BSG Season 3.5 on Scifi, 1/21/07 & 3.0 on UHD 1/27/07

Why would they cancel the best show on tv in years...after only 4 seasons?

Its not cancelled. The show is running its course and coming to its conclusion... like a good show should. However, personally I think that if they could get a 5th year without the story becoming drawn out then they should do it... but no more than 5. 4 does seem a little short.

B5 was planned 5-year series, and that's what it went. Sure, like any good story, I was sad when it was ended, same as SG1, which has gone for a decade. BSG is no different. It's heading towards it's conclusion.

Not to change a subject but that is right and wrong since the last B5 season was probably not going to happen and everything was wrapped up early. Then all of a sudden they had season 5 and had to figure something out. If I understand it correctly, the season 4 cliffhanger was supposed to be Sheridan being captured on Mars. First episode of the next season was supposed to be the interrogation. Then the rest of it was the "retake Earth" thread.

Never saw SG1 on TV so I am going through the DVDs. I've only finished up to season 3 and wonder how it will all end up.

Not to change a subject but that is right and wrong since the last B5 season was probably not going to happen and everything was wrapped up early. Then all of a sudden they had season 5 and had to figure something out. If I understand it correctly, the season 4 cliffhanger was supposed to be Sheridan being captured on Mars. First episode of the next season was supposed to be the interrogation. Then the rest of it was the "retake Earth" thread.

Never saw SG1 on TV so I am going through the DVDs. I've only finished up to season 3 and wonder how it will all end up.

Actually, because the WB Network were such a bunch of pansies, JMS had to make a "series ending" episode for B5 for seasons 3 and 4 because he didn't know until the last moment whether or not they'd get renewed for the next season, but the series was always intended to go just 5 seasons from the start.

I wish Sci-Fi would put it back in their rotation for some sort of daily airing or a day-long marathon every few weeks like they do SG1, SGA, Dark Angel, Andromeda and many other shows, but Sci-Fi doesn't seem to know a good show, even when it bites them on the arse...sadly.

Better yet, HDNet should run it. :)

Back OT: What a amazing episode of BSG! Is UHD going to start the run from the beginning again now though or what?

What is Crossroads II??

I'll pop in some DVD's, starting with the Pegasus extended episode and just work my way to the end of season 2. And there are two more weeks of SG1/SGA to go....then the long drought begins until SGA comes back, the B5 and Stargate DVDs come out, and BSG in 2008...

Watching the NASA channel at the moment....preps for docking with IIS are beginning.

I don't recall if this was posted in March or not...
Executive producer Ron Moore discusses thrilling 'Galactica' cliffhanger

Fans of Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" are no doubt filled with questions this morning following last night's third season, cliffhanger finale. (If you didn't watch last night's episode: SPOILERS AHEAD)

Four of the last five unidentified Cylons were revealed to be patriotic Colonials, characters viewers thought were human -- Col. Tigh (Michael Hogan), Chief Tyrol (Aaron Douglas), Anders (Michael Trucco) and presidential aid Tori (Rekha Sharma). And in the final moments, Starbuck (Kara Thrace), recently presumed dead when her Viper shattered into a million pieces, appeared to Apollo (Jamie Bamber), and she seemed to be very much alive. Starbuck said she'd been to Earth -- Galactica's much-sought destination -- and will show them the way. With so many questions raised, it was time to seek answers from the main man in the know: "Battlestar" executive producer Ron Moore. In our chat last week, he also discussed plans for a direct-to-DVD movie and the state of the proposed prequel series, "Caprica."
Source and more : Executive producer Ron Moore discusses thrilling 'Galactica' cliffhanger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)