Can I get Cable and DN?

gongura

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
I have a 311 receiver and saw that it has a Cable in/TV Ant Co-ax inout at the back. I do get the local channels through the cable at my place (something the cable company overlooked or don't care) . So I connected a coax from the wall to the reciever and on the 311 remote I selected TV/Video and viola I see the local channels. But my excitement was short lived since I could not change channels (the remote's channel up/down don't seem to have any effect). How do I change the channels when in the "TV" mode? Is there a 311 User manual I can download? The installer gave me a new 311 w/remote but no manual (and I paid $99). Appreciate any help on this!

you should be able to change the channel with the tv's remote.[/QUOTE]​

when I do that I do see the other channels but the sound is still of the channel 3 program.

Cable and DN

When I feed the cable directly to the TV I am able to see the channels with sound. How do I see and hear the cable channels using the 311 receiver. I connected the cable to the TV antenna/cable co-ax connection at the back of the receiver. I use my 311 remote to power on the TV and when I select TV and try changing channels I don't get anything.

ESPN2 HD will launch in January....

How to get local channels from another market?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)