can Dish do powerline networking?

The Broadband setup or the Dishcomm setup?

Broadband setup is all you need to set.

Dishcomm is a setting that allows multiple receives in your house to share the phoneline with each other so you don't need to have a phoneline in every room that has a receiver.
Dishcomm uses the homeplug technology but you do not need to do anything with dishcomm to use the homeplug technology (Sling link) for broadband.

Broadband setup is all you need to set.

Dishcomm is a setting that allows multiple receives in your house to share the phoneline with each other so you don't need to have a phoneline in every room that has a receiver.
Dishcomm uses the homeplug technology but you do not need to do anything with dishcomm to use the homeplug technology (Sling link) for broadband.

i sit corrected! I forgot about that other use for it. :(

(goes into corner and bangs head)

Since you won't have an ethernet connection at the Dish receiver it woud serve no purpose. Just need to find one that is HomePlug compatable.

Has anyone tried using the DLink DHP-307AV 200Mbps HomePlug 2.0. I know the 722K has it built in but it only handles 85mbps Homeplug 1.0. but I was able to use the second plug to attach to the Ethernet adapter on the back of the 722K and I was able to get online. The only problems that I've had was to try and activate my DVR through the DISH online web access. It keeps saying that my DVR is not connected to the internet but I go back and see that it is working. Also, I've seen issues where trying to access certain FREE content online will reboot the receiver both accessing from the main unit and from my secondary remote TV. Has anyone else seen these issues?

I have two 211 receivers hooked into my home network using Netgear PLC adapters. Lan connections test at over 60 Mbps. Works fine and both my receivers can call home and be used to order PPV.

I am a big fan of the PLC technology and am migrating many of my networked devices away from WiFi. PLC is more stable and less trouble to keep on line.

You can often pick up factory refurbished adapters at Amazon for $30.

I have two 211 receivers hooked into my home network using Netgear PLC adapters. Lan connections test at over 60 Mbps. Works fine and both my receivers can call home and be used to order PPV.

I am a big fan of the PLC technology and am migrating many of my networked devices away from WiFi. PLC is more stable and less trouble to keep on line.

You can often pick up factory refurbished adapters at Amazon for $30.

or, brand new for $32 from dishstore.net....

THE VIP RECEIVERS HAVE IT BUILT IN!! that is what DishComm is all about! That is, after all, what you were asking about in the first place.

Buy ONE sling adapter, plug it into the wall near the router.
plug the router into it.
make appropriate adjustments in the DishComm and Broadband menu on the satellite receiver.
Enjoy.

You've found Satelliteguys. NO reason to read any other site for Dish information.

I have a VIP722 and VIP612. Currently I have the VIP612 linked into my home network via a couple of SlingLink Turbos (one at the receiver and one at my router). I have toyed with the idea of adding another SlingLink Turbo at my VIP722 in order to gain access to the "My DVR" feature via the "Remote Access" link at my Dish Network website page.

However, reading this thread causes me to think I can accomplish the following (please correct/confirm my thinking!):

1) I could eliminate the current SlingLink Turbo at my VIP612 and simply plug the VIP612 directly into the wall to accomplish the same functionality as I have today (the SlingLink Turbo at my router would "see" the VIP612 without the need for a second SlingLink Turbo)?

2) If #1 is correct, also plug in my VIP722 and its "MyDVR functionality" would also become "visible".

3) Or...if the above possibilities are not possible (i.e., if one uses the SlingLink Turbo approach a dedicated SlingLink Turbo is also required at each Dish VIP receiver), then could I get one of the Dish Network SlingLink TURBO W1 SL300-100 units, swap out the current SlingLink Turbo at my router with it, plug both VIP receivers directly into wall outlets, and gain full "Remote Access"?

Appreciate the direction/guidance!

get a sling link or two from your installer then menu 6 1 8 broadband connectivity will set you up. Fyi what is downloaded does not take storage space but will only stay on the box for a certain length of time.

I've answered my own question(s) and will post for others who might benefit... I discovered both of my VIP receivers are now accessible with full "My DVR capability" within the Dish Remote Access menu item by simply plugging them directly into a wall outlet and using (just) one SlingLink Turbo device at my router. I had previously used a second SlingLink Turbo device at my 625DVR to enable this functionality but as others have indicated...VIP receivers- plugged directly into wall sockets and one SlingLink (or other HomePlug device I would imagine) at the router gets the job done.

Yes, only 1 Powerline Broadband Connector is needed at the router, here are the instructions

Connect To Broadband - DISH Network

The 2nd example titled "Connect using a SlingLink connector" is what you want. After you connect your broadband to the outlet you need to unplug your receivers for 10 seconds.

Dish sells the Powerline Broadband Connector for $30 w/free shipping.

I can not post a direct link because you need to be logged in to find it,

Log into your Dish account->My Account->Order From Store-> Powerline Broadband Connector

Jordan

Time to bring a thread back from the dead...

One new twist I have discovered. If you have multiple accounts at one address, the different receivers won't/can't Dishcomm with each other. Boy is that a real bummer!!!

But on the good side. You don't have to worry about your neighbor using your connection or stuff like that.