Blue Circle Spinning on HD DVR Receiver This Morning

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Glad I'm not the only one! This is the 2nd time in a month mine's done that too. I got the HD DVR back in October. I pulled the plug one time, not knowing about the red button; used the red button this last time.

I do have it run through a good surge protector and hooked up to the internet via homeplug. Not sure if either of those things have anything to do with it...

Glad I'm not the only one! This is the 2nd time in a month mine's done that too. I got the HD DVR back in October. I pulled the plug one time, not knowing about the red button; used the red button this last time.

I do have it run through a good surge protector and hooked up to the internet via homeplug. Not sure if either of those things have anything to do with it...

If you can do the reset through the menu, that's better than using the red button.

I haven't had these issues (yet) but I do not have my DVR's hooked up to a UPS. Is it really recommended?

I haven't had these issues (yet) but I do not have my DVR's hooked up to a UPS. Is it really recommended?

If you are in the middle of a recording, you do want it to be completed, yes? You should also have your television and other equipment on the ups.

If you are in the middle of a recording, you do want it to be completed, yes? You should also have your television and other equipment on the ups.
Thanks Chip, any certain one or just a small one that you pick up at an office supply store?

Thanks Chip, any certain one or just a small one that you pick up at an office supply store?

I got mine at Costco, made by Tripplite. The model is OMNIPLUS 1000LCD. They are about $100 each, but worth it to me. What ever you get, make sure they have enough capacity for the equipment you are connecting.

I got mine at Costco, made by Tripplite. The model is OMNIPLUS 1000LCD. They are about $100 each, but worth it to me. What ever you get, make sure they have enough capacity for the equipment you are connecting.

Raoul,
The unit your talking about only handles 500 Watts ?
My TV needs 525 according to the back of it.
I would like to find a unit that would handle my TV , D* recvr and my EHD, can't imagine the recvr and EHD taking much power though.

Eventually I would also like to put the Yamaha RX-V2500 on one two, but that also takes another 500 W.

Any suggestions or other ideas ?

Raoul,
I would like to find a unit that would handle my TV , D* recvr and my EHD, can't imagine the recvr and EHD taking much power though.

Eventually I would also like to put the Yamaha RX-V2500 on one two, but that also takes another 500 W.

I have a Tripplight...........works great but my TV is not connected to it. Everything else is.......Receiver, DVD players etc. My TV is wall mounted and plugged into a surge protected outlet I put in.

Jimbo, what kind of TV do you have, It's really sucking some juice if it uses 1/2 a kilowatt. CyberPower and APC also make good ones. This one is 850...it should do ya....

APC Back-UPS BX1500G Battery Backup - 1500 VA, 865 Watts, 10 Outlets at TigerDirect.com

I have a Tripplight...........works great but my TV is not connected to it. Everything else is.......Receiver, DVD players etc. My TV is wall mounted and plugged into a surge protected outlet I put in.

Jimbo, what kind of TV do you have, It's really sucking some juice if it uses 1/2 a kilowatt. CyberPower and APC also make good ones. This one is 850...it should do ya....

APC Back-UPS BX1500G Battery Backup - 1500 VA, 865 Watts, 10 Outlets at TigerDirect.com

I have a 60" Pioneer Elite Pro 151FD plasma.

Thanks for the link, this unit would allow me too hook up my TV and the D* equipment, thats mainly what I'm looking for, now I need to find it hopefully locally :)

I have always used APC's for the computer and the Home Theatre, but I was using smaller units, I decided to go up to the next step power wise and I could not get it to work for some reason, tried several of the same model as I thought it might be a flaw in the one I was using, but they all did the same thing.

I will lookinto the one you linked to, I think I have seen it at the local BB, but I'll have to check.
Does Tripplite have anything comparable ?

edit:
My local BB has it for $ 199

Last edited:
Raoul,

Damn, Jimbo, I am going to have to revamp my setup! I am seriously overtaxing the two ups units! My Yamaha receiver is 500 watts by itself. My Mits is only 255, but I also have two Definitive Tech speakers that are rated at 700 watts each and one at 350! My Blue Ray player is only 20, and the Directv receiver isn't all that much. Maybe I need another one, or two....I should take my own advice once in a while!

I have a 58" Plasma Samsung, A Denon receiver not sure which one and Samsung blue ray and my HR22. Do I need a big UPS and if so would that replace my surge protector that everything is hooked up to.

I have a 58" Plasma Samsung, A Denon receiver not sure which one and Samsung blue ray and my HR22. Do I need a big UPS and if so would that replace my surge protector that everything is hooked up to.

The few UPS's that I have looked at are also surge suppressors. I don't know if they all are or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)