can not get sat 129 to come in.

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
For the past month traveling in Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida and Mississippi I have not been able to get sat 129 to come in. I get good line of sight and sat 110 and 119 have signal strength above 60, but nothing on sat 129. The first time this happened I gave up and accepted the check switch results of lesser sats. this put 110 on space 1 and 119 on space 3 nothing on space 2 (of the results display). Since then that is all I can get. I have been doing this for the past 8 years and a little over a year on HD and never had so much problems.

Because I don't have the 129 sat I am not even sure what I am missing, it looks like all the shows we normally watch and record are fine. We don't do a lot of sports but do a lot of Discovery, HGTV, History, some SYFY and TNT and of course the NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX so should I really need to worry about sat 129? I thought it was my primary HD sat but that does not seem to be true.

We are thinking about switching to a Hopper would that have any bearing on it.

Nobody seems to want to answer your question. I am not an expert, but it sounds to me like your lnb is picking up the wrong sats. If you have a 3 LNB feedhorn, and you are not getting 129, but get 110 and 119. You probably got the 129 lnb picking up 119. So, you need to move the dish towards 129 a little bit.

Can't hurt. But I wonder if LNB or dish got damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If I had this problem-I would take the coax off the receiver and run a check switch-then hook it back up and re aim dish and then do a check switch again
FWIW Don
PS if you are doing most of your travelling on the East coast it might be easier to buy a Eastern Arc lnb??

Thanks to all for your help. I have tried covering the 110 and 119 lnbs and still get nothing. With the LNBS covered I tried adjusting the skew whit no results. My dish usually never get blown over, I have 2 large anchors holding it down, However it did take a dive during one very nasty storm, the LNB arm was loosened a bit and I thought I got it straightened back ok, actually I had forgotten it had actually happened. It happened once before in texas but a tech in South Dakota straighten it out.

It looks like it is past time for a new dish, we are heading back to the Charleston, SC area so I will order one and it sent to my daughter's house.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cover the two outside lnb with foil and see if you still have 119 via the center. If you have 110 then follow post #4, if it is 119 then there is some other problem.

Thanks garys, I will try that as soon as these rain storms are gone, it is a bit flooded around my rv at this time.

If I had this problem-I would take the coax off the receiver and run a check switch-then hook it back up and re aim dish and then do a check switch again
FWIW Don
PS if you are doing most of your travelling on the East coast it might be easier to buy a Eastern Arc lnb??

When you disconnect the dish and run check switch do you save the results, which will probably be no sats?

Try covering the 110 and 129 lnbs, tune in 119 with the 119 lnb and if your skew is correct you should have both 110 and 129 available after you remove the covering from their lnbs. If not, yes your dish may be damaged.

Try covering the 110 and 129 lnbs, tune in 119 with the 119 lnb and if your skew is correct you should have both 110 and 129 available after you remove the covering from their lnbs. If not, yes your dish may be damaged.
It could be the lnb or connection/wire between the two. Line of sight could cause problems, but doubtful since problem exists in several different locations unless all locations were not in range of 129.

Thank all of you for your helpful insight. I have not been able to try any of these suggestions as yet (time and weather), but will definitely do so next monday. We are moving back to a location in Goose Creek, SC that I have had no problem with getting all 3 sats in the past.

If I do need a new dish, any suggestions on where to purchase it and type of dish to buy. I am also needing a new tripod to mount it on, my current one is 8 years old and a little worse for ware.

Thanks again for all your help.

The difficulty has been solved, sort of. We moved to a new site in Goose Creek, SC and was able to get all sats with in approximately 10 minutes. So it is not my dish. I did follow a couple of suggestions one in particular was to run Check Switch without the disk connected and save the results. I then hooked up the dish locked in sat 119 and ran Check Switch again and all 3 sats showed up. Did a tweak on the dish and all was ok.

I then had our service address changed, waited 15 minutes and ran another Check Switch, forced a new guide download and all was as it should be except the channels for NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox changed, so had to redo all my pending recordings. Not a bad deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)