BSG Season 3.5 on Scifi, 1/21/07 & 3.0 on UHD 1/27/07

It won't work; its been 12 years. :D These cats do not show any signs of wanting to die either :)

That's one of the reasons that cats have 9 lives! :D

Back OT (more or less):

I watched Babylon 5: The Lost Tales last night and really enjoyed it, especially the second story. Very nice job on continuity after all these years and Teryl Rothery (as a reporter interviewing Sheridan) looked better than fabulous! :D

I sincerely hope this disc sells well and that they continue to do more direct-to-DVD B5. At 72 minutes running time, it was enjoyable and the stories were interesting. I'd like to see D'lenn (another apostrephed name :)) and Garibaldi in the next disc (if there is a next one).

It was nice having a new summer sci-fi fix. I've missed B5 (even though I have all 5 season box sets)...new stuff is always nice!

Kira to appear in Battlestar Galactica
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]By Michelle[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]August 1, 2007 - 9:18 PM[/FONT]
Nana Visitor (Kira) and Ron Moore are teaming up again: the Deep Space Nine actress will make an appearance on the writer-producer's Battlestar Galactica.
Nanavision, Visitor's official web site, reported that she will fly to Vancouver to film Battlestar Galactica the first week of August. The episode will be aired sometime in 2008.
Moore spoke to iF Magazine recently about the final season of the Sci-Fi Channel series, Moore said that he expected to reveal the fifth and final Cylon model during the upcoming season, and also that he was pleased to be working again with Michelle Forbes (Ro Laren), who plays Cain on Battlestar Galactica.
Cain returns in Razor, a Galactica-era movie that will be released with additional footage on DVD just after it airs. The storyline will follow the Battlestar Pegasus and its effects on Galactica. In a second part of the iF Magazine interview, Moore said that the writers were hoping to bring back the Cylon played by Lucy Lawless and promised "some significant if not Earth-shattering changes that are going to be happening" within the Cylon world. Moore also said that original Battlestar Galactica star Richard Hatch, who has been a recurring guest star on the revival series, will be back for the season next year.
Source: Trek Today

Hm...a good sound system will already let you feel the sound of an explosion (U-571 in DTS shakes the room in the big depth-charge scenes) and as far as smell-o-vision goes...if it ever came to pass, I think I'd want the ability to "mute" that feature. :D

You can feel the shaking. But not the heat. :D

I really like my Klipsch Reference series speakers for my home theater system. They're very musical (thus satisfying my audiophile needs) and do an equally terrific job at home theater work. So they cover the A/V territory very well.

You need more than one pre-amp?

20 episodes, 2 years?

One of the other blogs at Multichannel.com is reporting that BSG's fourth season is likely to not start until February '08, with the 20 episodes being split into two groups of ten, and the last ten not airing - or at least completing - until Spring '09.

Chicago Tribune's Maureen ("Mo") Ryan (via Ain't It Cool News) reports that SCI FI Channel may be planning to spool out those final Battlestar Galactica episodes - all the way to 2009.

The fourth and farewell season of the Peabody award-winning Battlestar was expected to launch sometime during 1Q '08. (The two-hour Battlestar tv movie prequel, Razor, premieres November 24.)

According to Ryan, Battlestar actors appearing onstage at Atlanta's DragonCon over the Labor Day weekend spilled, saying that the twenty-episode season will be split into two blocks. The first half of the final season will launch February '08 but the back half won't be coming up for air until February '09 - at least according to reports filtering out from the con.

Naturally, the message boards on Ain't It Cool went bonkers.

Ryan spoke with SCI FI Channel's executive vice president Mark Stern who confirmed that the network was planning some sort of split but gave no further details.

Ryan's reaction? "Nearly a year will have passed between regular-season episodes by the time Season 4 debuts. If we have to wait another year between the first half of Season 4 and the final batch of episodes, I have one word for you: Arrrgh."

Okay - it's the midwestern, Irish sisterhood here. May I join "Mo" in a banshee wail - noooooooo! February 2009 is just too, too long of a hiatus. Haven't television networks learned any lessons from the Jericho debacle when the hiatus between fresh episodes threw a wrench into the momentum?

Say it isn't so. Fracking A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts