Canadian Wired CCK Hook UP, account will be ban, but wireless ok- Is it jus BS?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

manila*boy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
How true is- that Canadian account holder will get detected via internet wired cCK Connection , then account will be cancelled and will be ban permanently but wireless connection is ok? How true is this allegations? IP holder can be detected wirelesss or wired. My buddy so scared to hook it up the cck straight to the router and instead, suffering a slow wireless download because someone started gossip about this Bull, without any proof or basis. I called Direct and they denied and quote, " account is an account"- money in the bank.

If it is going through the same router then the external IP address will be the same as if wired. It will make no difference. I wouldn't be calling up DirecTV and telling them I am in Canada though....

Yes, That was I though, would be the same just the wireless internet hookup is too slow for VOD to download into HR34, so you figure wired connection will be ok to do? Will not call Direct again, thou

Where do you draw the lines between legal and illegal part on this business? Likewise The Canadian satellite providers like Bell and SHawdirect- There are thousands of their Receiver boxes that are hook-up and being watch across the United States. We all know that 99 percent of this receivers are legitimate paying account or subs and programming bills are being paid every month.

Where do you draw the lines between legal and illegal part on this business? Likewise The Canadian satellite providers like Bell and SHawdirect- There are thousands of their Receiver boxes that are hook-up and being watch across the United States. We all know that 99 percent of this receivers are legitimate paying account or subs and programming bills are being paid every month.

Isn't Bell and Shaw LEGAL in the US ?

I've read lots of people in Canada using US providers (and vice versa). I've read many people having concern of IP address via VOD usage. I have yet to read of anyone that had their account ended for IP address concerns. If they are stupid enough to call tech support that is a different matter.

As for the legal question, Canada has laws against using US providers but they are essentially unenforced. The US to my knowledge does not have laws against it, but it is against the terms of service of the Canadian providers, not that they won't take your money if you let them and don't disclose your return.

I've read lots of people in Canada using US providers (and vice versa). I've read many people having concern of IP address via VOD usage. I have yet to read of anyone that had their account ended for IP address concerns. If they are stupid enough to call tech support that is a different matter.

As for the legal question, Canada has laws against using US providers but they are essentially unenforced. The US to my knowledge does not have laws against it, but it is against the terms of service of the Canadian providers, not that they won't take your money if you let them and don't disclose your return.

That is correct. I have received PM's from American and Canadians that have been a legit subscribers on either providers, they having no issues at all with their accounts, one of them Canadians even hook it up straight wired to the router the CCk, because he got fed up with the slow wireless download, At first, he is just being paranoid and worried of getting ban and cancelled by Direct.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is correct. I have received PM's from American and Canadians that have been a legit subscribers on either providers, they having no issues at all with their accounts, one of them Canadians even hook it up straight wired to the router the CCk, because he got fed up with the slow wireless download, At first, he is just being paranoid and worried of getting ban and cancelled by Direct
however as for canadian ips, if your want a surefire way to get a legal ip fromoutside canada, i would recommend building a cheap server computer with two ethernet cards, do the network setup (google is your friend) run your modem straight to the pc, then the router wan input to the computers other port, install a program called hotspot shield elite. There are other ways too, hamanchi comes to mind.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed discussion of account stacking, that is something we don't tolerate here and don't even want discussed. I know it wasn't you doing it, so no harm no foul, but we would just encourage people to pay their own bill so to speak. There is grey area (Canada use, paying their bills) and then there is simply stealing.

blame the CRTC...They say it is illegal to have Dish or Directv in Canada

the FCC says nothing about Shaw or Bell in the states....but Bell kinda took that upon themsleves with their new satellites and the footprint drops off a couple hundred miles into the states. Shaw works fine even in Florida. Its considered grey area

I removed discussion of account stacking, that is something we don't tolerate here and don't even want discussed. I know it wasn't you doing it, so no harm no foul, but we would just encourage people to pay their own bill so to speak. There is grey area (Canada use, paying their bills) and then there is simply stealing.

This is an ancient issues of legal paying legit account holder that we talking about here, It's got nothing to do with the pirated signal or programming satellite providers. These people are paying their programming bills, month after month, god knows for how long, I figured, if you are a paying customer, you deserved to be treated just like the rest of them, regardless of your age, race, nationality, etc, etc..

This is an ancient issues of legal paying legit account holder that we talking about here, It's got nothing to do with the pirated signal or programming satellite providers. These people are paying their programming bills, month after month, god knows for how long, I figured, if you are a paying customer, you deserved to be treated just like the rest of them, regardless of your age, race, nationality, etc, etc..

That is not at all what we were referring to when jcrandall edited the posts, but lets leave that hatchet buried and not kick the dead horse.

on the other hand since jason sorta gave his blessing, I can help you out with configuring a vpn to get you a different ip address if you need, PM me and well keep the boring tech talk outside of the thread, but I already gave you a run down in my post a few spots up. You will have to build a cheap computer and have it run 24/7 without spending a good deal of money on a custom router however. Ondemand is where this thread started.

And jason hit me up if this is too far black from the grey area. and well just close everything down.

You could also just buy a cheap router that's ddwrt compatible, configure it as a WAP then enter your vpn providers open vpn info.

Ipvanish has a support section and step by visual guide for configuring a ddwrt router for open VPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're fine, VPN away. it is good security for confidence in a northern directv user downloading VOD. Like I mentioned above, I've yet to read about any user having their account eliminated based on their IP address, but it could happen theoretically.

You're fine, VPN away. it is good security for confidence in a northern directv user downloading VOD. Like I mentioned above, I've yet to read about any user having their account eliminated based on their IP address, but it could happen theoretically.

Just tell them you have your whole network VPN'd to a friend in Canada and the receiver took that route.

To furthur backup your story, get a MagicJack with a USA number (preferably in the area of your service address) and plug all your receivers into it.

Last edited:
Just tell them you have your whole network VPN'd to a friend in Canada and the receiver took that route.

To furthur backup your story, get a MagicJack with a USA number (preferably in the area of your service address) and plug all your receivers into it.

Id suggest the magic jack as well, couldnt hurt things, or look at ooma

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Everything work like a charm. 100% working in Canadian soil - Direct VOD hookup straight wired to the router. Thanks for all your help and responses. You are the best.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How to wire up directv receievers

use wired cck and decas without DirecTv service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts