Bright House to add 50 Hd channels in 18months

There will always be analog channels and viewers. For those that don't have a digital turner, they can get a box for $1 a month and view the PEG channels when they go digital. The Digital Transition by 2009 that the government is requiring will further push Digital and HD.

BHN Insider

Last edited:
There will always be analog channels and viewers. For those that don't have a digital turner, they can get a box for $1 a month and view the PEG channels when they go digital. The Digital Transition by 2009 that the government is requiring will further push Digital and HD programming.

BHN Insider

Please bring Brighthouse to Upstate South Carolina. All we have here is Charter; they are an abomination of a cable company.

Moreover, my local cable telco co-op (PRTC) sucks even worse. All they have is 105 SD video channels, 44 music channels, and 6 PPV channels. Last I checked, they have no plans to add any SD or HD channels or increase the internet speeds with lower prices!! This makes me mad as hell because my family and I are under contract until 1-14-2009!!! In addition, they sell the crappy, overpriced AT&T brick phones and their highest internet speed is 1 meg down, 512kbps up for $69.95 per month!!:mad:

UPDATED INFO: at the bnh central florida website, they are saying 5 new hd channels 2/1/08........animal planet, TLC, national geographic...i think science channel is one and i can't remember the other.

UPDATED INFO: at the bnh central florida website, they are saying 5 new hd channels 2/1/08........animal planet, TLC, national geographic...i think science channel is one and i can't remember the other.

Wow... we got all those in Tampa on Dec 13.... From what I have seen in the past, it seems Orlando is usually first. I guess this time we lucked out.

BHN- Keep adding. Let's see some more premiums! I am just itching to ditch Dish as my secondary!

well, skottey, remember you folks have golf/versus and mhd which i don't believe orlando has added yet.

True. I guess I am thinking further back, as in when it first became Bright House from Time Warner. I remember looking at the channel lineup in Central Florida in amazement that they had so much more than Tampa Bay.

True. I guess I am thinking further back, as in when it first became Bright House from Time Warner. I remember looking at the channel lineup in Central Florida in amazement that they had so much more than Tampa Bay.

In past years Tampa always got the shaft that is for sure. I think Central Florida had Cinemax On Demand, Showtime On Demand and TMC On Demand for darn near a year before Tampa added them. That also doesn't count the near six months Central Florida had HBO On Demand before Tampa got it. HD channels and HD DVR boxes were the same issues in the past as well.

I guess the markets have switched now but both markets still could do far better than what they are that is for sure.

agree with you there longhorn....especially after all the hd directv added this fall!

BHN has been a let down for so long that I feel like they have really come through with the recent HD channel adds and SD channels like Fox Business. For years I called customer service asking about new channel additions and constantly was let down, in addition to knowing more about cable channels than the CSRs. I gave up all hope and went and got Dish this past year, paying out the nose for two providers. Now BHN is doing something. Finally. They certainly could have done more from the PR perspective. They should have laid out their plans. This is something that upsets me about Dish. They aren't talking about their plans other than launching a few birds and adding HD local channels. Whoopy... let's hear about HD nationals. Let's hear about HD premiums. I'll be getting rid of Dish soon and keeping just BHN. I may consider Verizon FIOS when it comes into my neighborhood, but I am getting happier with BHN.

Last edited:
don't misunderstand, i'm glad bhn is finally adding new hd. i think they added 6 hd channels in the orlando area next year. that's a lot considering we are talking about bhn.

but satellite is adding by leaps and bounds. i'm not a fan of dish network for many reasons. i will agree they have been mum about expansion too. however, the same could be said for directv up until about 2005.

5 More HD Channels Coming in February

May be available now in some Bright House Divisions (Tampa) and others to follow soon!

Discovery Channel HD
Animal Planet HD
TLC HD
The Science Channel HD
National Geographic Channel HD

BHN Insider

May be available now in some Bright House Divisions (Tampa) and others to follow soon!

Discovery Channel HD
Animal Planet HD
TLC HD
The Science Channel HD
National Geographic Channel HD

BHN Insider

Old news.

We've had those new adds and more since December in all Tampa households. More to come would be nice!

Old news.

We've had those new adds and more since December in all Tampa households. More to come would be nice!

More is to come and my post said they are available in Tampa. These channels should be available around February 1st in Orlando. The world is bigger than Tampa!

More is to come and my post said they are available in Tampa. These channels should be available around February 1st in Orlando. The world is bigger than Tampa!

Don't mean to argue with you. I thought you thought that Tampa just now got these channels. I was just saying that we have had them in the Tampa Bay division since December. Old news meaning it has been reported before. Like I said, I don't want to argue. We should all be celebrating the fact that they (BHN) are FINALLY doing something. There have been no real changes since like 2001 to speak of other than a few channels here and there. These channel adds and commitment to add even more by BHN has been the most significant thing they have done in a long time. Adding digital phone service and cell phone service has done nothing to float my boat. I like to see them get back to their core business, television (and even Internet you could say). Not phone.

The more I think about it, with the talk of how Tampa is now getting new things first before Orlando when it used to be the other way around, I am thinking it is because Verizon is expanding all around the Tampa market with FIOS. I have no doubt BHN has lost a lot of subscribers to Verizon FIOS TV. They are probably desperately trying to keep up.

Cheers!

Don't mean to argue with you. I thought you thought that Tampa just now got these channels. I was just saying that we have had them in the Tampa Bay division since December. Old news meaning it has been reported before. Like I said, I don't want to argue. We should all be celebrating the fact that they (BHN) are FINALLY doing something. There have been no real changes since like 2001 to speak of other than a few channels here and there.

Since 2001 BHN has DOUBLED (for free) the broadband speed twice. Added over 40 new on-demand channels (all free) and countless other channels.. Just an fyi :) DVRs, HD DVRS, over 20 HD channels, and a ton more.

I think you are right about the reason Tampa now gets the early attention. Amazing what competition does, eh?

Yes BHN moved its test zone from Orlando to Tampa. in fact it was always a mix anyway between the two. Orlando was the biggest one because it runs the Passport software like the majority of BHN systems do. Tampa runs the SARA software, so they usually got stuff last, or first depending on what vendor gave us what. With the new HDC boxes everyone is pretty much getting the same software now, so the playing field is alot more level, and since Tampa is a heated market it makes since to introduce stuff their first while they are still testing it. Its just sound business practice.

Since 2001 BHN has DOUBLED (for free) the broadband speed twice. Added over 40 new on-demand channels (all free) and countless other channels.. Just an fyi :) DVRs, HD DVRS, over 20 HD channels, and a ton more.

Doubled the broadband speed? It is currently at 7Mbps... if you have two digital services you can get 10Mbps (have to pay extra), and if you have all three (phone, cable with their specified package, and Internet) you can get 15Mbps (have to pay extra). So a subscriber that just has Internet gets 7Mbps speed currently, hardly double the 5Mbps of yesteryear. (Yes I have 15/2 virtual office that I pay $90/mo for, but standard is still 7).

40 On Demand Channels? Some of these so called channels have as little as 3 items on them. Granted, I like having them and watch the premium ones mostly, but declaring 40 channels is stretching it. One poor example is their so called HD Showcase... that is garbage.

The HD channels you mention, I also mentioned.... I was giving them credit for finally doing something! Good for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)