Can someone explain to me how Open Season is #2 (Nielsen VideoScan)

HD-DVD has had nice hardware discounts with limit quantities. Blu-Ray has had EXCELLENT software discounts on multiple occasions.

I smell a Blu-Ray BOGO free next week to counter Bourne. (Seriously, doing a "freebie" on Open Season was beyond sad. It wasn't even a mail-in rebate. It was an actual scan at the register.) :rolleyes:

It's not for the studios, it's for marketing and public perception.

Studios are plenty aware of all of the actual numbers you can be sure.

I think I agree, although I'm not sure how you mean this... public perception that the discs are cheaper would be a big step in promoting your format. I doubt the general public cares about the 2:1 ratio...

Open Season has fallen out of the top 10.

Interesting Planet Earth(HD DVD) is #2 by a very slim marginto Die Hard 100.00 to 97.66. Curiously that seems to be the only title released on both formats that out sells Blu-Ray. I wonder if thats because of the way BBC does their math as opposed to the way the American studios count. I can't figure it out.

NXTbook flash detection page

Open Season has fallen out of the top 10.

Interesting Planet Earth(HD DVD) is #2 by a very slim marginto Die Hard 100.00 to 97.66. Curiously that seems to be the only title released on both formats that out sells Blu-Ray. I wonder if thats because of the way BBC does their math as opposed to the way the American studios count. I can't figure it out.

NXTbook flash detection page
There are two versions out. The BBC one and the Discovery Channel one.

Business Week: Blu-ray Is Winning

VideoBusiness: High-def formats will remain at parity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts