Cancel Recording vs Skipping? 622

Modwild

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Is it possible to actually CANCEL a recording on the 622 or do I have to skip it and then every possible entry thereafter when it tries to reschedule. I'm usually not this dense, but I have tried everything I can think of and cannot figure out how to actually cancel a recording (especially bad when done by mistake!). If it's a series....I know I can delete the timer, but if I watch live on TV1 while spouse skips on TV2, is there another way to keep it from wanting to rerecord or do I have to delete the timer and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help!

It sure would be nice to disable recordings for a timer without having to delete it, like for a vacation and news programs. You can limit the number of recordings from a timer.
-Ken

Is it possible to actually CANCEL a recording on the 622 or do I have to skip it and then every possible entry thereafter when it tries to reschedule. I'm usually not this dense, but I have tried everything I can think of and cannot figure out how to actually cancel a recording (especially bad when done by mistake!). If it's a series....I know I can delete the timer, but if I watch live on TV1 while spouse skips on TV2, is there another way to keep it from wanting to rerecord or do I have to delete the timer and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help!
Sounds to me like you have set your timers for "All" instead of "New". If you skip a New timer, it will not try to record another showing.

If you skip a New timer, it will not try to record another showing.

Are you sure about that? I'm could swear I've skipped events to temporarily re-prioritize them without going into the timers menu, and the new shows have been picked up at a later time.

Are you sure about that? I'm could swear I've skipped events to temporarily re-prioritize them without going into the timers menu, and the new shows have been picked up at a later time.
Not for me. I mistakenly did a skip once and wish it had. Again, mine are set for New.

Not for me. I mistakenly did a skip once and wish it had. Again, mine are set for New.

Well, take it from someone who has "new" for every show - Californication, Dexter, Mad Men - they all want to record every couple hours for craps sake. It takes all week trying to not record it. Ummm...Tivo? Really - I don't think Dish stole your patent. All the goodies are still on Tivo - why would they even want to associate with the function lacking DVRs that come with Dish???

I just tried it tonight. I skipped The Ultimate Trailer Show on HDNet at 8PM and it queued up the next showing of it. The timer is set for New.

how long has the 311 receiver been used?

Possible bad IR receiver on VIP722K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)