Bigger dish...when!!??

GadgetRick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Near NYC
Don't know if Wilt or someone else at Voom can give us an idea as to when we can expect the upgrade to the larger dish. I live just outside of NYC and, as those who live around here know, we've been experiencing a very wet few days here. Typically, I can deal with the occasional rain fade issues, however, yesterday was just too much. Voom was unwatchable for most of the day and parts of the night. It was quite annoying.

I want to get an idea when we can expect this upgrade. If it's (realtively) soon I can hold out for it. Otherwise, I need to have a bigger dish installed. I have DTV and it (of course) didn't drop out the same way (at all to my knowledge) and it was raining HARD most of the day.

I can be patient with the software update, I can be patient with the lack of certain channels, what I can't be patient about is not being able to watch a satellite service I'm paying for.

I don't need repeaking, I don't need a service call, I need a bigger dish. I only have problems when it rains. As you all know, it doesn't have to rain very hard. My OTA reception was fine so I was able to watch the Yankees last night (thank goodness) but satellite reception was spotty until late into the night. Even then, I'd get some loss of signal every so often.

Please please please, how about an update on this?????????

Thanks.

The Rickster

Shouldn't they be doing it like YESTERDAY if they plan on using the other sat in OCTOBER? Or is that like the s/w upgrade?

Bigger dish...

Honestly, I want the new software and all but it's tough going into the HT to watch a little HD during a rain storm only to find I have no signal. I know all will be better (eventually) with the software and the channels we're missing but these things (or the lack of these things) do not keep me from using a service I'm paying for. Rain fade, on the other hand, does keep me from using a service I'm paying for. I'd think this might be a priority for them (even though they're not committing to the larger dish because of rain fade).

I don't want to complain to Wilt (or whomever), have them beat someone up so I can have a bigger dish, only to have them give me a bigger dish anyway. However, if it's going to be months before I can expect any hope of a bigger dish I'd have to start requesting getting upgraded sooner. I just want an idea of when I might expect a bigger dish.

The Rickster

barth2k said:
Shouldn't they be doing it like YESTERDAY if they plan on using the other sat in OCTOBER? Or is that like the s/w upgrade?
Yes...they should have started by now , with the upgrading of all the dishes that they have to do. I dont think anything will be in place by October....more like next year.