Camo corner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
would like to start a new thread called camo corner. I bet you didn't see that one coming. the best way to hide our satellite dish and still make it useful.

Dan Rose

Next solid dish I put up is looking like this:

ForumRunner_20130723_220011.png

I just need to decide on black or magenta!

[FONT=&amp]I would like to paint my GeoSat 90cm and 7.5’ mesh to blend in more with the shrubbery. Will painting the surface of the dish create any performance issues? Would the paint cause the dish to be less reflective? I was under the impression the factory paint was specially formulated for parabolic surfaces.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I would like to paint my GeoSat 90cm and 7.5’ mesh to blend in more with the shrubbery. Will painting the surface of the dish create any performance issues? Would the paint cause the dish to be less reflective? I was under the impression the factory paint was specially formulated for parabolic surfaces.[/FONT]

No, any common paint is fine, and will not affect your performance, just don't want it so glossy that it reflects a lot of light (heat) back to your feed.

Dan,

I could be wrong. But I could not find any of your dish's with camo?

Dan,

I could be wrong. But I could not find any of your dish's with camo?

I would like to see that myself....where does one look to see Dan's examples?

PSB has some awesome dish painting examples on YouTube and stills on his web site. Pretty talented reflector painter!

Love many of the examples, but not sure if I would want to focus my neighbors attention on my dishes. I am still trying to simply master a spray can application with a single color that is free of runs! :D

the fake directv logo on my dish is camouflage from a distance looks the same as a slime untill you get close up to see it.

?Dan Rose

SatAV's dark grey disappears nicely in front of foliage.
My fiberglass (composite) dish was painted army green a few years ago after I was asked several times what that large white thing is in the yard. It is right in front of a row of evergreen trees. Blends in really well winter and summer, and no more comments.
I used to say I use it for tracking Clarke Belt Objects when people would ask...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts