Can I use a Wireless Ethernet Bridge with the 722?

This is the bridge:

linksys_wet54gv2-400.jpg

An ethernet cable runs from this either directly to your DVR OR you can connect the ethernet cable to a switch:

M,92.png

And then you can connect the DVR and other networkable devices by ethernet cable to the switch.

All traffic over the switch will go to the bridge by ethernet cable and then the bridge will send the traffic wirelessly to your wireless access point.

Make any sense?

That does it. Thanks!

I have 1 running on a direct link from my Linksys router and the other I am using the Linksys Game wireless adapter that was made for Play Station 2 getting on the internet. You program it by first connecting to your computer and put in your network's info. Been using it for over a year without a hitch.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WGA11B-Wireless-B-Game-Adapter/dp/B0000AJVBW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1243214954&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Linksys WGA11B Wireless-B Game Adapter: Video Games[/ame]

Though it seems to be frowned upon, here it is anyway - a link to $10 Powerline POE sender and receiver. ECost's shipping is usually around $8, so for $18 you too could connect your Dish DVR to the internet.

eCOST.com-TRENDnet Wireless Powerline Access Point w/ Powerline USB Adapter Bundle - TPL-110AP - TRENDnet TPL-110AP (Wireless Networking) - eCOST.com - electronics, computers, laptops, mp3 players

Readers do not be confused by this link.

This is just for the powerline receivers and a TPL-111BR TRENDnet Wireless Powerline Router is required. At least another $80 or more. Most likely if your looking at Homeplug technologies then you already are using a router.

I would not recommend going with a router with built in Homeplug. Stick with a well supported router and any Homeplug 1.0 devices and make sure you read/research everything before you buy. (BTW, I wouldn't buy a TV with built in devices either, such as DVD or VCR.)

(I'm not bashing TRENDnet products here. We use TRENDnet USB network adpaters at work after testing every brand being sold at CDW and theirs best solved our problem of having to have a fast reliable backup NIC solution for our industial computers.)

Also PoE and Homeplug (Powerline) is not the same thing. PoE is sending power over twisted pairs. Most commonly used for commercial grade access points and office IP phones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)