Bloomberg: Dish working on a web TV service and possibly looking at T-Mobile's assets.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Online service, when they say online does it mean watching tv "online" or do they mean he service is delivered like uverse?

Which towers do T-Mobile use? I am surprised that they are not trying to partner with Sprint. This is crucial for Dish Network to partner with a cell provider. Directv's try for partners with Verizon did not work out well for it. This would give Dish a leg up on Directv.

Which towers do T-Mobile use? I am surprised that they are not trying to partner with Sprint. This is crucial for Dish Network to partner with a cell provider. Directv's try for partners with Verizon did not work out well for it. This would give Dish a leg up on Directv.

What do you mean which towers do they use? Tmobile is its own company and has its own licensed spectrum. They use their own towers.

TMobile's parent company wants to offload them very badly. This isn't a partnership in a sense of trying to complimenting services such as the one Verizon Wireless and DirecTV have. This is basically Dish Network heavily investing in TMobile while having a large voice on what the company does.

This would not give any leg up on anyone. It would actually burden both companies further. At best, this gives Dish Network a corporate retail outlet at every TMobile store, thus squeezing out standard retailers. Dish Network is trying too hard to branch out and diversify. This is always a receipe for disaster. DirecTV is doing what it does best and concentrating on providing high quality TV.

There were some other threads speculating that DISH was going to roll out their own LTE network, possibly to be able to offer wireless broadband and TV service.

If they had the choice of working with Sprint, or buying T-Mobile and acquiring their spectrum licenses, I would think that the second option would be more appealing to them.

If they operate the wireless broadband network themselves, then they can offer their blockbuster streaming services to their customers without having to worry about bandwidth caps.

Just a thought...
-SF

When it comes to rural areas Sprint's service is horrible. T-Mobile's isn't any better. I'm surprised they would look at either one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts