BUSTED! Deflategate: Pats deliberately did it!

Being objective here... key work was "probable" since they'd didn't have any tangible evidence to make a firm conclusion.
You can't throw the book on someone on mere suspicion.

IF we were talking about getting caught for "cheating" ONCE, I would agree. But this is a 2nd offense with the face of the league stating he had nothing to do with it or knew nothing about it.

Well deflategate didnt have any effect on the Dolphins...they still stuck out the bottom of the AFC :third
Homer_Angry.gif

Let me see if I have my facts straight...the Patriots beat the Colts 45-7 in the January 18 AFC title game and the sole reason--generated by the cry-baby losers, no doubt--was due to the balls being deflated by a pound or two. LMAO! Why does anyone even care? It wasn't like this game was close nor the infraction, if there was one, so outrageous as to have had a material effect on the outcome. 45-7 for crying-out-loud! BTW, didn't the Pats then beat Seattle, the leagues best defensive team, in the Super Bowl with fully inflated balls? I'm sure some donut eaters out there are busy concocting more ways the Pats cheated and/or blaming the refs.

If people wanna find something to be outraged about, how about the fact there was practically no discussion, nary a word, about The Masters, the Kentucky Derby, UFC 129 or even the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight (boxing's biggest event in the past 20-years) here in the Sports Forum. Yet, a NASCAR thread gets sticky'd for 11-months out of the year in addition to people speculating in the NFL Draft thread that nobody, and I mean nobody, should care about since 95+% of the players drafted are out of the NFL in 2-3 years, and without much of an impact. This is a Sports Forum isn't it? Or is a whine, bitch and moan arm-chair quarterback forum in which we discuss which NBA player is being sued for back child support, NFL player caught with drugs while beating girlfriend, MLB player popped using Vitamin S or for drunk driving, which soon-to-be turds (more likely than not) win the draft lottery, who died, and debating whether Ryan Lear or Brian Bosworth was a bigger draft failure?

Folks, pickup a barbell...grab a pair of dumbbells...punch the heavy bag...hit some fly-balls to a kid with your Fungo (you do have a Fungo...right?) and then come back to the forums when you have some testosterone surging through your veins. I think we need to check to see if our own balls are under-inflated if all we can talk about in the Sports Forum is "Ballgate" and other such nonsense while completely ignoring the broad spectrum of sports and athletics. ;)

Anyway, I hope didn't offend anyone...perhaps I shouldn't post immediately after doing super-sets and drop-sets at the gym. :oops:

Reactions: madmadworld
Let me see if I have my facts straight...the Patriots beat the Colts 45-7 in the January 18 AFC title game and the sole reason--generated by the cry-baby losers, no doubt--was due to the balls being deflated by a pound or two. LMAO! Why does anyone even care? It wasn't like this game was close nor the infraction, if there was one, so outrageous as to have had a material effect on the outcome. 45-7 for crying-out-loud! BTW, didn't the Pats then beat Seattle, the leagues best defensive team, in the Super Bowl with fully inflated balls? I'm sure some donut eaters out there are busy concocting more ways the Pats cheated and/or blaming the refs.

If people wanna find something to be outraged about, how about the fact there was practically no discussion, nary a word, about The Masters, the Kentucky Derby, UFC 129 or even the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight (boxing's biggest event in the past 20-years) here in the Sports Forum. Yet, a NASCAR thread gets sticky'd for 11-months out of the year in addition to people speculating in the NFL Draft thread that nobody, and I mean nobody, should care about since 95+% of the players drafted are out of the NFL in 2-3 years, and without much of an impact. This is a Sports Forum isn't it? Or is a whine, bitch and moan arm-chair quarterback forum in which we discuss which NBA player is being sued for back child support, NFL player caught with drugs while beating girlfriend, MLB player popped using Vitamin S or for drunk driving, which soon-to-be turds (more likely than not) win the draft lottery, who died, and debating whether Ryan Lear or Brian Bosworth was a bigger draft failure?

Folks, pickup a barbell...grab a pair of dumbbells...punch the heavy bag...hit some fly-balls to a kid with your Fungo (you do have a Fungo...right?) and then come back to the forums when you have some testosterone surging through your veins. I think we need to check to see if our own balls are under-inflated if all we can talk about in the Sports Forum is "Ballgate" and other such nonsense while completely ignoring the broad spectrum of sports and athletics. ;)
l
Anyway, I hope didn't offend anyone...perhaps I shouldn't post immediately after doing super-sets and drop-sets at the gym. :oops:

Finally another intelligent mate in this thread. Hats off sir! :onstrike

Personally, I prefer to discuss the games ... most of the off field stuff I could care lass about, including the Deflate gate.
As for NASCAR, if ya don't want to discuss it, thats fine, some do and some don't ... I for one am glad its stickied.

I don't have an interest in alot of the things you mentioned but thats OK, if others are interested, start the conversation and have at it.

Any one should be able to discuss any sports here.

I agree with your first paragraph entirely.

Really? "My dad can beat up your dad!" "Mine is bigger than yours". My initial post was not the violation, but the conflict of interest between Goodell and Kraft....but that would mean reading and comprehension was applied.

I highly doubt that Kraft and Rog are as close as people think. Kraft basically kicked him to the curb during the lockout and he and some other owners finished the deal. If you have read or heard what Kraft has been saying over the past few months I'm sure he'd like Rog out on his ass.

To say busted is also a vast overstatement, the con man Ted Wells concluded that "it is more probable than not" that balls were even deflated purposely let alone Brady had any involvement in it.

Of course no one mentions that somehow the Colts only had 4 of their balls tested and 3 of them were under the psi limit.

I love Gronk's reaction and I think he speaks for most sensible fans.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/5/6/8563257/rob-gronkowski-deflategate-deez-nuts-video

Reactions: Rey
I've read the report carefully now, a couple of things stick out.

Preponderance of the evidence is the standard in small claims Court, so it is a measurement recognized to make a legal judgement and to establish punishment. There does not have to be smoking gun.

I am disappointed that Brady certainly appears to be involved, and a little surprised the report while not definitive in guilt for those involved, was very clear Belichick and Coaches and owners were in no way involved or knew about it. Not surprised they were not involved, only that the report was clear to say so. That tells me at no time is was anything whatsoever revealed in texts, or any other way linking them to it. At the time of the press conferences it was universally remarked that Belichick did seem very believable, and certainly seemed to honestly not know anything about it, while Brady did not.

While I think we are talking about a matter of ounces, literally, and there can be no doubt other or even all other quarterbacks have the football inflated to their specs and those specs may also be outside the range of what the league allows, (See remarks of the Green Bay QB), there is one very big difference.
It appears this was done after the final inspection of the referees. There is no indication any other team changes the inflation after the referee certifies they meet the standard.
To me even if the Patriots changed the amount of inflation and it was still within the limits allowed by the NFL they still would be tampering by doing it after the footballs were certified for the game play. That one fact trumps all else, they appear to have literally cheated by breaking the rule of making any changes at all after they are allowed to. The fact that it is improbable they won any games because of doing this really isn't the issue. The fact that Brady actually was far better with the properly inflated footballs does not matter. The fact that the referees don't even write down their pressure checks, to show what they were when they checked the footballs is mind boggling if few ounces is this important. But it isn't because a few ounces is that important, it's that changes were made at all at when the Patriots knew it was against league policy to do so.

I was long winded in the previous post so wanted to add punishment separately. If Brady is punished it will be because he lied, not only about not knowing about it but also saying he did not know one of the two who were directly involved. He did know him very well and there is proof of that. However the crux of the involvement of Brady is murky, I don't think it can be determined he actually told them to do it after the footballs are certified, but it just as the report says, it looks that way. That is why I think the punishment will be based on lying to the league more so than his actual involvement.

Really? "My dad can beat up your dad!" "Mine is bigger than yours". My initial post was not the violation, but the conflict of interest between Goodell and Kraft....but that would mean reading and comprehension was applied.

"My Dad's stronger" .."No my dad's strong"
"my car's newer"...."no my car's newer".
"my wife's bigger" "no my wife's bigger!"

:blah:sleepy

Duh they knew what they were doing and should be a harsh suspension but we all know Brady and all them will get a slap on the wrist!! :D ;) :)

Duh they knew what they were doing and should be a harsh suspension but we all know Brady and all them will get a slap on the wrist!! :D ;) :)

The slap would merit the crime. This is a nothing issue. But caught cheating AGAIN and the most polished name in the name lying(according to the Golden Boy, he had and knew NOTHING about it)...if you do nothing, the little credibility that Goodell has is completely gone and he is just coddling to his buddy Kraft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)