Birdog is Here........

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
I finally got the Birdog. I downloaded the satellites that I need to use. All is well, except. I see that there are 2 satellites at 61.5 W. (Dishnetwork and Rainbow, with a BR on Dish and BL on the Rainbow sat) Are these the same satellite? And what are the designations before the satellites, ie BR, BL, KV, KH, etc. I have tried to search all around for the answer to this but, I guess I didn't find the right question to ask. I would appreciate a little guidance in this is my first try into this line of work. Thanks for the response:
Lyle :confused:

Location.............?

Ashley@sadoun said:
BR and BL is circular left and right

Thanks for the comeback. Now, if I am setting up a E* Dish at 61.5, logically I would use "B R Dishnet 61.5". But, could I also use the "B L Rainbow 61.5"? I am a bit confused about these. They are on the same azimuth, are they the same satellite? Thanks:
Lyle :yes

Nope not the same bird, they are at the same azimuth but the E* bird is using the even transponders, the Rainbow bird is using the odd transponders (for the most part). if you peak for the E* bird you will be able to see Rainbow also. So set up for the E* bird.

I would use both Rainbow 1 and Dish Network at 61.5 so your mete can see all transponders from that location. :)

I want to get a Birdog, I think soon Sadoun will be getting an order from me for one. :D

I wish the price was a little cheaper on these. I would probably buy one if the priced dropped some but I do not see that happening anytime soon.

Just a little clarificatiion...............

BrianMis said:
Nope not the same bird, they are at the same azimuth but the E* bird is using the even transponders, the Rainbow bird is using the odd transponders (for the most part). if you peak for the E* bird you will be able to see Rainbow also. So set up for the E* bird.

Not to seem to misinformed, but if they are not the same bird, are they that close together that peaking for E*, you will automatically have the Rainbow transponders? Did someone program the E* sat. to transmit the even transponders, and the odd for the Rainbow? I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can start thinking about setting up the stuff. Thanks for the addition to the thread.
Lyle :what

Yep they are two seperate birds at the same azimuth, Echostar 3 & Rainbow 1 both at 61.5. From what I understand there is just enough space between them to keep them from hitting each other, but not enough to be peaked for one and not see the other.

Check out http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html for more information.

The 10 Voom channels that E* added this month are being broadcast from Rainbow 1. I have a dish pointed at 61.5 and all I had to do after putting the dish up was call in to add the Voom channels.

Brian

Thanks........

Now, if I can get a good signal from the sat. I will be really happy. I have sort of a Tree problem that might get in the way of a clear sighting of the bird, but from what others have said, I still might get something because of the size of the Dish pan and the DP LNB. Thanks again for the response:
Lyle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts