Help

MontyH50

Original poster
Jun 1, 2023
Piggott Arkansas
I'm new to all this. I need help with everything. First I need help with pointing my dish with all the proper angles and such. I've spent hours trying to get signal to no avail

I'm new to all this. I need help with everything. First I need help with pointing my dish with all the proper angles and such. I've spent hours trying to get signal to no avail

Hello MontyH50! First off, to help you properly we will need to know some more about your equipment. Is this a C band or KU dish setup? Is it motorized or stationary? What are the specifics of your equipment (dish size/model, lnbf type/model, receiver make/model)?

Is your dish mounted on a plumb pole? What satellite(s) have you tried to get? What are you using to get your degree/angle measurements for aiming (compass, angle meter, phone app, just eyeballing it)?

Many knowledgeable people are here ready to help so let us know. :)

P.S. If you haven't done so already take a look at the FAQ section here for a lot of great setup info.

FTA FAQ's

Reactions: primestar31
I've got a 39" ku band fta dish, lbn ku band universal duel quad 0.3b fta linear polarized. Amiko mini 4k uhd s2x fta receiver dvb-s2x h.265 hevc. Rocket fish rg6 coax. Moteck s6-2100 say dish motor

Hello MontyH50! First off, to help you properly we will need to know some more about your equipment. Is this a C band or KU dish setup? Is it motorized or stationary? What are the specifics of your equipment (dish size/model, lnbf type/model, receiver make/model)?

Is your dish mounted on a plumb pole? What satellite(s) have you tried to get? What are you using to get your degree/angle measurements for aiming (compass, angle meter, phone app, just eyeballing it)?

Many knowledgeable people are here ready to help so let us know. :)

P.S. If you haven't done so already take a look at the FAQ section here for a lot of great setup info.

FTA FAQ's
I've used a phone app a compass and eyeball. It is on a stationary pole that's is level

I've got a 39" ku band fta dish, lbn ku band universal duel quad 0.3b fta linear polarized. Amiko mini 4k uhd s2x fta receiver dvb-s2x h.265 hevc. Rocket fish rg6 coax. Moteck s6-2100 say dish motor
I've used a phone app a compass and eyeball. It is on a stationary pole that's is level

OK. Your dish is good sized so should be able to pick up signals fine when aligned properly. The Amiko is a good quality receiver as well. You have verified that your pole is plumb so that should not be an issue.

First thing I would recommend you do is temporarily take the motor out of the equation and try to lock a single satellite, perhaps 97w. That way you can verify that your equipment and cabling is working and you can receive a signal.

Make sure you make adjustments in TINY increments and give the receiver time to lock a signal. You are aiming at an object thousands of miles away and just a fraction of an inch can mean the difference between good or no signal. Once you have done this you can add the motor back and set it up to track the arc.

You did not list your specific lnbf model but since you said it is universal then make sure you have it set to universal settings in your Amiko.

Have you checked out www.dishpointer.com yet? If not, I would suggest you do so as it can be a great help for setup info (azimuth, elevation, skew) for those starting out.

Reactions: harshness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts