Can I get rid of all the kids channels..

bantonb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 28, 2009
Florida
Is there a package I can choose so I don't have all the cartoon and other kids channels? I have been with Dish for almost 8 years and have watched maybe 5 minutes in total of those channels.

No.

If you have a modern receiver, you may be able to "hide" the channels you don't want to see by using a user defined list of channels you want to see.

IF I could remove ALL sports channels to save money I would do it , but that would call for ala-carte packs or just pick the channels you want, and we know that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Sadly that is how it is. I've long wished for some kind of theme pack where sports, kids, and reality channels can be pulled out. But as long as Viacom/Turner/Disney/Comcast can make more money by forcing us, that is what we get.

Set yourself up as a commercial account.(Not sure if you can even do it) They have themed packages for businesses. You're going to pay more but those are the only themed packages I've seen.

Set yourself up as a commercial account.(Not sure if you can even do it) They have themed packages for businesses. You're going to pay more but those are the only themed packages I've seen.
I wonder how you would go about setting up a commercial account, especially if you really didn't have a business?

I wonder how you would go about setting up a commercial account, especially if you really didn't have a business?

Generally, if you don't have a corporate Tax ID #, you are not a business/corporation.

On the other hand, why would Dish really care or not if one is a "business" ? More money for fewer channels ? Dish should JUMP at that....

This question has gone around and around with a fill in the blank. "Can I not subscribe to _______?" This is what the old OLN and ESPNU and a lot of these other disputes (usually sports related) have been about, subscriber penetration. How many of your subs will have access to our content? There are enough kids out there to garner a need to have them accessible to to the lowest priced tiers. In my opinion, if we went to a la carte, we would see many of these channels disappear very fast, and that's exactly what they are trying to avoid.

This question has gone around and around with a fill in the blank. "Can I not subscribe to _______?" This is what the old OLN and ESPNU and a lot of these other disputes (usually sports related) have been about, subscriber penetration. How many of your subs will have access to our content? There are enough kids out there to garner a need to have them accessible to to the lowest priced tiers. In my opinion, if we went to a la carte, we would see many of these channels disappear very fast, and that's exactly what they are trying to avoid.

well if the channel cant survive without being forced on people, then maybe it needs to change, or have the ability to charge more for tis service

ex: shopping channels - why cant they be put in a diff package, they can take a little of every sale to support themselves
why should i pay for them?

ex: shopping channels - why cant they be put in a diff package, they can take a little of every sale to support themselves
why should i pay for them?
News Bulletin for you...Shopping channels pay the providers to be on...like leasing store space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts