Can Duo node be mounted outside, protected from weather?

rharkins

SatelliteGuys Guru
Mar 8, 2006
Kansas City, MO USA
I'm thinking of switching to a Hopper. My existing install has two RG6s from the dish running down the side of the house. At the basement level they split to go inside: one directly to a TV in a bedroom, and the other to a wiring closet. This cable was installed before the basement was finished, so I can't make changes.

If I install the duo node in the wiring closet, I'd need to run an additional RG6 around the outside of the house. I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

The two existing RG6s run into the house under a cantilevered section of the house, so it it protected from weather. Could I ask the installer to put the duo node outside, underneath the overhang? I could then use the existing cables to feed the Hopper and the Joey.

Just put it in a waterproof box or seal up all potential cracks and crevices in the node with some good old silicone. I prefer a nice, sealed up, water proof box, if things are outside. Wind, etc... always seems to help rain get where you don't want it.

Mine is inside, but that is just because that is the way I wired the house.

Nodes are water tight, no additional protection needed. They are made to be mounted outside and grounded

As long as the cables run down from the ports, connectors are of the proper type, terminated correctly, and torqued, don't worry about it. And besides, it's free to you anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts