Bright House to add 50 Hd channels in 18months

Doubled the broadband speed? It is currently at 7Mbps... if you have two digital services you can get 10Mbps (have to pay extra), and if you have all three (phone, cable with their specified package, and Internet) you can get 15Mbps (have to pay extra). So a subscriber that just has Internet gets 7Mbps speed currently, hardly double the 5Mbps of yesteryear. (Yes I have 15/2 virtual office that I pay $90/mo for, but standard is still 7).

40 On Demand Channels? Some of these so called channels have as little as 3 items on them. Granted, I like having them and watch the premium ones mostly, but declaring 40 channels is stretching it. One poor example is their so called HD Showcase... that is garbage.

The HD channels you mention, I also mentioned.... I was giving them credit for finally doing something! Good for them.

and i commend them for finally offering new hd. but directv added so much hd last fall and is still adding. but the time bhn reaches 90 hd networks, directv will have, at least, 150.

it started at 1.5 to 3 to now 7 all without price increase associated with them since 2001.

Its not BHNS fault what the on-demand provider puts on the channels, for example comedy central sometimes it has 20 programs sometimes it has 10 its not BHNs fault, BHN does not control whats on the "programming" only what channels you get. they added a total of 40new on-demand channels (give or take a couple) and the majority of those are FREE to the subscriber

and i commend them for finally offering new hd. but directv added so much hd last fall and is still adding. but the time bhn reaches 90 hd networks, directv will have, at least, 150.

itd be nice, to have all those, my only problem is the majority of those channels have less then a few hours of HD programming a day if any that day. So have 150 HD channels is nice to make a claim but if half of them rarely show HD content its kinda pointless. The channels BHN has (aside from some of the new national ones) mostly all show HD content the majority of their programming time. I think BHN has focused on adding the channels who have the most HD content first, and throwing in a few that are just popular like usa, scifi etc

itd be nice, to have all those, my only problem is the majority of those channels have less then a few hours of HD programming a day if any that day. So have 150 HD channels is nice to make a claim but if half of them rarely show HD content its kinda pointless. The channels BHN has (aside from some of the new national ones) mostly all show HD content the majority of their programming time. I think BHN has focused on adding the channels who have the most HD content first, and throwing in a few that are just popular like usa, scifi etc

A&E had very little HD content when BHN added it. TBS HD still doesn't have much HD content and last I checked we have that channel as well. The bottom line is for the kind of money most of us are paying each month I expect quite a few more HD channels. Some of these HD channels have tons of HD content while others are limited. Now if an HD channel has two hours each week of my favorite shows I would rather have this channel instead of many others on my lineup today. USA Network HD, FX HD and SciFi HD fall into the group of channels many consider must have HD channels. ABC Family could also be considered one of those channels with series shows such as KYLE XY etc.

What is clear is that most of the new HD channels being added happen to be Time Warner owned channels. Some of the few glaring channels still missing from our lineup for years is Cinemax HD and Starz HD. Cinemax HD is also a TW owned network which only proves how messed up BHN really is that they would rather add TBS HD with very little HD content over a TW owned channel that has tons of HD content each day.

As a side note and in response to a previous poster it is indeed nice to have 40+ free on demand channels but again this is BHN who would rather add many very limited On Demand channels while not offering say Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand channels which happen to have programming people want to watch. Just these two channels alone have hundreds of programming choices each month but no Music Choice On Demand with ten music videos each month is all they add.

I'm not saying BHN is the worst cable company because they are far from it but at some point they need to wake the hell up before its too late. I can say without a doubt that when I buy my house I will "not" be a Bright House Networks customer at least not for cable services. I most likely will be a DirecTV, Dish Network or a Verizon FIOS customer. I will make this switch just on the pure fact that I trust all of these companies to attempt to stay current and at least somewhat succeed while I no longer have any trust in BHN to do anything at a large enough level. If Bright House cannot change now with DirecTV, Dish Network and Verizon FIOS competing with them at a very high level they never will change and that is the basis I decide who I will be switching with.

Bright House still has another year to prove me wrong but if they haven't done anything by the start of 2009 I'm sure they never will.

it started at 1.5 to 3 to now 7 all without price increase associated with them since 2001.

Its not BHNS fault what the on-demand provider puts on the channels, for example comedy central sometimes it has 20 programs sometimes it has 10 its not BHNs fault, BHN does not control whats on the "programming" only what channels you get. they added a total of 40new on-demand channels (give or take a couple) and the majority of those are FREE to the subscriber

I've been with Roadrunner since they beta tested in Temple Terrace in 1998 (Tampa Bay market). Yes, when they started in the Tampa Market beta testing it was 3.5.... it was never 1.5. Maybe it was different in Orlando but it has always been 3.5 or higher in my house. When they finally went live Tampa Bay wide, they were clocking 5Mbps. You sure were shafted if you only got 1.5. I was one of the first to get RR in the Tampa region. I was even told it wasn't available on the other side of 56th St (main road through TT). When I divorced my first wife I was looking for apartments after having RR only a few short months and with each place I looked at, I called to see if RR was available (would never go back to dial up). Where it wasn't, I avoided. I ended up renting an apartment that was also able to get RR. I was told I was like the first person to move my account between dwellings and they had issues moving me. I had two drunk techs come out on a Friday night to get me online. Fun fun fun...

I praise BHN for Roadrunner and digital cable... but come on... they were falling behind for a long time.. we all have to admit. Now it looks like they are doing something.

itd be nice, to have all those, my only problem is the majority of those channels have less then a few hours of HD programming a day if any that day.

so what? I'd rather have the channels early on so when they add more programming I already have the channel than to see others getting 24/7 HD channels and find myself calling BHN to beg for a specific channel. BHN should give us as many channels as possible now, so when they start filling in programming, we have them!

Your argument on this one is very poor.

I have been on this high about BHN finally doing something and you are unintentionally doing all you can to make me madder at them. You are reminding me of their flaws while trying to defend them. I have been very critical of them and have finally come around some... don't ruin my new attitude dude! haha

well, steven, i've endured two months of no hd programming on speed hd (among others). but come next week when speedweeks starts, guess who will be parked in front of her set to catch part of the 100 hd hours, speed will broadcast?

well, steven, i've endured two months of no hd programming on speed hd (among others). but come next week when speedweeks starts, guess who will be parked in front of her set to catch part of the 100 hd hours, speed will broadcast?

you are a girl?

haha.. never dawned on me. just seems like all us BHN moaners and praisers are guys. Most of the visitors to this site are guys. It is nice to see some girls here. I guess I never really realized how girlie your icon is.

I'll shut up now.

I've been with Roadrunner since they beta tested in Temple Terrace in 1998 (Tampa Bay market). Yes, when they started in the Tampa Market beta testing it was 3.5.... it was never 1.5. Maybe it was different in Orlando but it has always been 3.5 or higher in my house. When they finally went live Tampa Bay wide, they were clocking 5Mbps. You sure were shafted if you only got 1.5. I was one of the first to get RR in the Tampa region. I was even told it wasn't available on the other side of 56th St (main road through TT). When I divorced my first wife I was looking for apartments after having RR only a few short months and with each place I looked at, I called to see if RR was available (would never go back to dial up). Where it wasn't, I avoided. I ended up renting an apartment that was also able to get RR. I was told I was like the first person to move my account between dwellings and they had issues moving me. I had two drunk techs come out on a Friday night to get me online. Fun fun fun...

I praise BHN for Roadrunner and digital cable... but come on... they were falling behind for a long time.. we all have to admit. Now it looks like they are doing something.

In orlando RR started out at 1.5mbit, (thats T1 speeds, and faster then ISDN and DSL at the time) then they upgraded to 3 then 5 now 7 Tampa maybe different but even if it started at 3 there that means it jump to 5 then 7 without an increase and guess what it will jump again this year, Dramatically.

A&E had very little HD content when BHN added it. TBS HD still doesn't have much HD content and last I checked we have that channel as well. The bottom line is for the kind of money most of us are paying each month I expect quite a few more HD channels. Some of these HD channels have tons of HD content while others are limited. Now if an HD channel has two hours each week of my favorite shows I would rather have this channel instead of many others on my lineup today. USA Network HD, FX HD and SciFi HD fall into the group of channels many consider must have HD channels. ABC Family could also be considered one of those channels with series shows such as KYLE XY etc.

What is clear is that most of the new HD channels being added happen to be Time Warner owned channels. Some of the few glaring channels still missing from our lineup for years is Cinemax HD and Starz HD. Cinemax HD is also a TW owned network which only proves how messed up BHN really is that they would rather add TBS HD with very little HD content over a TW owned channel that has tons of HD content each day.

As a side note and in response to a previous poster it is indeed nice to have 40+ free on demand channels but again this is BHN who would rather add many very limited On Demand channels while not offering say Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand channels which happen to have programming people want to watch. Just these two channels alone have hundreds of programming choices each month but no Music Choice On Demand with ten music videos each month is all they add.

I'm not saying BHN is the worst cable company because they are far from it but at some point they need to wake the hell up before its too late. I can say without a doubt that when I buy my house I will "not" be a Bright House Networks customer at least not for cable services. I most likely will be a DirecTV, Dish Network or a Verizon FIOS customer. I will make this switch just on the pure fact that I trust all of these companies to attempt to stay current and at least somewhat succeed while I no longer have any trust in BHN to do anything at a large enough level. If Bright House cannot change now with DirecTV, Dish Network and Verizon FIOS competing with them at a very high level they never will change and that is the basis I decide who I will be switching with.

Bright House still has another year to prove me wrong but if they haven't done anything by the start of 2009 I'm sure they never will.

Well I did have the "and some other popular ones" added, BHN has no excuse not to have starz on-demand and hd and cinemax HD, thats just ridiculous. Adding these other crappy channels in lue of those. Seems a waste to me for sure

so what? I'd rather have the channels early on so when they add more programming I already have the channel than to see others getting 24/7 HD channels and find myself calling BHN to beg for a specific channel. BHN should give us as many channels as possible now, so when they start filling in programming, we have them!

Your argument on this one is very poor.

I have been on this high about BHN finally doing something and you are unintentionally doing all you can to make me madder at them. You are reminding me of their flaws while trying to defend them. I have been very critical of them and have finally come around some... don't ruin my new attitude dude! haha

The Argument is not poor. What the hell is the point of waste 100channels of bandwidth to have an "hd channel" when there is no HD content. How about the channel providers step up and start providing the content, then we can complain about not having them? BHN added scifi and USA just in time for WWE in HD, and USA also announced its "original series" will be in HD. Sci fi the same.

Yes they are missing a few good ones (like starz and cinemax) but how did Directv get capcity to have so many HDS? They sent up a new satellite.. How will brighthouse get that capcity..? Ill assure you its a bit harder then sending up a new bird. and a lot more time consuming.. Something that has been going on for along time.

you are a girl?

haha.. never dawned on me. just seems like all us BHN moaners and praisers are guys. Most of the visitors to this site are guys. It is nice to see some girls here. I guess I never really realized how girlie your icon is.

I'll shut up now.

Stop flirting, you dont have a chance with her... Trust me :D

In orlando RR started out at 1.5mbit, (thats T1 speeds, and faster then ISDN and DSL at the time) then they upgraded to 3 then 5 now 7 Tampa maybe different but even if it started at 3 there that means it jump to 5 then 7 without an increase and guess what it will jump again this year, Dramatically.

They need to jump it up.. FIOS is 15 or 30 in Tampa.... I have a VO account with 15/2 and static IP, server..etc... I would like to see them increase the upload speed though. A full duplex of 15/15 would be sweet. I don't know if that is even possible with DOCIS cable Internet technology. But full duplex is the future at whatever speed. Having a faster download and slow upload is so archaic. I have a lot of businesses (customers) that are bottlenecked so bad with the RR upload speeds. Upload and Download speeds really ned to be the same... whether it be 7/7, 15/15, 30/30...etc... I think the standard RR package is 768 up... the most you can get is 2 right now. Too slow.

Well I did have the "and some other popular ones" added, BHN has no excuse not to have starz on-demand and hd and cinemax HD, thats just ridiculous. Adding these other crappy channels in lue of those. Seems a waste to me for sure

I agree with you on those specific channels for sure.

The Argument is not poor. What the hell is the point of waste 100channels of bandwidth to have an "hd channel" when there is no HD content. How about the channel providers step up and start providing the content, then we can complain about not having them? BHN added scifi and USA just in time for WWE in HD, and USA also announced its "original series" will be in HD. Sci fi the same.

Yes they are missing a few good ones (like starz and cinemax) but how did Directv get capcity to have so many HDS? They sent up a new satellite.. How will brighthouse get that capcity..? Ill assure you its a bit harder then sending up a new bird. and a lot more time consuming.. Something that has been going on for along time.

I am not discussing whether they have the capacity, only that they need to find a way to add more channels. The capacity problem is theirs to figure out. There is a lot of wasted bandwidth in the shopping block, analog.. etc... but let's not get into that now. They are getting better. I am in praise BHN mode right now for doing things.

They need to jump it up.. FIOS is 15 or 30 in Tampa.... I have a VO account with 15/2 and static IP, server..etc... I would like to see them increase the upload speed though. A full duplex of 15/15 would be sweet. I don't know if that is even possible with DOCIS cable Internet technology. But full duplex is the future at whatever speed. Having a faster download and slow upload is so archaic. I have a lot of businesses (customers) that are bottlenecked so bad with the RR upload speeds. Upload and Download speeds really ned to be the same... whether it be 7/7, 15/15, 30/30...etc... I think the standard RR package is 768 up... the most you can get is 2 right now. Too slow.

Agreed when they up the download speed here in the next couple months I hope they do the same to the upload speed. However I dont believe even business class is designed for you to "host" anything on it. Thats where you would need to look at getting BHN Dedicated Access (fiber to your business) then the speeds are pretty endless up to 1gigabit I think.

I am not discussing whether they have the capacity, only that they need to find a way to add more channels. The capacity problem is theirs to figure out. There is a lot of wasted bandwidth in the shopping block, analog.. etc... but let's not get into that now. They are getting better. I am in praise BHN mode right now for doing things.

Which is what there doing, from both the 1ghz upgrade to looking at SDV.. I was only pointing out that everyone saying how Directv added so many so fast, was because the second they sent up the bird they had the capacity.. BHN is working on adding the Capacity its just taking time... They have been working on it long before Direct sent up their bird though, its only recently though that they have increased paced drastically. One thing that held them off is they went from 750 gear to 870 they did not want to upgrade everything to 870 when 1ghz was right around the corner so they did not implant any major upgrade now 1ghz is available and "affordable" that they are doing massive upgrades in most areas.

Agreed when they up the download speed here in the next couple months I hope they do the same to the upload speed. However I dont believe even business class is designed for you to "host" anything on it. Thats where you would need to look at getting BHN Dedicated Access (fiber to your business) then the speeds are pretty endless up to 1gigabit I think.

Well you wouldn't run an enterprise on RR but it works great for myself and a number of my customers for webservers, mail servers, VPN, databases, etc. I'm not running google out my house!