Brand new openbox s10...Tv screen keeps rolling...NEED HELP!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onlysamiam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
My new openbox s10 receiver arrived today. I hooked everything up and all it will do after boot is show some menu and the TV screen just keeps rolling and rolling, Anyone have this problem and if so what is the fix? I tried a reboot several times. I put batteries in the remote hoping that some input from it might stop the rolling, no change, I unhooked the antenna, no change. Checked all cables, no change. I hooked up my old receiver and I had a solid screen...so not Tv or cable issue. Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Sam

the issue is the default is set to PAL (instead of NTSC)

I forget exactly how to change it but there should be a v-format button on the remote that you can cycle through. If you have another TV to hook it to where it wont roll that might help too. You basically need to change the display format to something NTSC (like 720p, 480i, 1080i)

Hopefully someone can give you the sequence to change it with that screen rolling

ha...found the post about how to change it

If FW is PAL Default (no picture)

S9 FW Menu items vertical on left
Step (1):
MENU,
DOWN(Twice),
ENTER,
DOWN(Once),
ENTER,
LEFT(or Right)* until picture appears
.(*Do not hold. Press and release, wait a few seconds, Repeat)

S10 FW (Menu items horizontal across top)
Menu - right 2 times - OK - down - right, wait, repeat until video appears.

Partial success: I tried the info and on about the 5th entry I was able to get it to stop rolling. Now I have a screen that displays: (menu) at top Tv System Lower down: Video rs 1080i 60 Aspect mode Auto video out Tuv Digitia audio out Bs out If I press any thing it starts to roll again; where do I go from here?

What happens if you hit exit?

Question was: What happens if you hit exit. I tried that finally after a small light bulb came on in my foggy brain...answer it saves the changes and the new resolution holds. Now I am trying to get this thing to find channels on 72 w. Thanks for the answer if I did not already try that (and it worked) I would have after receiving your post...Thanks all, Sam

Good glad you got it going....now to getting all of your birds scanned in.

Having problem getting 72w scanned in. I want to use usals. My old receiver worked great with usals only lost picture. I am able to use the old rec. to position dish to 72w. Then I put new s10 on line. enter information for usals long. and lat. Set to 72 w and blind scan only I can find no channels. I have purchased a new lnb had thought that might have been the no picture problem of old receiver, however that was of no help. In the antenna setup do I want DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 set to disable and motor type set to usals? I have an universal lnb I set that to 9.75-10.60. any thing else I should look to be sure of? Thank you, Sam

>>I am able to use the old rec. to position dish to 72w<< is this using USALS, or are you 'driving' it with E-W commands? Maybe resetting the motor?
>> "universal lnb I set that to 9.75-10.60" << That will work. To speed scanning up, you can select 10600 for LO and set 22khz to ON. (Will only scan 11.7 to 12.2[5?] then) (9750 LO is for the portion of band below 11.7 that's only used on some Atlantic satellites)

When you set longitude, did you change it to West, from its default of East? Also some of the S10's have problems driving a dish, in USALS.

I had it on default east changed it to west. Rescanned 72w still no signal. My signal intensity is 45 and signal quality is 10. I am guessing that might be my current problem. Tomorrow I will drag my little portable out to the dish ; which is on a pole in the yard, (no roof mount for this old guy) and see if I can tweak in a stronger signal. I guess the important of the two is signal quality, or is it intensity? Thanks and you were right on on the east not west...you know the old head up my butt issue!

Photto, At first when Ice sent me the info on how to stop the screen roll the next thing I did after correcting that was to scan 72w without entering any location info. When I could not find anything. I entered location info for usals and tried to move dish. Did not seem to operate on usals.(I remember seeing a out of range message) I changed to DiSEqC 1.2 and was able to move dish. I hooked up my old receiver that was set up with usals and had a dozen locations scanned and working well and moved to 72w. Note: Moving well but with no channels. I then reconnected the s10 and after changing the usals to west not east info I scanned 72w...no channels. I am starting to think that the night before I started having problems with my old receiver perhaps a storm may have rolled through; as I slept and moved the dish on the pole. That is one of the reasons I an going back out and try to locate 72w at the pole. I have a snaking feeling it has moved since everything was working great and I had all of those birds working well. Thanx...Sam

UPDATE...Ok, I went out to the pole with my trusty little SF-95 moved the dish a small rotational amount on pole. I put a fine marker line from the clamp to the pole and moved at about 1/16 on the pole and a slight adjustment to the dish elevation and had a strong signal. I scanned 72w and got channels. Unhooked every thing and went for the house. Went back through all settings and set motor for USALS and moved to 97w, scanned and got a ton of channels, moved to 84w, scanned and got my RTV channel back...now I am a happy camper. Only one more thing when I have a picture on the screen how do I display the signal? I pressed info, nothing, I pressed info 2x, nothing. If, and I am sure you guys would know, how to do this. I would appreciate hearing from you. And as always you guys are a good bunch...THANK YOU for all of the great help. Sam

signal quality

The INFO button on the remote is Cyclic. Press it 3 or 4 times to cycle through to get to the QUALITY reading.

Got that working. I have 18 birds scanned and working 3/4 of which are not worth watching. I meed to adjust my arc a little as I have not yet scanned in the extremes, however from eastern Pa. I an getting 70 quality readings as is for most sats

On Galaxy 19 I got 313 fta stations not counting any radio channels, on blind scan. I have a 30x33 WSI dish, an Avenger PLL321S-2 LNBF and an openbos s10 receiver... Is this channel count excellent, good, average or how does it compare to what others are receiving? I am not impressed with Galaxy 19 other than it has so many channels as I would only consider watching 4 or 5 at most.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)