BUSTED! Deflategate: Pats deliberately did it!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
You're more gun-ho over this non-issue than most Pats fans were when the Pats won the Superbowl.
God help us the day the Raiders win it! :whoo

Really? THAT route? It's not the breaking of the rule...WHICH IT IS THERE, it's the "I did nothing press conference" and the "I don't know who those guys are" throwing under the bus thing.

I bet the ownersh said, if Brady had said "yeah, I did it..." there is no investigation, no controversy and no questioning of Kraft's friendship with the commish...end of story.

But you can continue to go that 'Raiders aren't the Pats' route... I would not expect it any other way.:rolleyes:

stmcld

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 24, 2008
Henderson KY
This is EXACTLY the point. AND, if it was not such a big issue, then WHY is it a rule in the rule book in the first place.

I get that and if the NFL decides a rule was broken or if anyone lied, punish them. I am OK with that. But I am willing to wager that was kind of action is probably happening everywhere to make the QB happy. Everyone is looking for a competitive edge. Gaylord Perry had one just by his pitching and making batters thinking he would throw a spitball. How many times was he ejected? Teams will sometimes heavily water the base paths to slow down a team with speed. Used to be that some teams would keep baseballs in a cooler before they gave them to the ump because they thought that might help them. What about a team that would keep the grass high because they thought that might help?

IMO, this is more about people hating the Pats than anything else and for many within the NFL, after the punishment of the Saints, Falcons, and others, to see and demand punishment for a very successful team and player. That I understand.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I get that and if the NFL decides a rule was broken or if anyone lied, punish them. I am OK with that. But I am willing to wager that was kind of action is probably happening everywhere to make the QB happy. Everyone is looking for a competitive edge. Gaylord Perry had one just by his pitching and making batters thinking he would throw a spitball. How many times was he ejected? Teams will sometimes heavily water the base paths to slow down a team with speed. Used to be that some teams would keep baseballs in a cooler before they gave them to the ump because they thought that might help them. What about a team that would keep the grass high because they thought that might help?

IMO, this is more about people hating the Pats than anything else and for many within the NFL, after the punishment of the Saints, Falcons, and others, to see and demand punishment for a very successful team and player. That I understand.

Gaylord Perry was thrown out every time he was caught doctoring the ball. There is no rule in the MLB for "pretending" to doctor the ball.
There are no rules for over watering the base paths or letting the grass grow taller for older infielders(as the Cubs you to do)... BUT, there ARE rules about doctoring footballs.

Look, I HATED the "Tuck Rule" more than ANYONE...but as STUPID as it was, it was there...in the rule book. Is the crime itself bad...? Hell no. But the lying that you had nothing to do with it and didn't know those involve with deflating the footballs...that MAYBE is the reason the league is having an issue...and well as the friendship between the commish and Kraft.

Finally, you PROVED my point. IF Brady would have admitted it because he used the 'being a very competitive person', they writers would have kissed his ass even more than the God like status he already has, if that was even possible. I can hear it now, "...even in the final stages of his career, the competitive fires still burn inside.....yada, yada, yada...."

Hart5150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2004
Temple, Pa
Sure, we should all go around admitting to stuff we didn't do. How effing crazy is that.

I guess some people here didn't read the Wells report, who keep making the same argument that is simply not true. Brady did not say he didn't know both of the ball guys, he said he didn't know one of them and there are ZERO texts between the 2 of them.(Brady and McNally)

Tom Brady is Roger Goodell's WHITE whale.

Last edited:

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
If you want to talk about the Pats propensity to circumvent the rules and "push the envelope", I'm with you all day long. But any talk of them winning because of deflated balls is pure and unmitigated BS!! Look no further than Brady's 1st and 2nd half stat splits in the AFCCG if you need further proof.
Those unconventional "legal" formations that the Pats used against the Ravens was pure genius,the network sports announcers didn't even realize what was going on. Harbaugh is just jealous because he didn't think of it first. I was cheering for the Seahawks during the last Super Bowl,but the better team won.
As far a "Deflategate" goes,it's much ado about nothing.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Wow, I'm shocked....Double the suspension I predicted for Brady and I didn't see those kinds of punishments for the organization....

The NFL has suspended New England Patriots quarterback four games for his role in deflating football for the AFC Championship Game, the league said in a statement Monday.

The Patriots will also lose a first-round pick in 2016 and a fourth-round pick in 2017 and have been fined $1 million.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ed-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-deflategate

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
And in related news: Tom Brady has announced his departure from the NFL to become a starting QB for the Boston PowderPuffs in the brand new Nerf football league.

dewzan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2006
Iowa
several players have repeatedly circumvented the players dress code. No suspensions. The catch dude from Giants made last year he would of NEVER caught without rubberized gloves. No comment from League. Pats let air out of footballs 4 game suspension. BS

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
I always try to look at the bright side of things. If Jimmy G. can tow the line and lead the Pats to a 2-2 or even 3-1 record, Brady comes back, and him Belichick go all 2007 on the NFL, but this time sealing the deal!! How friggin' sweet would that be with Goodell presenting the trophy to Kraft, BB and Brady?? OMG, I'm salivating just thinking about the possibility!!

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I am always amused when people who stick their toe over the line and have it stomped on scream bloody murder as if they had never done anything to deserve what they get. I find it even more amusing watching the reaction of loyal friends/followers/fans screaming about fairness. 1) Don't break a rule. 2) If you break a rule, don't get caught. 3) If you get caught take your punishment like a man and stop your whining!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I am surprised about the 4 games AND the loss of a 1st round pick ... how many 1st round picks do they (did they) have next year ?

Personally like I said before, I can't believe they will allow Brady to Not be on the field for the Opening game of they year in Prime time ...
I can see Brady/Pats appealing it as the first week of the season approaches, thus allowing him to play in game 1 and I can see the games dropped down to 1.

The 1st round pick may be a Big deal if they don't have any others.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
If only Brady beat the crap out of his wife (caught on film, no less) he would have only got two games. Instead he gets 4 games have deflating a football (oh yeah, I don't remember seeing any elevator video of this ALLEGED offense). The National Football League.....where ALLEGED equipment tampering violations is > than beating a woman senseless ON VIDEOTAPE!! Wow, great stewardship the NFL has!!

Reactions: dfergie

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
If only Brady beat the crap out of his wife (caught on film, no less) he would have only got two games. Instead he gets 4 games have deflating a football (oh yeah, I don't remember seeing any elevator video of this ALLEGED offense). The National Football League.....where ALLEGED equipment tampering violations is > than beating a woman senseless ON VIDEOTAPE!! Wow, great stewardship the NFL has!!
Ya thats right, where is TMZ, they are ALWAYS there to spread any BS they can .... maybe it will show up in another few months.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
CEw3AsyUkAAnnQM.jpg

Reactions: Kraven and Hart5150

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I am surprised about the 4 games AND the loss of a 1st round pick ... how many 1st round picks do they (did they) have next year ?

Personally like I said before, I can't believe they will allow Brady to Not be on the field for the Opening game of they year in Prime time ...
I can see Brady/Pats appealing it as the first week of the season approaches, thus allowing him to play in game 1 and I can see the games dropped down to 1.

The 1st round pick may be a Big deal if they don't have any others.

I was not surprised by the games or the fine. I thought it would be more. I WAS surprised by the loss of draft picks.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
I am always amused when people who stick their toe over the line and have it stomped on scream bloody murder as if they had never done anything to deserve what they get. I find it even more amusing watching the reaction of loyal friends/followers/fans screaming about fairness. 1) Don't break a rule. 2) If you break a rule, don't get caught. 3) If you get caught take your punishment like a man and stop your whining!
I know it's funny how it progresses

1) We didn't cheat, it's all lies.
2) Okay, we broke the rules, but we still would have won
3) We got caught breaking the rules again, but shouldn't be punished
4) Wahhhh, we got punished for breaking the rules again, it's so unfair :(

Here's an idea, follow the rules, and don't intentionally break them.
And if you get caught, deal with it.

Reactions: TNGTony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts