BUSTED! Deflategate: Pats deliberately did it!

I think Perry was never ejected until his 21st year. I doubt if he was ejected many more after that. But the point is, it made his opponents think and in many ways, that gave him an advantage. .All players and teams want a competitive advantage. I would also argue there are rules for almost everything in baseball and that field conditions are in section 3.06-3.16 and you will see many rules that are broken all of the time. But, I am off topic.

My point is and remains, there is ZERO evidence that Brady knew this was going on and in reading the report, at least sections, the biggest condemnation by the NFL was a lack of cooperation from Brady. In other words, the lying they allege.

I stand somewhat corrected. He WAS suspended when caught, but he was not caught until late in his career...and then suspended... IRONICALLY, for using a ball that was scuffed. No one really knows if it was done BY HIM or before him...but he was found guilty due to history and reputation.

Sound familiar...?

Technically speaking, he wasn’t ejected for throwing a spitball. He was technically ejected for being the pitcher on the mound when a scuffed ball was in play. They couldn’t officially prove the scuffing came before or after the most recent pitch. Not that it makes any difference. When the ump ran Perry, the veteran pitcher departed without a protest. It ain’t like any umpire was going to un-eject him, anyway.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/tht-live/30th-anniversary-gaylord-perry-finally-busted/

I stand somewhat corrected. He WAS suspended when caught, but he was not caught until late in his career...and then suspended... IRONICALLY, for using a ball that was scuffed. No one really knows if it was done BY HIM or before him...but he was found guilty due to history and reputation.

Sound familiar...?

http://www.hardballtimes.com/tht-live/30th-anniversary-gaylord-perry-finally-busted/
OFF TOPIC!!!
I remember reading about that game from the umpires point of view and he didn't think it was that big of a deal to eject Gaylord for a scuffed ball. After the game, he was led into the packed press area and he found out that was the first time Gaylord had ever been ejected for an offense like that. I think I read that in one of Ron Luciano's books.

A perfect example of why Goodell will NOT get fired:

...While Kraft is viewed as having great influence in the league, the reality is Goodell has 31 other bosses, many of whom haven’t had the kind of recent success the Patriots have...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/jerry-jones-praises-roger-goodell-and-his-fairness/

JJ is one of the biggest mouths amongst the owners...and with alot of pull. IF anyone was set that this was an NFL "witch hunt", you now know who lead the charge.

I feel dirty now DEFENDING Goodell. I think I need to take a shower.

I don't think it is a witch hunt and the Patriots to a large degree have no one to blame but themselves and their past behavior. Brady however, different story IMO and I think his punishment is way to harsh unless they have proof he lied.

A perfect example of why Goodell will NOT get fired:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/jerry-jones-praises-roger-goodell-and-his-fairness/

JJ is one of the biggest mouths amongst the owners...and with alot of pull. IF anyone was set that this was an NFL "witch hunt", you now know who lead the charge.

I feel dirty now DEFENDING Goodell. I think I need to take a shower.
Jerry Jones will defend Goodell, UNTIL he comes after one of HIS players.

@AdamSchefter: Commissioner Roger Goodell will preside over the appeal of New England quarterback Tom Brady, per @Edwerderespn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting development with Goodell hearing the appeal. Who knows, Brady might end up getting more than 4 games when it's all said and done... ;)

@AdamSchefter: Commissioner Roger Goodell will preside over the appeal of New England quarterback Tom Brady, per @Edwerderespn.

I never understood how the person that handed down the punishment could also be the one that heard an appeal, seems like a waste of breath.

Postseason hero Dave 'Hendu' Henderson dies at 57...R.I.P

Bobby Dews, longtime Braves coach, dies at 76...R.I.P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts