BUSTED! Deflategate: Pats deliberately did it!

I still don't get what's the big deal about this non story. Brady may get a game or two on "probable" cause but that's it. This whole thing is just hate driven. What bothers me is that none of this was needed for the Pats to win yet it happened and will always be brought up by some.

I'll give Goodell a call and see if this one can just be swept under the rug.

Cheating is still cheating though. Repeat cheating by the same party is even worse. If nothing is done, then what happens to the next cheater that does make a difference?

I've noticed that the Pat faithful are no longer denying the cheating, just saying that it doesn't matter.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Cheating is still cheating though. Repeat cheating by the same party is even worse. If nothing is done, then what happens to the next cheater that does make a difference?

I've noticed that the Pat faithful are no longer denying the cheating, just saying that it doesn't matter.

...and the 'face of the league/top franchise' LYING that you didn't cheat is just as bad. I totally AGREE with you Rey that is had no baring on the game, but this is a "repeat offender" type of situation....AND they are supposed to be the 'class' or 'exemplary team of the league'.

Teacher catches a student cheating and he argues that he should still get the 80 score he would have gotten if he hadn't of cheated instead of the zero the teacher gave him. Student was a Patriots fan. Now giving the student an 80 would have been turning a blind eye to the cheating. The NFL should have taken the win away from the Pats and inserted their opponent in the next round of the playoff. Instead they reward the cheating. Why? Goodell is a Patriots fan.

The balls were deflated so that brady could grip them better and not fumble in the rain. I guess if he had fumbled every play it wouldn't have mattered.

Considering the witch hunt that's been on going, it's very appropriate that TB12's first public appearance was in Salem

Reactions: Hart5150

Where did you get that? Every single Pats fan I know, including myself have pointed out the inconsistencies with the Wells report.

Considering the witch hunt that's been on going, it's very appropriate that TB12's first public appearance was in Salem

I laugh. The hatred and jealousy is just awesome.

It's funny how the Mueller report comes out and it clears Godell of his actions in the Ray Rice case and every screams Bullsh!t, but these same people take the Wells report as gospel. I guess whatever fits their agenda.

Where did you get that? Every single Pats fan I know, including myself have pointed out the inconsistencies with the Wells report.
From comments like "witchhunt", that they would have won anyway, and
I laugh. The hatred and jealousy is just awesome.
The defense is no longer that they didn't cheat, only that it's doesn't matter or "inconsistencies". Reminds me of the Clinton defense for his perjury. Just replace "hatred and jealousy" with "right wing conspiracy".

Aaron Rodgers admitted to doing this and so have many Qb's in the past. All I'm saying is this isn't that big of a deal. It's only being hyped up because of who was "caught". I'm sure many before this incident didn't even know the rule existed.

Aaron Rodgers admitted to doing this and so have many Qb's in the past. All I'm saying is this isn't that big of a deal. It's only being hyped up because of who was "caught". I'm sure many before this incident didn't even know the rule existed.
but the people who put a needle to the ball to release air after it had the pressure had been inspected knew about it, and knowingly broke the rule.

Like I said, the defense is no longer we didn't cheat, but that it didn't matter. Thanks for further proving my statement.

but the people who put a needle to the ball to release air after it had the pressure had been inspected knew about it, and knowingly broke the rule.

Like I said, the defense is no longer we didn't cheat, but that it didn't matter. Thanks for further proving my statement.

Where has it been proven or that anyone has admitted to deflating any balls after the supposed inspection by the referee?

Text messages in October prove that something was done in January? The whole report is a gigantic reach.

Why were only 4 Colts footballs tested at halftime especially after 3 of them were under allowed PSI?

Ok so may I ask, do you agree with the rule?
Personally I don't care one way or the other about the rule. I've never been a quarterback (played linebacker in high school), so really don't know the difference.
Nor do I care about the videotaping rule, to me that is just "scouting".

But I do agree that rules should be followed, and knowingly breaking them (especially repeatedly) should be punished.

Where has it been proven or that anyone has admitted to deflating any balls after the supposed inspection by the referee?

Text messages in October prove that something was done in January? The whole report is a gigantic reach.

Why were only 4 Colts footballs tested at halftime especially after 3 of them were under allowed PSI?

People only want to talk about the patriots. I realize the history is part of the reason but I'm sure any other team would not be getting this much attention. I'm not defending the Pats either being a Dolphin fan but I try to be reasonable about everything.

Reactions: BillD1984
Personally I don't care one way or the other about the rule. I've never been a quarterback (played linebacker in high school), so really don't know the difference.
Nor do I care about the videotaping rule, to me that is just "scouting".

But I do agree that rules should be followed, and knowingly breaking them (especially repeatedly) should be punished.

Ok, So the colts should be punished and the packers.

OK...let me play devil's advocate to the Witch Hunt theory. There are TWO players in this league that the NFL CANNOT afford having controversy of any kind: Brady and Manning. AND at the position that is THE most protected in the NFL by owner, rules committee and even schedule. The league...nope, that THIS guy. Fans, I can definitely see it.

Ah Rey, but there is the magic word... ADMITTED. Brady has not only admitting to not being involved AND not knowing a thing, but he even stated he didn't know the two equipment manager....and he was texting with one of them.

Ah Rey, but there is the magic word... ADMITTED. Brady has not only admitting to not being involved AND not knowing a thing, but he even stated he didn't know the two equipment manager....and he was texting with one of them.
That I agree is the main issue. Had he just been upfront about it, the backlash would be less. Being the patriots you'd still see some shaking their fist in the air.

That I agree is the main issue. Had he just been upfront about it, the backlash would be less. Being the patriots you'd still see some shaking their fist in the air.

There would be NO BACKLASH and it would have been describe as "his competitive edge" or some corny cliche....and it would be over. JUST LIKE when they pulled that lining up a WR on the OL and a OL in the slot. A little blurb for a couple of days and done with.

Like I said, the league will need to come down hard because if not, the OTHER will cry favoritism because of the Goodell/Kraft relationship.

PREDICTION: League will fine the team for cash. Brady suspended for 6 games, he will appeal and get a 2 game suspension.

in ADDITION: They will require the Pats to fire those two equipment managers, but I think they will be sent off with a VERY NICE severance package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)