Can I buy Hallmark Movie Channel??...

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
I'm a AT180 customer and want to add Hallmark Movie Channel. I know it's on Dish Family. I tried 1 CSR and they said no I just don't want to play CSR roulette if I can help it.

If I can't buy it does anyone know why?

Thanks

To answer your question, no you can't buy it outright. Dish does not offer it as a-la-cart, your choices (that I am aware of anyway) are as stated above or by adding the Dish Family package to your account

you cant add DishFamily if he already has a different package (AT120, 180, etc)

Sky Angel would be your only option in that case

Well isn't that rather stupid that a channel is only available in a downgraded programming package. THat's the first time I've seen that. What's the reasoning behind this ?

HD Gold

Hello:

I have JUST subscribed to Dish HD Gold and had it installed. On TV has the new HD DVR while the other TV has the regular DVR.

My wife asked about the Hallmark Movie Channel. Seems like that channel was offered on the paper channel guide for my regular DVR (if memory serves, it was channel 187 or so). The paper guide for the HD receiver did not list this channel.

Regardless, it would seem that the HD Gold would offer this channel since it contains most of the channels offered (except Platinum). However, when I tried to tune to that channel, it imediatly jumped to the next availiable channel (Soap Channel).

I would like to have this channel as well. Do not know what has to be done - but it would seem that "dumbing down" your package is a crazy way of getting availiable channels.

Am I missing something??

Hello:

I have JUST subscribed to Dish HD Gold and had it installed. On TV has the new HD DVR while the other TV has the regular DVR.

My wife asked about the Hallmark Movie Channel. Seems like that channel was offered on the paper channel guide for my regular DVR (if memory serves, it was channel 187 or so). The paper guide for the HD receiver did not list this channel.

Regardless, it would seem that the HD Gold would offer this channel since it contains most of the channels offered (except Platinum). However, when I tried to tune to that channel, it imediatly jumped to the next availiable channel (Soap Channel).

I would like to have this channel as well. Do not know what has to be done - but it would seem that "dumbing down" your package is a crazy way of getting availiable channels.

Am I missing something??

The Hallmark Channel has been a part of the normal dish lineup; on 185. Hallmark Movie Channel has only been part of the family plan (according to dishchannelchart.com).

If you go to the Dish Channel Card lineup (PDF) you'll see that Hallmark Movie is not listed.

But when I searched on Dish Family, I found this page. and it did not include Hallmark Movie Channel.

Perhaps you should call E* and ask for clarification; or email ceo@echostar.com and see what they say.

Unless you have a DVR this channel is not worth having with its ridiculous ad-to-program ratio (last time I checked it was six mins of commercials per ten minute movie segment).

The Hallmark Channel has been a part of the normal dish lineup; on 185. Hallmark Movie Channel has only been part of the family plan (according to dishchannelchart.com).

If you go to the Dish Channel Card lineup (PDF) you'll see that Hallmark Movie is not listed.

But when I searched on Dish Family, I found this page. and it did not include Hallmark Movie Channel.

Perhaps you should call E* and ask for clarification; or email ceo@echostar.com and see what they say.

This page says Hallmark Movie Channel is in Dish Family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts