Help Needed:

what do u mean "your time is up now?"
I had no more time to spend time behind the computer; I went to other tasks.

do you mean i should set the elevation by this instead?
Well yes, you can take that as a rough scale to set the elevation to about 36.7, or use the lines drawn by Titanium about the motor angle as an indication as to where about it should be. (These lines represent the present, and the needed position of the axis: the axis angle.)
But of course: set it with an inclinometer; that would allow more precise setting.

also whats up with pic 11? are you saying thats these are wrong aswell? (see this pic)
Indeed. That is the offset adapter plate, that should be set matching the offset angle.
The angle between topbolt left to bottombolt to topbolt right should be 23 degrees, but is now about 36-37 degrees (13-14 degrees off).

But first, let's go back to the elevation setting, which is indeed done with screw A.
1. Loosen the nuts a little bit, that hold the motor to the mast, and that hold screw A to the motor housing.
2. Then adjust screw A by moving the nuts along it; till you measure the correct elevation angle.
3. Then fix the previously loosened nuts again.
And yes, when you adjust screw A, the whole motor moves (including the motor axis). That is the purpose of it!
And therefore, while setting angles, you have to loosen the fixing nuts a bit.

Greetz,
A33

I had no more time to spend time behind the computer; I went to other tasks.

Well yes, you can take that as a rough scale to set the elevation to about 36.7, or use the lines drawn by Titanium about the motor angle as an indication as to where about it should be. (These lines represent the present, and the needed position of the axis: the axis angle.)
But of course: set it with an inclinometer; that would allow more precise setting.

Indeed. That is the offset adapter plate, that should be set matching the offset angle.
The angle between topbolt left to bottombolt to topbolt right should be 23 degrees, but is now about 36-37 degrees (13-14 degrees off).

But first, let's go back to the elevation setting, which is indeed done with screw A.
1. Loosen the nuts a little bit, that hold the motor to the mast, and that hold screw A to the motor housing.
2. Then adjust screw A by moving the nuts along it; till you measure the correct elevation angle.
3. Then fix the previously loosened nuts again.
And yes, when you adjust screw A, the whole motor moves (including the motor axis). That is the purpose of it!
And therefore, while setting angles, you have to loosen the fixing nuts a bit.

Greetz,
A33
I had no more time to spend time behind the computer; I went to other tasks. < Really??

"Well yes, you can take that as a rough scale to set the elevation to about 36.7, or use the lines drawn by Titanium about the motor angle as an indication as to where about it should be. (These lines represent the present, and the needed position of the axis: the axis angle.)
But of course: set it with an inclinometer; that would allow more precise setting" < ok ??

"Indeed. That is the offset adapter plate, that should be set matching the offset angle.
The angle between topbolt left to bottombolt to topbolt right should be 23 degrees, but is now about 36-37 degrees (13-14 degrees off)" < urm??

makes no sence to me, if i Loosen the nuts a little bit, that hold the motor to the mast, the whole thing will fall off (sounds funny but it really isnt!!!),

what do you mean "and that hold screw A to the motor housing" ?? < makes no sense at all <<

what do you mean by "Then adjust screw A by moving the nuts along it; till you measure the correct elevation angle" < if you mean move the bolts further up or down screw A < meaning the bolt on screw A Will be closer to the bottom of the screw or further up the pole meaning its near the very top ???

urm? which bolts? "Then fix the previously loosened nuts again" ??

Urm i know that "when you adjust screw A, the whole motor moves (including the motor axis). That is the purpose of it!
And therefore, while setting angles, you have to loosen the fixing nuts a bit" < i already know this but if i undone all of the bolts it would mess up <<

sorry but your reply doesn't make sence to me again :( finding it hard to understand :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had no more time to spend time behind the computer; I went to other tasks. < Really??

"Well yes, you can take that as a rough scale to set the elevation to about 36.7, or use the lines drawn by Titanium about the motor angle as an indication as to where about it should be. (These lines represent the present, and the needed position of the axis: the axis angle.)
But of course: set it with an inclinometer; that would allow more precise setting" < ok ??

"Indeed. That is the offset adapter plate, that should be set matching the offset angle.
The angle between topbolt left to bottombolt to topbolt right should be 23 degrees, but is now about 36-37 degrees (13-14 degrees off)" < urm??

makes no sence to me, if i Loosen the nuts a little bit, that hold the motor to the mast, the whole thing will fall off (sounds funny but it really isnt!!!),

what do you mean "and that hold screw A to the motor housing" ?? < makes no sense at all <<

what do you mean by "Then adjust screw A by moving the nuts along it; till you measure the correct elevation angle" < if you mean move the bolts further up or down screw A < meaning the bolt on screw A Will be closer to the bottom of the screw or further up the pole meaning its near the very top ???

Urm i know that "when you adjust screw A, the whole motor moves (including the motor axis). That is the purpose of it!
And therefore, while setting angles, you have to loosen the fixing nuts a bit" < i already know this but if i undone all of the bolts it would mess up <<

sorry but your reply doesn't make sence to me again :( finding it hard to understand :(

Sounds like this guy must be autistic, which is why he needs visual references to visualise what he needs to do to in order to do it, so be kind and help him as much as you can, you should be thankful that he's here asking for your help because he has found something that he is interested in doing and wants to do but need help understanding how to do it, i hope you can all help him understand what he needs to do, either step by step instructions or my making a tutorial showing him what to do, as he has said before there isn't anyone where he lives who can help him with this task.

Thanks for showing him your support.

I look forward to reading your reply's and hope he can get his issues sorted soon.

Satellite-guy

Well, forget about this text of mine, then, for now.

Let's try to check the elevation setting first.
I'm a bit lost about your present elevation setting.
In this picture, it seems to be about 36.7:

so i have set motor axis elevation angle to 36.7 degrees using the little scale on the side (see pic where i drew line) .......................................................................................... <

However in this picture, it looks about 53.3 degrees, so the "complement" angle:
1705047661843.png
In relation to this last picture, screw A must be adjusted in a way, that the whole dish will point lower.

So, which of these two photos represents your present elevation situation?

And another question:
Are you familiar with the term 'complement angle'? Meaning an angle can be set at a certain angle, but also ~~with a 90 degree rotated inclinometer~~ to the complement angle of 90 degrees MINUS that angle?

Greetz,
A33