can get just about all pub stuff.

This old ad for the videocypher ii

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-R7bTPsC4&t=77s

let's see now one DirecTV can get you just about all other then Peacock.

Does Businesses really want to have
8-10+ boxes just for Sunday ticket for pubs
8-10+ boxes for ESPN+ for pubs (just say they also have NHL CI on them)
8-10+ boxes for NBA LP for pubs
8-10+ boxes for MLB EI for pubs
1 box for the apple tv MLB games
1 box for Peacock pub pass
1 box for Netflix pub pass
1-5 boxes for your local RSN's and say you can have 2-5 games live at the same time.
1-8 for other tv channles
1-4 local TV tuners.
VS say
16 directv boxes that can get just about all pub stuff.

This old ad for the videocypher ii

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-R7bTPsC4&t=77s

Those streaming boxes can be as simple as a $25 roku stick...one time purchase..

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Knew this was coming years ago.We still have prime for TNF and Peacock on a promotional deal.I dropped Netflix the second they started raising rates through the roof.I have no desire to add netflix back just for a couple of Christmas day games.If you are in the local DMA of either of the teams playing you will be able to get it via ota.

Knew this was coming years ago.We still have prime for TNF and Peacock on a promotional deal.I dropped Netflix the second they started raising rates through the roof.I have no desire to add netflix back just for a couple of Christmas day games.If you are in the local DMA of either of the teams playing you will be able to get it via ota.
By the next big rights deal (expires in 2033), doubtful the Networks would be able to afford the NFL ( and are still there), which explains why the NFL really wanted to get in bed with Netflix.

Reactions: Teehar
By the next big rights deal (expires in 2033), doubtful the Networks would be able to afford the NFL ( and are still there), which explains why the NFL really wanted to get in bed with Netflix.
will the teams push to have local control of there own broadcasts? Force an lower cost min sub for local market games (like how all local games are on free tv)

Might not be a Netflix by 2023..the whole streaming situation is in flux...nobody but the networks are gonna spend billions on the NFL

Might not be a Netflix by 2023..the whole streaming situation is in flux...nobody but the networks are gonna spend billions on the NFL
I am pretty positive there was a Netflix in 2023.

And there you go, trying to pick up the ball from the bundle guy, who took off after he never could proof anything he posted, gave a goodbye post, that basically said he was leaving because nobody believed him.

Yes streaming is still growing, Traditional TV is shrinking, as that happens, those that were unprofitable will become profitable, those that are profitable, will become unprofitable.

Just 4.5 years after starting as a service, Disney+ had their first profitable quarter, it took DirecTV 6 years for that to happen, 9 years for Dish.

Something a lot do not bring up , as paid Live TV loses subscribers, that means Network/Cable Channels are also, in per sub fees, those channels have lost 30 Million monthly per sub fees.

How do you expect them to make money to afford the rights fees then, as more and more leave paid live tv, it is not advertising that will make up the difference, that revenue is expected to drop to $30 Billion in two years, from a high of $60 Billion in 2019, that was spent for ads on Network/Cable Channels.

Last edited:
  • Haha
By the way, speaking of profitable and unprofitable, found this from 2002-

This summer, the company's Fox broadcast network reversed its ratings slide of recent years with its hit program ''American Idol.'' While the network is still unprofitable, the unit's operating loss narrowed to $8 million in the company's first financial quarter, ended Sept. 30, from $43 million during the quarter a year earlier. The network's revenue increased by 32.5 percent, to $424 million from $320 million in the same interval.

So, about 17 years after starting service, Fox Broadcast Channel was still unprofitable.

• Haha
Reactions: ncted
I am pretty positive there was a Netflix in 2023.

And there you go, trying to pick up the ball from the bundle guy, who took off after he never could proof anything he posted, gave a goodbye post, that basically said he was leaving because nobody believed him.

Yes streaming is still growing, Traditional TV is shrinking, as that happens, those that were unprofitable will become profitable, those that are profitable, will become unprofitable.

Just 4.5 years after starting as a service, Disney+ had their first profitable quarter, it took DirecTV 6 years for that to happen, 9 years for Dish.

Something a lot do not bring up , as paid Live TV loses subscribers, that means Network/Cable Channels are also, in per sub fees, those channels have lost 30 Million monthly per sub fees.

How do you expect them to make money to afford the rights fees then, as more and more leave paid live tv, it is not advertising that will make up the difference, that revenue is expected to drop to $30 Billion in two years, from a high of $60 Billion in 2019, that was spent for ads on Network/Cable Channels.
Obviously I meant 2033

• Haha
Obviously I meant 2033
How about all the other stuff I posted to dispute what you keep posting about streaming, any rebuttal?

And there is talk that the NFL will opt out of the current deal 4 years early - at the end of the 2029 season - and renegotiate deals.

At that point, will the streamers be flighting for more live sports content? I could see it. This article talks about all the special event days being sold separately - Thanksgiving games, opening night, etc to the highest bidder.

Making fans chase their favorite team across 4 or more streaming services seems unfair to me, but since people are willing to pay for it, more power to the NFL I guess.
If you are in the teams local market its irrelevant. Games must be shown on local stations if they are on a different platform (ESPN, Amazon, another streaming service) in the teams local market (the one where the team is located) they are shown on OTA TV. Markets outside of that are not allowed to.